Question about Magic Maze

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
Brett H

Question about Magic Maze

Post by Brett H » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:23 am

All right. One idea I have had rolling around in my head is using Magic Maze in a kids show. However (once I get it and am able to copy the cards and such), I would build a much larger scale one to make it so a larger audience can see everything. I'm thinking maybe 3 or 4 times bigger than what it appears to be (I'm thinking the cards would be the size of standard 8"X11" papers).

Here's my question (I don't have it and I don't know the secret either):

Would a significant increase in card size make the handing of the cards awkward? Or it wouldn't matter?

Also, what are the dimensions of the cards? I'm hoping they are standard size as it makes increasing the size by X3 almost perfect to standard 8x11 paper. But I also know that Tenyo isn't afraid of wonky card dimensions (lookin' at you, +1 redemption tricks!).
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Question about Magic Maze

Post by SimonC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:20 am

I seem to remember the cards are slightly wider than usual but I'm not 100% off the top of my head.
You should be fine with the scaled up cards provided you have a scaled up envelope :)
Now you see me...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:58 am

In order to do this using, say, jumbo size cards (the kind we recognize), you would need two assistants from the audience to help--one to hold each end of the large paper. Then, since the item is now vertical rather than laying on the table, you need clips or something to fold the four jumbo cards in place on the paper.

The whole thing sounds kind of awkward.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:40 pm

You could invest in some a4 sheets of magnetic printer paper, it's relatively cheap
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:59 pm

SimonC wrote:You could invest in some a4 sheets of magnetic printer paper, it's relatively cheap
Magnetic printer paper? That's crazy!

If you laminated the A4 paper, would it still have a good 'hold'
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:55 am

not sure, only one way to find out! they used to sell in the UK in a shop called poundland (like a dollar store) so it should be easy to find on ebay
Now you see me...