What is the effect of Tenyo Market?

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
AlexBrazil

What is the effect of Tenyo Market?

Post by AlexBrazil » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello fellow collectors!

Almost everyday I visit Tenyo Market to check prices. Thanks so much, Mike, for maintaining it!

Well, I was wondering what is the effect of that site on prices. Does it influence prices to get higher?

Of course, prices in eBay auctions depend on several variables. But I would like to hear your takes about this issue.

Best, Alex

Brett H

Re: What is the effect of Tenyo Market?

Post by Brett H » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:57 pm

I think the Tenyo Market affects just buyers looking for individual pieces. And how much you should expect to spend on certain pieces. It's a great tool if you intend to use your budget carefully.

Unless the item you're looking for isn't in the market yet. Then damn the budget.

From what I've seen on EBay, Tenyo prices are set really low to attract customers, or set really high to lure in a sucker.

Tenyo is a buyers market right now. Prices have been steadily decreasing overall on pretty much everything (notable exceptions).

I know we talked about Impossible Pen. An auction went for one last week and I don't think anyone picked it up. Bidding for it was $30 and it was new in box. That is not bad for a new 'Pen. Keep your eyes on eBay!
Where's my colon?!