Evaporating Water and Glass - My DIY Version

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
VictorS

Evaporating Water and Glass - My DIY Version

Post by VictorS » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:43 am

Hi, good day everyone ! Hope everyone stay safe and healthy !

Today I just finish a short interesting project while staying at home which is the classic Evaporating Water and Glass. Based on the reference in Tenyoism, the originator of the effect is Paul Fox, who created it and made only a few in the 1930s. Tenyo sold the trick "Evaporating Water and Glass" going back to Tenyo Shokyokusai's Magic Lab in 1956.

At the moment I have no chance to find the original version but luckily I found ordinary objects that can support me building the prop. Yes, this is my "DIY" version with the same effect. The routine is also little bit different with the original version using the shaker but a good magician friend from Indonesia Mr. Paulus Sentana inspired me on doing this routine in his IG. Many thanks again for his inspiration and input on building this prop. Now I have one to enjoy !

Hope you enjoy the routine as well and have a good day everyone !

Cheers,
Victor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJim7MXCZeI

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Re: Evaporating Water and Glass - My DIY Version

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Great performace idea Victor....you transformed a dissapearing effect into an impossible penetration effect!!....the straw part is very clever and enhaces the effect.

VictorS

Re: Evaporating Water and Glass - My DIY Version

Post by VictorS » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:41 am

Thank you Roberto. Glad you enjoy it :) It`s not really my idea but I borrow it from my friend. But I made myself the gimmick using Pringles and the straw ;)