Zig Zag Cig Variation

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
Randy

Zig Zag Cig Variation

Post by Randy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:34 am

I found this video on You Tube. I think it is an interesting addition to Zig Zag Cig.

The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention

BluBob

Re: Zig Zag Cig Variation

Post by BluBob » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:30 am

Very interesting ... this is already a classic, I love seeing an outside-of-the-box approach.
and now, on with the show ...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:26 pm

This is really an original variation! I had to watch twice to see how that was done :)

Although I doubt if this can be done in the 'real world', I mean the world outside YouTube... I think yes, but you must perform it very carefully then...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:38 am

Sweet! Perhaps if you have some extremely tiny magnets (they do exist) you should be able to take the heat off the first fase when putting the bolt into the case, but I'm not sure if that's possible. It would require some pretty hard to do arts and crafts :)

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun May 01, 2016 1:51 am

This seems fairly easy to pull off ...

The LENGTH of the bolt is the key. AND the position of the nut on the bolt which in inserted into the Zig Zag Cig. There MAY be a "stop, or mark" to direct the exact positioning when inserting the bolt & nut. Look closely and you will see that the original bolt, & nut is "short" enough to hide the nut by the small partisan. (BUT the shorter length allows enough space for the bolt to "do it's thing." Look at the bottom, once inserted, and you will see that the bolt is still about a quarter of an inch too short.(from the bottom) Inserting the nut & bolt this way gives the bolt enough room to allow the bolt to slide/fall down far enough to expose the nut.

THOUGHT: I think that the "grip" on the bolt & nut at the beginning of the video looks tense and unnatural. It looks as though something is being hidden. (which it is) I am working on a more natural looking insertion of the nut & bolt.

Cool post, and thought provoking ...
Bob~
and now, on with the show ...

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Tue May 03, 2016 2:08 am

Great idea!
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Thu May 05, 2016 7:44 am

Nice idea! Although I have to agree with the above comments, it would be very angle sensitive. It might be cool if you could create slightly wider partitions to help hide things for a real world performance! Thanks for sharing!

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 am

I found this other variation on youtube:

It may not be obvious to realize but in any case, very nice to watch ;)