Lie Detector Animation Frame

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
Richard Kaufman

Re: Lie Detector Animation Frame

Post by Richard Kaufman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:17 pm

You don't want to buy the one Tenyo sold outside Japan. You do want to buy the one they made for Japan, where they have the Disney license, because it has a recognizable character on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BLv6qJ_og

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:You don't want to buy the one Tenyo sold outside Japan. You do want to buy the one they made for Japan, where they have the Disney license, because it has a recognizable character on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BLv6qJ_og
First of all, there is nothing wrong with the one sold outside of Japan. The character does not have to be recognizable as Victor has proven with his excellent work with it as can be seen here on this forum.

Second, the one from Japan is much more difficult to get and when found, is much more expensive.

So, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I must disagree.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Well ... to be honest Steve, I also prefer the 'real' Pinokkio. I'm lucky to have bought one from Hitomi several years ago. But ... the non-Japan version will do the trick with Victor's excellent routine, very true :)

And indeed, the Japan version is very hard to find and ridiculously expensive sometimes ... . But IF you can choose for the same price, I'd go for the Japan version.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:53 pm

EvanS wrote:Nice work, Victor! You actually inspired me to seek out an Animation Frame. My wallet thanks you (but not my wife).

I really appreciate the graphics you created. Thanks, too, for sharing!
You are most welcome Evan. Wish you a very good luck to find AF. It is only about time ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:54 am

I think both versions of AF look nice. The outside Japan version reminds me to the original classic Pinnochio which first created by Carlo Collodi (Italian) in 1881
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adven ... _Pinocchio

But no doubt, Disney made it worldwide famous with their version and no wonder, most of the people recognize it more than the original version. The one with the apple scene really appeared in the Disney movie. not sure with the original version.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:38 am

VictorS wrote:The outside Japan version reminds me to the original classic Pinnochio which first created by Carlo Collodi (Italian) in 1881
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adven ... _Pinocchio
I never knew that and you're right Victor! It looks more like a wooden doll :)

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:13 pm

I can't imagine that many people, at this late date, would even recognize the non-Disney version of Pinocchio. Tenyo created the trick to be done with the image from the Disney version. The only reason they used a generic version in the west is because of the limitations of their license with Disney.

I doubt that you'll see anything like this in the future because western magicians buy less Tenyo than they used to, making the creation of a "western" version of a trick not economically feasible.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Anyone have an extra DISNEY Animation Frame?

If so, Please PM me ...

Many thanks ...
and now, on with the show ...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:14 pm

SEO Magic has one right now!
https://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pr ... ts_id/2034
Don't worry if the link doesn't show what it is, but trust me, this is the Japanese version of Animation Frame.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Clicking the link says: "Item sold out!"

Searching in Tenyo section on SEO shows "Animation Frame" is out of stock. (any version)

Didn't see your post until 6 hours later ...

Thanks anyway

**STILL LOOKING FOR DISNEY VERSION OF ANIMATION FRAME**

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Alas ...

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Yeah... I followed the SEO link two hours after I received the newsletter and they were already gone. Gotta be quick!

Fortunately, I do have the US version on the way (Thanks to Steve!).

Eventually I'll find the Japanese version.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 pm

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:44 am

Thank you Richard.

I want to thank Steve S. for finding me a Disney Animation Frame.

This is a wonderful place to be with so many thoughtful members.

Many thanks to all of you on so many levels!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:56 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:Here's one on eBay for $40: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-T-233-Ani ... SwuxFYx7Dr
Thank you Richard. I snapped it up quickly once you posted here. The frame arrived safely yesterday in perfect condition. 40 bucks and free shipping was really a very good deal. Recommended seller with acceptable price. It was my first experience using Ebay :) Yes...I am too late for this old stuff...but better late than never ;)
The seller relisted the frame with slightly different price ($ 50,-) but I think it's still ok. Considering free shipping also. So if anyone looks for this, time to grab fast.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-T-233-Anima ... Ciid%253A2

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:05 pm

I can't believe I didn't comment on this yet. I thought I did. I actually did not. That makes me a ding-dong.

Your presentation got me to actually look at Animation Frame analytically. Never really considered it in the past. This is a fantastic way to do everything. The cards look amazing as well. What program did you use to make the cards?

While I agree that one doesn't need the Disney 'Frame. I think the extra expense in acquiring the Pinocchio version presents a lot nicer and certainly drives the point home. At least, If I were to go about this, I'd hunt down the Disney frame.

Great work, Victor!
Where's my colon?!

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Happy to be of service, Victor. Despite this effect not having the greatest rep, I had a much better feeling about it after watching its creator, Billy, perform it for me in Tokyo. He has other good ideas as well.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:45 am

No problem at all Brett. Thanks a lot. We have so many interesting topics in the forum which is a good sign and sometimes we missed some threads. I am not a graphic expert and I use standard MS Powerpoint to do the design. I know it's not quite suitable design software comparing to other software like Adobe Photoshop and other good ones, but it can accommodate the basic design tools and very easy to use. I used color laser printer to make the cards, glued it back to back and laminated them for better finish and durability. The quality was not bad although not the best. The cards are spreadable and easy to do the glide move. Would be nice if we can print out on material similar to bicycle deck (air cushion finish) It will be nice to have one of this Brett because this will definitely become collectible in the future. Not only sharing magic trick but the moral story behind this trick makes everything interesting. So many added values I would say. Wish you a very good luck to find one Brett !

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:55 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:Happy to be of service, Victor. Despite this effect not having the greatest rep, I had a much better feeling about it after watching its creator, Billy, perform it for me in Tokyo. He has other good ideas as well.
I see that point too Richard, this prop has big potential to be developed and the creativity is limitless. I wish someday I can show Billy about my idea although by coincidence I came to his original idea. By the way, I am just curious how Billy performed his original presentation to you? Maybe you can give a short overview.
Looking at the extra cards we got when buying this trick, for the easy performace, we can also make a stack of this Pinnochio pictures with the long nose and add 1 picture with normal nose. Using a piece of rubber band and out to lunch principle, we can make a quick effect for the spec. And they can sign the picture too. I think this could be another practical alternative for close up magic and a nice souvenir for the spec as well.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:27 am

Using it in combination with Out To Lunch, how clever is that :o . Another EXCELLENT idea Victor :!:

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 am

Thanks David ;)
Little bit out of topic, does anyone familiar with svengali out to lunch? I came up with that idea years ago but perhaps, it has been invented by someone. Well...well...could be another coincidence :) :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi guys,

Finally I decided to make a video of this idea. Hope you like it. Enjoy !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMphV8X2-b0

Cheers,
Vic

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Really brilliant Victor, I love your performance, great to see a video of it!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Really brilliant Victor, I love your performance, great to see a video of it!
Thanks Rob, glad you like it :)

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Um...
Wait... back up...

Svengali Out to Lunch??