Magic Man bag

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Magic Man bag

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm home alone tonight so rather that sit with my own thoughts I'm doing what all good magicians do and go and and interrupt other people's instead.
Here is my magic man bag 'lite' it has just enough in it for an evening of force-feeding Magic to strangers.
I have..
Think a drink, trap box, my pet boris, f1wallet and cards and my telekinetic nut (I also have a regular deck of cards and roll of glue dots)
Everything fits in nicely with room to spare so I can use it as a bag too. TAD has a zip pocket on the front, f1 cards round the back, sharpie clipped on the side, bores and nut in small pocket everything else inside. It packs pretty small (allowing me to flee easily should anyone take umbrage at having their mind twisted)
I have a larger one for bigger occasions too but this one is great.

For some reason the new ios8 update means I can't upload pics from my iPad so Mazza when you read this could you do me a favour and add the pics im about to email you to this post, cheers!
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Magic Man bag

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Curious about your bag, hope the pic will come soon! I have never had a man bag, I am always afraid someone robs me then, like they do with women's handbags...

I was sitting on myself too tonight, sorting out my Tenkai Knights, my new obsession :-) It made me relaxed however. Decided I have now enough little men, now is the time to think of incorporating it in a magic trick, made from Lego...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Sorry for the delay guys, I am having problems with Simon's pics as well. I will look into that.

I was able to get one up on the server. Click here to see it.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 pm

LOL......... :lol: :lol: :D :D :lol: :lol:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:37 am

Hah! Thanks John for making me literally laugh out loud :) so is it not just me who can't upload pics at the moment?
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:46 am

Actually you can upload them, the reason why you had problems is that the files were over 1MB you have to scale them back a little and you should have no problem.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:18 am

I already tried that, I just sent you the bigger ones. it says the request timed out and gives me a white screen doom
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:14 am

Picture upload test....seems working now Simon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:57 am

finally, after emailing myself and uploading them to my work laptop, here are my bag pics. bit of an anticlimax now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:18 am

Wohooo...the next "Dynamo" from Essex ;) In what routine you use the trap box Simon ? and how was the F1 wallet ? I heard it is one of the best wallet ever created.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:40 am

Great Bag Simon! Looks way cooler than an attaché case! And not rob-able probably! :)
Which brand is it?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:30 am

I also would like to know what makes this F1 wallet so special. I already have a few wallets but this gets indeed very good reviews :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:08 am

the F1 is indeed awesome, I find I'm practicing it a lot just because its fun to do. hard to describe without giving too much away but it uses a gimmick which you could make yourself to be for any deck of cards. I love it, my advice is get one. what brand is my bag? i dont know Im afraid, but there are loads of man bags sold in england, this one is just the right size to pack a good ten minute routine in.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:59 am

The bag looks really casual english style and very "street magic". I love it. Some coins, thumb tips or color changing knives could be a good addition for it ;)

I saw the F1 demo Simon. The concept was really cool and you have EVERYTHING in 1 wallet. Even for the mentalism effect. I have the Stealth Assassin Wallet (SAW) which also a cool wallet. It is smaller than F1 and fits into our shirt pocket. The F1 wallet have a nice support gimmick for the card to wallet effect which I believe much cooler than SAW because the card appear in the zip compartment. And the gimmick helps really a lot to eliminate the sleight of hand. With SAW you can do also the card to wallet effect but sleight of hand required (mercury card fold and manual loading to the wallet) The other features are almost the same (peek wallet, out to lunch and index)

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Cute bag Simon! It seems you're going for a battle. Reminds me of David and Goliath and your bag's style like David, sling bag. I like the Boris trick, i thinķ a lot of fun to perform this with the women.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:56 pm

is that spider the trick where the girls end the end turn their hand aroud and find a spider stuck to the back of their hands?????
LOVE that man-bag btw, looks great!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 pm

It is that trick yes, I love it, so simple and easy to work out straight after but in terms of reactions you can't beat it. Cheers :)
Now you see me...

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 pm

lol nice....
i can imagine how freaked out those girls would be.. I am super scared of spiders as well.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:31 pm

The bag is nice! Did you get it online somewhere?

I'm looking for something like this--something that looks a lot less 'college-studenty'
Where's my colon?!