Tenyo licensed products: Magic Christian's Selected Tricks

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
kellebotond
Charter Member

Tenyo licensed products: Magic Christian's Selected Tricks

Post by kellebotond » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:07 am

I just thought I would share this with you.

I do not know if you were aware of (I was not), but there were quite a few licensed Tenyo products released in Austria few decades ago. (I know that there were several of this kind: MB, Marvin's Magic etc.) They were marketed under the name of: Magic Christian's Selected Tricks. The product line did not consist of only Tenyo effects, but most of them were Tenyo. The original instructions in English were included with the props, but they supplied German instructions and they had special packaging.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Tenyo licensed products: Magic Christian's Selected Tric

Post by JohnM » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:31 am

WOW!

Another amazing find Botond.

Congratulations!!!

I for sure never heard anything about this.

The pamphlet is so cool.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:18 am

That is indeed an amazing find, never heard of it! Thanks for sharing Botond :)

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:08 am

very cool Botond, looks like there is some Chu"s magic tricks in there as well as the Tenyo we love! Good find mate.

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Thanks guys.

There is no date printed on it, but based on the text "Magic Christian 3 times World Champion" they must have been released after 1979 (he won his 3rd FISM award that year).

And if I am not mistaken the "newest" trick is Mystery of the High Hat which was also released in 1979.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:36 pm

There have been a lot of old Tenyo's that have been sold in bulk to shops across Europe and they sold it in their own name (though in most cases Tenyo is credited in the manual from what I have seen). Viennamagic and Zauberzentrale are two that I know of, and this is another one. A bit like the tricks repacked under the name of Doug Henning in the USA.
I believe loads of these genuine Tenyo effects have been lost over the years and still are lost or thrown away because some people don't know they are Tenyo and/or don't know that old Tenyo is valuable thesedays.

Not that long ago I bought a magic tube from a shop in Germany (because it looked to be Tenyo but above all I was just searching for a cheap Magic Tube for my litle niece to play with) and when I got it it was ... yes, genuine Tenyo. I asked the shop if they were aware and said they weren't. Unfortunately this was the las one they had in stock. It was packed in a plastic, sealed bag with old German instructions and (what surprised me) a copy of the Tenyo original ones. Cost me 1,5 EURO ... .

Yes, good deals are out there my fellow collectors, just be patient and keep your eyes open, and you need some luck too of course.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Nice one botond, another treasure trove!! And I'm with John on the brochure, very cool, I'd put that in a frame, creases and all, it'd look great.
A new moon for planet Tenyo :)
Now you see me...