Tenyo storing problem:(

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
Shan

Tenyo storing problem:(

Post by Shan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:23 pm

image.jpg
Hello everyone! So this is what I put my non tenyo magic tricks in and for me it looks pretty and useful.
Lately I have been debating whether or not to buy one more to store tenyo in since many of my tenyos are opened and not in package anymore. I see many members here have glass shelves to display them in And I am really jealous but I don't think that's a good option for me because I do play with my tenyos a lot and I believe it would get dusty eventually if I keep opening and closing the shelves.
The trunk is nice but I am concerned that it might not fit my tenyos I have now about 70 of them and I don't want to pile them up. How do you guys all store the tenyos that you play with? My cabinet is too full and I'm running out of space very quickly:(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Tenyo storing problem:(

Post by SimonC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:03 pm

I keep mine in a glass cabinet, however I was visiting my father in law last week and I saw his new butterfly collection. The butterflies were beautiful but all could think was how great the cabinet he had them in would be for storing tricks!
Here's my FILs cabinet...
There's a thread on the forum of our storage solutions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Here's my magic shed (and Elliot's on the left)
Now you see me...

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi Siusiuc,

Tenyo is very addicting and now that you have 70 items, this number will soon increase. You can store loose pieces in a ladies make-up case or in cases with foam. See David's website: http://www.tenyo.be/collectors.html

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:24 pm

wow simon, where did you get your Doug henning magic set from? and which set is it?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:35 pm

gazpratley wrote:wow simon, where did you get your Doug henning magic set from? and which set is it?
Simon heisted that set from Elliot. I was all set up with my team of Ninjas to swoop in and get it but Sinister Simon Craze beat me to it. Drat!

It is the one with the Doug Heaning Floating lady the trick you Gaz have been searching for, for quite some time now.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 pm

Shan,

I like your solution. It is perfect because it can accommodate tricks of all sizes.

I use drawers.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 pm

ooh wonder what sime swapped for the Henning set? :?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:05 pm

hah! I forgot I'd done that, I'm so sneaky I even sneak past myself ;) sadly it was a virtual swiping gaz, I photoshopped it put if his collection and into mine ;)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi Shan,

By the way, nice to hear from you! :)
Like you, I have my Tenyo's in a closed chest, but with three drawers. I have about 100 Tenyos.See the pics:
Tenyo storage1.JPG
Tenyo storage2.JPG
And the chest is inside a chest! This is of course an insult to all the Tenyos, but I have so many more magic tricks. Yes, each Tenyo is packed in a plastic bag. I actually wanna stop collecting Tenyo now, but I said that a couple of times before haha! ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:38 pm

I'll help you quit rob, let's start with that tunnel of darkness ;)
Now you see me...

Shan

Post by Shan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Wow you guys have some really great ideas.. I really like the butterfly suggestion too bad if it's too bulky it might not fit. It's amazing how everyone's display is so organized and pretty with or without the box mine is just like this. I try to make it look neat;)
image.jpg

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:24 pm

I think I am in the running for the worst display- stuff in boxes and bags, not organized in any logical fashion.

I have been to John M's house and his collection is presented beautifully. Someday I hope to have a nice display.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:18 am

Hi Siusiuc,

Thanks for sharing this. Looking more detail at your last photo, I saw that most of your Tenyo collection with boxes were opened and cut from the top. You can fold back the top flap and insert it into the box. I think tenyo describe at the back of box packaging. Very clever packaging idea. If you do this, I think you will save (5-10 cm) more space and you can store the rest of your Tenyo collection.

Good luck ;)

Victor

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 am

The fold method

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 am

John B. wrote:I think I am in the running for the worst display- stuff in boxes and bags, not organized in any logical fashion.

I have been to John M's house and his collection is presented beautifully. Someday I hope to have a nice display.
You are not alone John B :D and just want to share you something.....

at the earlier phase I collected Tenyo, storage become a serious problem for me and I never thought that the packaging will become so valuable for the serious collectors, so I threw them away into the trash can :(. Just like a happy boy with his new toys. And now I`m very disappointed with my stupid actions because many of the Tenyo I bought also came with original packaging. As consequences and to survive from the storage problem, I used plastic boxes which I thought will be a good way to store my stuff and display it beautifully. Of course not as beautiful as the original one. If you bought some electronic stuff, mostly they were sold in thick plastic box packaging, it is quite strong and stable. Even sometimes I think it is better than Tenyo plastic box packaging. It saves your space, a good place to store and display too.

Here are some example from my storage system, to compensate my stupidity :
Senior collectors.....do not laugh at me..... :cry:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:11 pm

I admire your creativity and ingenuity :) I also threw away a lot of my packaging but they were all newer items, no nice early boxes. I tend to keep that sort of thing as I like graphics. I jsut have a safe with all my instructions in. one day I might let the mystic ruby see them but if like him to try and work them out first :)
Now you see me...

Shan

Post by Shan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 pm

vsuperanto wrote:The fold method
Wow thanks I didn't even know that!!
I am doing that now, folding it and slipping the top inside
Thanks!!!:D

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Siusiuc wrote:
vsuperanto wrote:The fold method
Wow thanks I didn't even know that!!
I am doing that now, folding it and slipping the top inside
Thanks!!!:D
Most welcome :D

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:11 pm

SimonC wrote:I admire your creativity and ingenuity :) I also threw away a lot of my packaging but they were all newer items, no nice early boxes. I tend to keep that sort of thing as I like graphics. I jsut have a safe with all my instructions in. one day I might let the mystic ruby see them but if like him to try and work them out first :)
Thanks Si and I`m not really feeling alone now :D That`s what I can do at the moment....and yes...the best way to keep the instructions is to file it in big A4 or folio size ordner with plastic sheets. :D

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:51 am

Mine are currently stored in plastic IKEA boxes (small and large), numbered and in an Excel file every trick with number of box it is in.
But in time there will be display cabinets in my new magic room :)