The Holy Grail

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
GrahamMatters

The Holy Grail

Post by GrahamMatters » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:52 pm

I noticed over on FB someone called The Ninja Experiment, the Holy Grail of Tenyo. I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on "The Holy Grail" of Tenyo. Personally, I would go for a brand new unopened Floating Lady. What does everyone else think?

KirkW

Re: The Holy Grail

Post by KirkW » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:09 pm

Hello GrahamMatters and a belated welcome to the forum.

I would say Ninja Experiment is definitely one of the highly sought after Tenyo items. However, Floating Lady (especially a mint/unopened one) is equally sought after.
I have both tricks and they are in my top 10 favorite Tenyo tricks.
Not only do I have a carefully opened Floating Lady, but I also have one in super new, unopened condition. 😊
I’ve considered possibly selling it in the past but could never bring myself to let go of it.

GrahamMatters

Post by GrahamMatters » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:50 pm

I would imagine that an unopened Ultra Tube would be right up there!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Ultra Tube and Floating Lady are never sealed, the glue failed and all the packages open like a book. If it is sealed, then it was re-glued (sometimes by the distributor). Ninja Experiment comes shrink wrapped so you know when that is truly new.

A Doug Henning Floating Lady would be along the lines of a Holy Grail because it was never officially released.

GrahamMatters

Post by GrahamMatters » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:01 am

Hi John M, I must be very lucky as My Floating Lady has 100% never been opened and completely sealed. It came from Magic shop in Switzerland and is pristine.