New Tenyo Elite item is wooden Ultra Tube!

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: New Tenyo Elite item is wooden Ultra Tube!

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 am

No it doesn't, what I was saying is that it would have been great if this new version would have a locking mechanism :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:13 pm

I am not sure why Tenyo Elite does not put the "Ultra Tube" and the Tenyo logo on it. Since they are authorized, I think it would be better marked like the original. Without the markings, and since it is so big, to me all they are creating is the same effect but not actually an Elite version of Ultra Tube. To me it looks like the perfomaer is handling a large turd. This should have been made in aluminum, anodized in blue with "Ultra Tube" laser etched into it and a locking mechanism added. Now that is Elite! If you had that item in your hand you would be amazed.

I think that the Elite version will not effect the price of the Tenyo version. I had the Tenyo version out today and it is an amazing piece of manufacturing. It looks simple, but it is very complicated. If there was a chance to get a genuine Ultra Tube versus the Elite one, go for the genuine.

I thinks this is very interesting that Tenyo Elite is proving out that what Tenyo has created in plastic is actually as perfect as can be for almost all of the hundreds of tricks they produced. Out of the 4 effects to date (Moon Spinner, Fortune Sticks, Zig Zag Cig, and Ultra Tube) only the Zig Zag Cig was a significant improvement to the original IMO. Just because something is made in another material, does not make it Elite.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Yes I agree with you John, especially because wood tends to expand or shrink due to humidity conditions, that could hinder the gimmick of Ultra Tube. Anodized aluminum would indeed have been the best option!
Last edited by Rob Rand on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:01 pm

A metal version would brilliant but I still think this is one where plastic is the best option. But how cool would a meal one be if it was possible to do. And in blue Ali. And it'd just look better over time as the edges started to show a bit of silver. mmm.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:08 am

JohnM wrote:... To me it looks like the perfomaer is handling a large turd.
:lol:
JohnM wrote:This should have been made in aluminum, anodized in blue with "Ultra Tube" laser etched into it and a locking mechanism added. Now that is Elite! If you had that item in your hand you would be amazed.
I agree, metal would have been a better choice. In any case, I DO think Elite made the right choice with this one, since the genuine ones are so difficult to find and everyone was asking for it. I'd love to see a picture of the Elite version next to the original one, because I also think it is bigger.

I took mine out of the display cabinet yesterday and it works so smooth ... wonderfull. However I did notice something: the secret die rattles a bit when you shake the tube. Is this normal? When you perform and speak throughout your performance it isn't a problem, but nonetheless this was something I only noticed yesterday. Perhaps adding some thin velvet on the bottom of the tube may help, but that's a bit of a risk to do that.

Rob is right too with the expanding of wood, I hope it will be OK with the Elite one, if not that's a huge problem. I have a Mikame Card Case for example that fails to work when the weather is humid ... .

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:10 am

Perhaps if you find ever so slightly bigger dice?
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:11 am

SimonC wrote:Perhaps if you find ever so slightly bigger dice?
That would help, but it's only a very, very tiny difference, so it will be difficult. I should try it nonetheless :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:21 am

David DeTenyo wrote:
SimonC wrote:Perhaps if you find ever so slightly bigger dice?
That would help, but it's only a very, very tiny difference, so it will be difficult. I should try it nonetheless :)
Would it be worth finding someone who has a 3D printer to make a couple dice that could, literally, fit the bill?
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:21 am

SimonC wrote:I had a dream last night actually about the ultratube and the instructions were animated. It showed that original UT had a latch on one edge and you could unfold it at the start. It then went on to show the elite version being used with steel ball bearings instead of dice, i don't know if it'd work with the gimmick but it looked really cool and had a nice weight to it and a satisfying roll.
Brilliant Idea with using different metal balls in Ultra Tube, it would work.

Just by playing with Ultra Tube yesterday, I came up with a new presentation for Ultra Tube as well.

Maybe Simon and I should be running Tenyo Elite. Any applicants for the third partner?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:33 am

John that idea is absolutely BRILLIANT :o ! Also nice thinking from Simon using a ball.

Well, as far as a third partner goes, my wife can sow nice litle bags if needed ;) I still have to ask her to make a 'card switching bag' ... .

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:35 am

JohnM wrote: Just by playing with Ultra Tube yesterday, I came up with a new presentation for Ultra Tube as well.

Maybe Simon and I should be running Tenyo Elite. Any applicants for the third partner?
Wow....what a nice variation John. You and Simon should definitely run the business...If you need support... I`m in :D By the way....will you name it: Tenyo Elite Too ?? :D :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:40 am

Wowza that is inspired thinking John, and it's a tenyo/tenyo crossover, even better! Now I just need a freaking ultratube!! I should've got that one you had for $100, dagnabbit.
I'm glad the ball bearings would work too, I had a very vivid dream about it and it felt very satisfying to perform, especially as it rolled out. Ooh, as I type, how about this...
You use ultratube to change a raw nugget of steel ore into a steel ball bearing which you then take to Alchemy of Magic and squish flat and turn into a coin!!!
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:41 am

It could be a money factory, ultratube looks like a long processing plant AOM looks like a press
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:42 am

David DeTenyo wrote:John that idea is absolutely BRILLIANT :o ! Also nice thinking from Simon using a ball.

Well, as far as a third partner goes, my wife can sow nice litle bags if needed ;) I still have to ask her to make a 'card switching bag' ... .
You should have her make this for you. I can tell you what you need to do if you are interested.

http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/japan/#stone

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:44 am

VictorS wrote:
JohnM wrote: Just by playing with Ultra Tube yesterday, I came up with a new presentation for Ultra Tube as well.

Wow....what a nice variation John. You and Simon should definitely run the business...If you need support... I`m in :D By the way....will you name it: Tenyo Elite Too ?? :D :D
I already have a name for the deluxe line of tricks that I will be producing. It is called FSO Excelsior so we would change it to FSO-JH Excelsior.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:46 am

Simon, there's this guy MagiChrisMitch on TMC who says he has several Ultra Tubes, perhaps you could contact him?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 am

JohnM wrote: You should have her make this for you. I can tell you what you need to do if you are interested.

http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/japan/#stone
Is it the same as that trick with the black ball and white balls taken out of a bag and the magician knows who has the black ball 'by feeling'? I can't remember the name of it but I do have it.

EDIT: I just remembered, it's called Odd Ball by Marc Oberon.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 am

JohnM wrote: I already have a name for the deluxe line of tricks that I will be producing. It is called FSO Excelsior so we would change it to FSO-JH Excelsior.
Excelsior......sounds good to me :) :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:15 am

VictorS wrote: Excelsior......sounds good to me :) :)
Excelsior is:
- a Latin adjective meaning "higher" or "loftier"
- used in English as an interjection with a poetic meaning of "ever upward"
- the official motto of the state of New York (seen on its seal)
- the catchphrase of Stan Lee, who used it at the end of every "Bullpen Bulletins" column in Marvel Comics

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:27 am

Great idea John, thanks for sharing!
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:47 am

Excelsior is indeed a very cool name :)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:06 am

kellebotond wrote:Great idea John, thanks for sharing!

Thanks Guys.

I just finished updating and expanding the Routines page on the sister website check it out. I think the routine with Parabox and Mr. Rabbit is very cool. Stay tuned for a new add-on specifically for this combination.

http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/performin ... -routines/

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:11 am

To me Excelsior sound a bit old-fashioned to be honest, but that's probably because in Holland we have a very old football club named Excelsior.

I personally would prefer Supreme but of course that exist already, Supreme Magic.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:38 am

Great idea the Crash Tube John!!