trisector works only with dollar bil?

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Michael PL

trisector works only with dollar bil?

Post by Michael PL » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:50 am

Hi, again.

I want to buy the tenyo trisector but i want to ask a question.

Trisector works only with dollar bill?
Is it working with euros?

Thanks!

PeterW

Re: trisector works only with dollar bil?

Post by PeterW » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:16 am

I just received Trisector and it appears to work with any type of bill, it just means you might have to get creative with folding the bill so that it fits into the trisector frame. Tenyo did a fantastic job building Trisector and they include instructions on how to open the effect up so that the purchaser can replace the bill that is comes with to put there own style of bill into it. I have even wondered about creating a paper version of a female assistant that could be inserted into trisector and then cut into three much like the large stage version!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:20 am

we had a thread about that before Peter, mazza tried putting my ex girlfriend Barbara Bones in it but the papers didnt behave quite as you'd hope. I think bills are designed to be more hard-wearing and normal paper doesn't stand up to the gimmick
Now you see me...

Michael PL

Post by Michael PL » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:00 am

Thanks of your answer!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:09 am

SimonC wrote:we had a thread about that before Peter, mazza tried putting my ex girlfriend Barbara Bones in it but the papers didnt behave quite as you'd hope. I think bills are designed to be more hard-wearing and normal paper doesn't stand up to the gimmick
It is under the Focus on Tenyo for Trisector.

As Simon said it did not work out. The main paper came out bent even after one try. It does get bent rather dramatically in the Trisector.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... t=25#p5369

It was a shame that it did not work out. It looked great and when the blade at the top was inserted, the expression on her face changed.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... ctor#p5326

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:34 am

Many thanks for the replies! I guess I would need to find a paper similar to that of a dollar. I purchase my copy used and it came with U.S. Dollars, I will eventually try to change it to my country Canada but I'm curious how well it will work because our bills recently changed to a type of plastic.