Crystal Cleaver question

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
BobD
Charter Member

Crystal Cleaver question

Post by BobD » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Does anybody know how to perform Crystal Cleaver repeatedly? In the Hot Tips section of the Tenyo Magic Official Site there is an explanation of how to do it. The first illustration is blank on my computer and I cannot do it by following the instructions provided.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Crystal Cleaver question

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:46 pm

I tried this on my Tenyo Crystal Cleaver and it did not work for me either. However when i tried it on my Magic Works version it worked perfectly. The mechanism is triggered without being locked and it can be repeated again and again.
I'm not sure why as the two versions look identical. The Tenyo version I have is the original one that came on a card. Perhaps in later versions Tenyo made it so that it is easier to trigger the mechanism?

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:02 pm

I have tried it with my 20 year old Magic Works version but it never worked. Today I opened my Japanese version and it still do not work.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:00 am

Elliot W. wrote:However when i tried it on my Magic Works version it worked perfectly. The mechanism is triggered without being locked and it can be repeated again and again.
This is the same for me. My Magic Works version can be triggered without locking if you press very lightly.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:02 am

I wrote how I repeat my Tenyo Crystal Cleaver in the Members Only Sections.

http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... f=34&t=501

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:07 am

BobD wrote:The first illustration is blank on my computer.
The illustration has been missing for some time.

All it showed was to turn the cover 45°

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:08 am

Elliot W. wrote:I'm not sure why as the two versions look identical. The Tenyo version I have is the original one that came on a card. Perhaps in later versions Tenyo made it so that it is easier to trigger the mechanism?
My performing version of Crystal Cleaver came on the card too so I am not sure why you guys are having problems repeating the trick.