Cubio VS. Super Cubio VS. Big Mac Cubio

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
Brett H

Cubio VS. Super Cubio VS. Big Mac Cubio

Post by Brett H » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:43 am

All right, so I stumbled across a performance of Cubio the other day, and I love it and know of how to get some audience participation out of it.
Here's the thing: which is the better/best Cubio to get?

From what I have researched, the handling and quality of all 3 Cubios appear to be the same, it's just the Super Cubio is bigger, and the Big Mac Cubio is the most visually appealing (but hard as hell to find). Is the Big Mac as big as Super Cubio?

Also, does any of them perform better/have a better gimmick than the others?
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Cubio VS. Super Cubio VS. Big Mac Cubio

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:06 am

They all basically work the same way. I think I still like the original the best. It is nice and colorful and doesn't look like it is hiding too much.While Super Cubio is bigger, I'm not really sure it is really worth the extra money it will take to get it unless you happen to really like that design better.
I don't have the burger version but I think it is similar in size to Super Cubio. I kind of like the design of it but I'm not sure how I would explain what my burger is doing going up and down a string.I guess it would be great if you are doing magic in a restaurant.

I do have one other version of this trick - It is the "Poobio". This one is kinda cute for kids' shows and I was thinking it might go well with the Floating Pooh.
20150120_192846.jpg
20150120_192804.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:01 am

That`s really nice Elliot. Could we hand out floating pooh for examination like the other Cubios ? Seems that floating pooh image is very famous and iconic. I remembered that I took 1 photo in 2007 when I was in Disneyland HongKong and in the souvenir shop, there was 1 floating pooh displayed on the ceiling. It looks really magical indeed :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:48 am

Very nice! I think it is one of the most whimsical and memorable images from the series and therefore very popular.
Tenyo uses it for their Pooh magic Cubes as well.

And yes, this version of Cubio can be handed out just like the others.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 am

Brett H wrote:
Also, does any of them perform better/have a better gimmick than the others?
Brett,
We had the discussion before which maybe could help you to get better overview
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=871&hilit=Cubio
;)

Elliot,
Yes...it is also another nice version of Bare Bones. Thanks for sharing us again :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Thank your for directing me to that link. Got most of the answers I was looking for.

The Disney Cubio is interesting! Never even knew they made something like that--and I try to keep an eye out for the Disney stuff.

But from the prior Cubio discussion. It appears they all handle the same; none of them handle better than another.

It's really just aesthetic.

But I think I'm going to side with the Big Mac and Super Cubio for the larger size and bolder look. I'll side with them more when I get my 'magic fund' going.
Where's my colon?!