Spider-man coloring Book and Svengali deck

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
kellebotond
Charter Member

Spider-man coloring Book and Svengali deck

Post by kellebotond » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:50 pm

I have just read at the Japanmagic blog, that Tenyo has released a Spider-man coloring book and a Spider-man svengali deck.

Here is a video of the coloring book:

Do you think it will be available at any European or US magic shop? I would like to buy one for my kids show. I think it would be awesome to do this for 6 year-olds and up.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Spider-man coloring Book and Svengali deck

Post by JohnM » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 pm

That's nice.

Hitomi sold two of these already, she will probably get more.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0 ... ld=1&rt=nc

I think she makes a lot of money off of us but then again she provides Tenyo that are hard to get otherwise. And the translated instructions and the +1 Specials are not available anywhere else.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:39 am

I love that comic book.
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Nice performance!!.....did you noticed that he doesn't change the hand position to perform the "coloring book" move?.......at the end he uses the thumb but in the first part he uses the cushion part of the palm (dont know the name in english)......this way the hand remains in the same position.....nice detail!!

Joel1902

Post by Joel1902 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 am

Can somone please tell me what are the translated instructions and the +1 Specials that are not available anywhere else, that John mentions above?

Thanks,

Joel K.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:24 am

Joel1902 wrote:Can somone please tell me what are the translated instructions and the +1 Specials that are not available anywhere else, that John mentions above?

Thanks,

Joel K.
I should not have said anyplace else, I should have said almost anyplace else. seomagic-usa.com provides a similar type of service that Hitomi provides by selling the +1 Specials and providing custom translated instructions for some Japanese only magic tricks. There are other places to get Japanese Tenyo like Tokyo-Hobby but they do not provide translated instructions and they do not sell the +1 Special because they are not available through normal distribution channels.

Right now Hitomi has the following +1 Specials and you can always write her to see if she has other that are not listed.
Magical Calendar — http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-Magic-Cal ... 1345874729
Magic Sneaker — http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-Magical-S ... 1339643698
Illusion Scale — http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-Special-S ... 1101078553
Magical Burger — http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-Special-2 ... 1245381780

Right now SEO Magic has the following +1 Specials listed on their website.
Magical Burger — http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro ... cts_id/886
Magic Calendar — http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro ... ts_id/1500
Magic Sneakers — http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro ... ts_id/1431
Illusion Scale — http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro ... cts_id/607

You can learn more about the +1 Special Here
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/search/ ... l%20tricks

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 am

what's nice is that Tenyo has been re-releasing one of their discontinued specials every year lately. I had always thought it was a shame that these clever tricks were only available for a year and then gone forever. I guess Tenyo felt the same way and started giving everyone another chance to get them.

As far as the Spiderman items are concerned - It was bad enough that there were so many Disney items to collect. Now I have to start collecting Marvel tricks as well?! :)
And now that Disney owns Star Wars as well I would not be surprised to see some Star Wars magic coming our way as well once the new movie comes out.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 pm

The new Tenyo Spiderman Magic Coloring Book is a fast seller. Magico-Japan (Hitomi) can't seem to keep them in stock.

It really looks like a real Comic Book. Are there any comic book fans out there that can tell us if that is a copy of an actual issue?

Mike H

Post by Mike H » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Being new to Tenyo collecting, I find this interesting. Is it common for them to release tricks throughout the year that are not part of the "T" series? Are these tricks any more or less collectible (or harder to find) than the ones released as part of their yearly collection?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:08 pm

The T-Numbers for the year (usually 4 or 5) are released all at the same time (in the 4th quarter). They are first available in Japan and then in the US in early December.

In the first quarter of the following year, Tenyo will release the +1 Redemption trick, but that is only officially available in Japan with three proof of purchase and shipping cost.

During the year they release other non-T-number magic but it is not officially available here because they are usually Disney/Marvel/Pokemon themed magic and Tenyo only has a license to sell these tricks in Japan. There may be other non-licensed magic but maybe they don't release it here because they do not want to bother making English instructions.

In comes Magico-Japan that offers these items to people outside of Japan on Ebay. Like I said above she makes a lot of money selling these, but I am not complaining because they would be hard to get otherwise. For instance, the Spiderman Magic Comic Book she is selling for $21 probably retails for around $10 in Japan and she probably gets them at wholesale prices. So you can see that there is a very handsome profit margin there. One thing that Magico-Japan offers that other seller like Tokyo Hobby does not is translated instructions. These are a lot of work and part of what you are paying for. Translated instructions for the Spiderman Magic Comic book would not be much but the translated instructions for the 2014 +1 Redemption was 6 full pages.

Another source for the Japanese Only Tenyo is SEO Magic. They too offer translated instructions and they do very good videos as well. Also they bring in a lot of other Japanese Magic and are the exclusive US importer for Shigeru Sugawara's tricks.

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:41 pm

I have just received my copy from Hitomi. It is great quality, and larger than a normal comic book. I will try it this weekend at a gig. I am also thinking of buying the candy coloring book and the mounster's inc. one. I just have to come up with a good patter for it.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:16 am

kellebotond wrote:I have just received my copy from Hitomi. It is great quality, and larger than a normal comic book. I will try it this weekend at a gig. I am also thinking of buying the candy coloring book and the mounster's inc. one. I just have to come up with a good patter for it.
Yes, I just got mine too. I highly recommend it. For some reason only Hitomi has had a limited supply of them. There should be more coming.

The look of this is very good. A nice alternative to all the cute Disney and Pokemon stuff.

The book is much bigger than a standard comic book. The dimensions are the same as A4 paper (8.27 inches x 11.69 inches). The pages are really thick as well as the cover. This should hold up well.

Here are the front and back pictured without the packaging
j-comic-1.jpg
j-comic-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:02 pm

I performed the coloring book on Sunday and the kids loved it. I have a trick about jobs and I usually ask them what they would like to work when they grow up. They usually say things like astronaut, doctor, dancer etc. This time a kid said: When I grow up I would like to be Spider-man. :)

So of course I did the coloring book with his help. They loved it. I think this will replace my generic coloring book for sure. It is much more up to date and interesting than my old one.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Hopefully there will be more Marvel character magic soon. I think it is lame when they just slap the Disney Characters on existing tricks. Hopefully with Marvel they will step it up a notch with tricks like Cubio Spiderman and Tunnel of Darkness where Bruce Banner changes to the Hulk. It could bring new people into the field of magic with the crossover interest from comics and Super Heroes.

The Cubio Spiderman and Tunnel of Darkness with Bruce Banner/Hulk were actually made but I think there were licensing issues and they were never officially released. They were packaged and everything. I have three items from the line but not the best two which were the Spiderman Cubio and the Hulk Tunnel of Darkness. I have the Fantastic Four change box, the Slashing Sentinal which is a version of Credit Slasher and Teleporting Blackbird Jet which seems to work like Astro Coin.

Roberto had the Hulk trick but I think no longer.

marvelmagic1.jpg
marvelmagic2.jpg
mavelmagic3.jpg
marvelmagic4.jpg
marvelmagic5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Aaaghhrrr!!! Have you seen the fly? My inner geek and magician have just been blasted together into a monster! I'd seen Roberto's video before (the hulk is my favourite) but I didn't know there was a whole range. You could have a magneto themed anti gravity rock but it's a hunk of metal instead of a rock. And Gambit!!
I need to lie down
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:14 am

Yes I had the Hulk trick but sold it to a collector from Spain. ........didn't knew the real value of it by that time. ......I have never seen it again on the Web.

Mine was MINT on package. ......

What I didn't liked about it was that you wasn't able to take the figure out of the cage. .......as you can do with the tunnel of darkness. ........Anyway. ......still not a good reason to sell it. ....my mistake. ..... :roll:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 am

Ahh but Roberto you had it long enough to make your video which means all of us got the chance to see it so thank you for sharing, because it's as close as most of us will ever get to one :)
Now you see me...

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:19 am

These are amazing! I have never seen them before.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:18 am

FYI, I don't think these had anything to do with Tenyo. Maybe that is why they never officially came out. I heard there were licensing issues but not sure if it was with Marvel or something else.

I wonder if the Spiderman Squeeze Thru by Angelo Carbone had anything to do with this line of tricks.

Another case to be solved. Botond are you up for this challenge? ;)

I had extra of these that I sold on ebay when I was selling a lot of Tenyo there. They hardly attracted any attention.

The invisible lady appear and disappears but my idea was to not have here disappear but to have that phase show the same graphic printed lightly on clear material. Scan was done, but never got to finishing it. That would be cool.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:50 am

Marvel have lots of wrangles with licensing, which is why Spider-man didn't make a proper cameo in avengers as Sony own Spider-Man. It's all a hot mess. And don't get me started on x men.
If you make the clear Susan storm she should be nude, I think that's accurate to the comics but probably not
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:08 am

I didn't have any Tenyo puzzles in my collection so I just acquired three.

Two were bought from Tokyo Hobby and they are on the really slow delivery boat that is normal from them.

Anyway one of them is the Avengers Movie puzzle. I think it is so cool with faces of the actual actors. A great line-up of good actors at that. Notice though that there is no face for Iron Man. Maybe Robert Downey Jr. wanted too much money. When this comes in I plan to open it and assemble it.

The other two puzzles I got had different themes. One was antique Japanese art. Here is what it looks like.

The other is a Disney Puzzle. Anyone want to guess which Disney puzzle I got?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:39 am

mickeys magic shop?
I saw the Japanese art one I. eBay recently it's really cool.
and kudos on the avengers assemble joke, a lesser man would have let that one slide ;)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 am

SimonC wrote:mickeys magic shop?;)
Definitely that one

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:52 am

SimonC wrote:mickeys magic shop?
I saw the Japanese art one I. eBay recently it's really cool.
and kudos on the avengers assemble joke, a lesser man would have let that one slide ;)
You are correct young men!

Thanks to Victor for bringing it to my attention.

Like Victor says, they have Tenyo boxes on the shelves. The boxes look to be X-Ray File, Blue Crystal and Chinese Linking Rings. On the shelves I can see loose versions of Salt Cups, Sun and Moon Tubes, Pop-Up Card, Enchanted Strings and the Mickey version of Water Suspension. Plus they painted in the Tarbell books and Mickified versions of famous magic posters. Very Cool.

I had to pay a lot for the large version $75 + $15 shipping from Korea. I think this probably sold for around $40 when it first came out. I paid $32 for the large Avengers puzzle from Tokyo Hobby.

The Magic Shop Puzzle is here but I plan not to open an assemble that one.

The micro version seems to still be available for around $20 plus shipping but I think those are billed as the smallest puzzles in the world and I want no part of that.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:54 am

Most welcome John. Congratulation to have that puzzle. Want to see it again appear in planet tenyo;)