Dynamic coins

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
magicjeff

Dynamic coins

Post by magicjeff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Hey gang, so I thought I would open this up for discussion, and I have some questions on this unless this topic is posted elsewhere? If so my apologies, anyways Dynamic coins was one of the 1st Tenyo`s I got, only to find out later on it was Marvin`s magic`s version, which I am not sure if Tenyo allowed them to replicate it? and sadly...I don`t have an official Tenyo version.... ;( Yet.....anyways, I know there are several variations out there, the Japanese version, the Disney version, and I believe there is an English version or is the Japanese and English version the same size aside from the packaging? I absolutely love this effect because it can be done any time, small enough and can be examined! I did use some wax to attach the quarters to the gimmick to prevent premature rattle and well, the brass is getting a bit tarnished, so I might have to bust out the brasso. What are your thoughts? :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Dynamic coins

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:35 am

I got the Marvins Magic version first as well. Not sure if it was licensed from tenyo although they did license Invisible Zone and Wonder Window so they probablly licensed that as well.
The only Tenyo versions being sold right now are Japanese and take 100 yen coins. The English version was quarter size. They pop up on ebay once in a while.

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:08 am

So a 100 yen and quarter are not the same size huh?

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Nope. 100yens are smaller. Quarters won't fit into the cap.

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Ah, gotya thanks bud. Maybe i`ll still get the japanese one and get a few yen coins