How many were made?

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
Daniel Risman
Charter Member

How many were made?

Post by Daniel Risman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:21 pm

I guess EBay prices of cerain items of course reflect "supply and demand" - in other words "how many are there" and "how many want them".

Some items I can understand there is a shortage of, like Side Track and the Guillotine are probably so commercial so people wear them out, whereas Diminishing cards and Trio cigarette they look at, put them back I the box and sell in mint condition 30 years later. Some effects does not comply to this logic though, like Mystic Ruby or In the news for instance, so my guess is that it might have to do with how many were made.

Does anyone know how many items were made of each T-number? It would be interesting with a qualified guess of how many for instance Astro Tubes or Coin Case that are out there in the world.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Re: How many were made?

Post by Richard W » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Now that would be a great list to have.
Would like to see that myself. ;)
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 pm

That would be good to know. I don't think Tenyo ever made those numbers public.

It would be good to know how many of a current trick are manufactured when they are first released.

Here is my scenario on why T-33 Coin and Glass are so hard to find.

It was a trick that when used would not last more than a few times and then the rubber sheet would tear. They only provided three or so sheets so the trick was quickly used up and back then there was little thought about saving the boxes.

Even thought it is the only small box I do not have, I could not pay close to $500 for it. For an Astro Tube or and Astro Coin which are rare and cool tricks as well, yes, but not for a trick I can buy in Japanese package for $5.50.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:00 am

John makes a good point- it's not just a matter of how many were manufactured; but also how many remain. It is easy to imagine how many Mirage and Sidetrack ended up in the trash over the years because they can break easily.