New Tenyo Elite item

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

New Tenyo Elite item

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 am

Tenyo Elite finally seems to be coming out with their new item - of course they say it is great and all, but I still wonder what it will be.
It is much more mechanical in nature then their previous items and will cost more. The big mistake they made with Fortune Sticks and Moonspinner is that both items at that time where still pretty easy available (especially Fortune Sticks) and were good as they were, there wasn't any need to make these out of metal. I bought the Fortune Sticks and they are indeed very good quality and seem professional to us, magicians, but to laymen using the plastic one or metal ones won't make a lot of difference.

Anyway, if the item really is one that is hard to find AND if the trick itself is a very good one I will probably end up placing my order.

I really am curious about this new item. I hope they learned their lesson with their previous items!

What we know from the threads on TMC:
- it is not Match Sticks
- it is not Diabolicus
- it is made out of wood
- it is hand crafted
- it is probably an item released before 1984 as Peter L. was around 8 years old at the time he bought the trick - it also is his favourite Tenyo item to date
- it is not Penetration Frame, Arcane or Chinese Sticks
- it is something 'gimmicky'

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: New Tenyo Elite item

Post by JohnM » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:08 am

Don't get me started with Tenyo Elite. :lol:

Richard W. coined the perfect name for them, "Tenyo Delete" after Steve Brooks (one of the partners) permanently banned me and then Simon because they were threatened by our talents. I always said they should have embraced and worked with us rather than suppressing us but I guess that are not really smart business men.

The other thing that makes me gag is that they always say they have a passion for Tenyo. I do not see it at all. All I see is an inept business partnership. One of their many excuses is that the recent long delay was due to one of the members getting a serious illness. What happened to the other two members, did they stop working in sympathy? And the other funny quote is that they will update the website once the item is announced. How about deleting all the outdated and wrong information from the site as a start.

Just before the last thread was deleted Peter Longwind was crowing that this item was "sick" and a "work of art" and a "masterpiece" and that we will know what it will be in a couple of weeks. Well a couple of weeks have passed and we still don't know. This is par for the course.

No mater what the item is, it can in no way live up to the hype and BS that they are putting out there.

My guess is Tunnel of Darkness.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:28 am

The Tenyo Delete Team made their "announcement" and we still don't know what the trick is.

This is Par for the course.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... orum=259&8

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:58 pm

My guess is Cubio- it is simple to make out of wood. If they really want to disappoint everyone (again) they will release a wooden Crazy Spots.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Here it is...
Tenyo Elite Super Sponge Balls!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:03 am

My guess for the new Tenyo Elite item is Tenyo T-97 Super Stick. It can be made out of wood, made before 1984, and is rare. It is easy and cheap to manufacture too. Also the people at Tenyo Elite are fond of paddle tricks.

My other guesses are:
T-63 Walt Disney World- problem with this one is the copyright issue with Disney
T-98 The Sandwich Platter

These are my guesses but I am hoping for Ninja Experiment.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:47 am

Ballerina hank?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:24 pm

BobD wrote:My guess for the new Tenyo Elite item is Tenyo T-97 Super Stick. It can be made out of wood, made before 1984, and is rare. It is easy and cheap to manufacture too. Also the people at Tenyo Elite are fond of paddle tricks.

My other guesses are:
T-63 Walt Disney World- problem with this one is the copyright issue with Disney
T-98 The Sandwich Platter

These are my guesses but I am hoping for Ninja Experiment.
Super Stick is a great trick. It is actually two different tricks.

Sandwich Platter would be nice in wood with an inlay.

But Peter Longwind said that people thought that it would not be possible to make in wood so it must be something that is intricate.

If it is something good I will buy it as long as it is not over priced like the first two tricks.