English vs Japanese Packaging

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
Scot Price

English vs Japanese Packaging

Post by Scot Price » Tue May 19, 2015 10:30 pm

I know that a few years ago Tenyo went to one package, but previously, did all English packaging have the T# on the box?

And if now all the packaging is the same, how do you know which version it is?

If this question has been asked previously I appologize.

Thanks,
Scot

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: English vs Japanese Packaging

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed May 20, 2015 2:21 am

Hi Scot

I don't know for sure, but I believe some do, some don't. But you should check Johns site starting here: http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/t001-t010-2/ - work your way up and let us know when you've looked through all the pages/packagings :)
Do keep in mind sometimes different versions of packages were released. Most if not all info can be found on John's website. Here's another excellent page with info obout the packages: http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/collecting/e-pack/ .

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 am

There may be a couple of odd instances where there was no T-number, but all english packages from T-1 up to T-246, have the T-Number printed on the package.

Once they went to Japanese only (starting with T-247 Tower of Dice), the packages were the same except the ones sold in the US had a cellophane bag on the back with professionally printed instructions. The instructions were the only place that the T-number was shown. They do not use T-Numbers with the Japanese versions.

Then last year they abandoned the cello bag instructions and went to the digital instructions that you can download with a code that was at the end of the japanese instructions.

Scot Price

Post by Scot Price » Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks David and John,

This info helps alot.

Scot