Magicians Matchbox Animal

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

Magicians Matchbox Animal

Post by Brett H » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:03 am

I had an idea involving Illusion Truck and Magician's Matchbox, utilizing the Illusion Truck routine found in Tenyoism.

I figure that the end of the trick, instead of just having the lion disappear for good, it instead is turned into a dove or a rabbit. But I have a question regarding this:

Do the animals in Magician's Matchbox fir inside the Illusion Truck?
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Magicians Matchbox Animal

Post by SimonC » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:06 am

great question, you're on to a winner there if the animals can cross over! just by eye is guess the lion is a wee bit too thick but I don't own illusion truck.
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:00 am

I have both tricks, and yes, the animals are interchangeable.

Here is a (bad) picture.
WP_20160302_12_52_01_Pro.jpg
The only issue is, that while the lion is made from hard plastic, the rabbit/dove are from soft plastic, which makes inserting it in the truck a bit harder than the lion. The lion goes smoothly in the truck, the rabbit/dove gives some friction. But this is a minor issue. You can pretty easy insert the rabbit in the truck, but the dove is actually too flat and tends to fall which hinders the movement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:25 am

COOL!
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:44 am

Great Idea! Never thought of using those two together. May be worth getting a duplicate Rabbit...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Rob Rand wrote:I have both tricks, and yes, the animals are interchangeable.

Here is a (bad) picture.
WP_20160302_12_52_01_Pro.jpg
The only issue is, that while the lion is made from hard plastic, the rabbit/dove are from soft plastic, which makes inserting it in the truck a bit harder than the lion. The lion goes smoothly in the truck, the rabbit/dove gives some friction. But this is a minor issue. You can pretty easy insert the rabbit in the truck, but the dove is actually too flat and tends to fall which hinders the movement.
Oh man! This is excellent information! And I'm glad that at least the rabbit works!

The missus was wondering why I almost threw the laptop and I told her what the excitement was about.

Even though I have not put ANY consideration into Magician's Matchbox (can't have matches in a hospital), I now have to get one because of the plastic rabbit.

Considering that it's soft plastic, is there anyways to 'harden up' soft plastic. I don't have the trick as of yet, but it sounds like the animal plastic is porous. Would some sort of clear coat work? OR would that be unecessary?
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:17 pm

the magicians matchbox comes with plastic matches and the strike panel on the side is just a picture of one so its hospital safe. My is one of my all time favourites, it's brilliant
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:31 pm

SimonC wrote:the magicians matchbox comes with plastic matches and the strike panel on the side is just a picture of one so its hospital safe. My is one of my all time favourites, it's brilliant
OH! That is good to know!

I'm sure that even with fake matches, the coordinatior will have quite a fit with anything that resembles matches and a strike panel :)
Where's my colon?!