Cloud Money

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Jason

Cloud Money

Post by Jason » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:13 pm

What's that link to the Tenyo trick Cloud Money that only advertises it for $11.40 plus six dollars shipping? My original post asking about it got deleted or something.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Richard W
Global Moderator

Re: Cloud Money

Post by Richard W » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Jason there was a problem with the servers migrating files and many posts are missing. You will likely need to post again an introduction at the top of this forum in Profiles like you didn't before.

If you are referring to my post about Cloud Money on the wonderful Penguin Magic site here it is again.
But unfortunately you procrastinated buying it when I told you about it while it was on sale for the $14.96 now today I see it back up to the regular $21.00 plus shipping. You would have to check the shipping during checkout it can be $5.99 to $9.99 but that low shipping cost would stay low buying many other items along with it so add to cart anything you might like and see if the shipping goes up.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14324

Amazon has it also for $11.73 with free shipping but may be located in Japan it doesn't say where they are. Usually with something that low and free shipping it is in Japan. If so it will take weeks to get it. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Money-T-24 ... loud+money

There you go.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:55 pm

What do you mean like I didn't before? I did so make an introduction on that forum.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Sorry I meant did before, if you look it is gone so post it again and any other post that you made that are missing to help restore the forum back to the way it was. ;)
Last edited by Richard W on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:07 am

Tokyo Hobby (eBay) also sells it in the $11 range.

Although, while cheaper, it takes longer for stuff from Tokyo Hobby to arrive.

Magico Japan is a little bit more expensive, but the shipping is faster AND they provide English instructions for older Tenyo (because you get the code for Enhlish instructions with Tenyo 2015 and newer).

That said, both shops have SEVERAL Tenyo that the other doesn't have.
From what I have noticed, Magico sells the +1/'redemption' tricks and several non-T-numbered Tenyo and some harder to find T-numbered Tenyo. Tokyo Hobby has quite an array of T-numbered Tenyo, but mostly the common ones.

Also. Tokyo Hobby has a website (http://www.plazajapan.com) where you can find MOST Tenyo cheaper than their EBay store (sorry, Cloud Money is the same price on both sites).

I hope this helps!
Where's my colon?!

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Does Tokyo Hobby offer instructional DVD's like that link that Richard gave me did? If so, I could just watch how they're making a trick work and figure it out.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 pm

I think when you find out how cloud money works you will be disappointed. It isn't a very good trick says many reviews when it came out. I don't have it to know for sure.

If you want to make something appear to float from your hands get a empty soda can and some very sticky scotch tape make a small loop that will fit your thumb tip snugly or better yet double side tape so it doesn't slip on your thumb and stick it to the back of the can mid height then slowly let go of the can with hand cupped around it it looks very good in the mirror try it. Move your thumb around a little, tilt left and right, move hands up and down great effect and it's free just the way you like. :D

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:45 am

Richard W wrote:I think when you find out how cloud money works you will be disappointed. It isn't a very good trick says many reviews when it came out. I don't have it to know for sure.

If you want to make something appear to float from your hands get a empty soda can and some very sticky scotch tape make a small loop that will fit your thumb tip snugly or better yet double side tape so it doesn't slip on your thumb and stick it to the back of the can mid height then slowly let go of the can with hand cupped around it it looks very good in the mirror try it. Move your thumb around a little, tilt left and right, move hands up and down great effect and it's free just the way you like. :D
IIRC, 'Cloud Money' was the big selling Tenyo that year. But then again, there is a HUGE disparity between the massive laymen market in Japan and the (mostly) collector-centric market everywhere else outside of Japan.

I will say this, I have 'Cloud Money'. It's definitely and interesting take on the 'levitating bill'. However, like Loops, 'Cloud Money' certainly has its own weaknesses.

The biggest problem, I think, with levitation tricks is the constant need to 'belly up to the bar'.

'Levitating Card'. For example. One might make the card just levitate.
Okay.
Then you have it move up and down.
Okay.
Then you have it spin around your body.

At some point, you do enough antics and people will start treating it like a puzzle and trying to figure it out. No mas.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 am

I don't like Cloud Money one bit. Never performed it and never will. For some it might be a good trick, and if performed fluently and convincive for people who are standing BEFORE you it might create a cool illusion, but it just isn't my cup of tea.
I'd save my money for another trick.

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:37 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:I don't like Cloud Money one bit. Never performed it and never will. For some it might be a good trick, and if performed fluently and convincive for people who are standing BEFORE you it might create a cool illusion, but it just isn't my cup of tea.
If you own the trick and that's the way you feel, I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you. I did find one floating trick that was pretty neat and easy to do. It was where you make a crumpled up piece of paper float. It was taught online by Kevin Ni.
God bless, Jason Irelan

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:18 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:I don't like Cloud Money one bit. Never performed it and never will. For some it might be a good trick, and if performed fluently and convincive for people who are standing BEFORE you it might create a cool illusion, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

I agree. I think it's actually one of the worst Tenyo's. I don't think this would fool anyone. And I say that in the nicest way possible.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:26 am

Jason wrote:If you own the trick and that's the way you feel, I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you. I did find one floating trick that was pretty neat and easy to do. It was where you make a crumpled up piece of paper float. It was taught online by Kevin Ni.
God bless, Jason Irelan
As a collector I like to have all the tricks, even the ones that I never perform (90% of my collection actually :? ;) ).
Seriously, you'll probably feel dissapointed when you would buy it, trust me ... . If you're not not a real 'collector' of Tenyo this is one to skip Jason.

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:14 pm

I can't imagine it being worse than Ghost Pet. Sure that trick can fool people if you do it right, but it's a pain in the butt to get it set up. Flying Carpet doesn't sound all that convincing a trick either. I was a little disappointed with Antigravity Rock, but I still did it for a few people and had a little fun with it. I learned a cool new card force yesterday. It's the Henry Christ card force that's very easy to do. What about Card Float? Is that a good trick? I saw a magician on Masters of Illusion do a trick where he'd borrow a coin from someone in the audience and make it float. Would the video showing how it's done be expensive? It doesn't require thread, does it? As for the Henry Christ card force, if nobody wants to trade magic for it, would anyone want to pay me anything for the secret? I wouldn't give it away on the board of course, but I would send a PM explaining how to do it. It's better than the cross cut force.
God bless, Jason Irelan

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:00 am

Cloud Money: several members told you they thought it is not a good trick, but it seems you are not convinced, so be it. You should buy it and decide for yourself in that case. Members have given you several links to where you can buy it very cheap.
Ghost Pet: a clever and well made adaptation of the classic matchbox trick with a GREAT extra built into the box. The setup is a bit of a challenge but becomes second nature with practice I'm sure.
Flying Carpet: this IS convincing, trust me. Not your regular magic trick, just a very cool 3D illusion!
Antigravity Rock: the genius Lubor Feedler at work. Not something used in professional performances of course, but like many Tenyo a very original and cool little effect.
The Floating Card by Angelo Carbone (if that's the trick you're mentioning) is good, but not a favourite of mine.

You're fishing for the secret of the floating coin, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm pretty sure it uses invisible thread.

We have a very, VERY good, kind and especially liberal atmosphere here on the forum and once you have enough posts you'll gain acces to the Members Only section. And no, this is NOT a section to debate all kinds of secrets and revealing tricks you have, however once in a while we share thoughts about routines and tricks some of us have or ask questions about an effect we want to purchase. There are members who publically share the workings of old tricks they want to recreate too and are looking for advice. The kind members of this forum share their thoughts publically or in a pm if needed. These tricks are often disconinued or out of stock and won't be produced again, ever.

This is the second or third time you want to SELL a card trick/force. A force that has been written about in books and is available on many DVD's about card forces. The Henry Christ card force is basically the well known Cut Deaper force (this one was based on the Christ force) with a gimmicked card if I am correct.
I don't like it that you try to SELL this. Did you pay for it? Or did you find it for free and now want to sell it and make profit?
I completely understand you have a very tight budget like most of us do, but SELLING stuff like card forces you learned is not the way to go in my opinion Jason.
Don't get me wrong, no one is 'forbidding' you to sell card forces, but I'm pretty confident you won't have any succes with selling them.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:54 am

Nicely said David ;)

Hi Jason,

I am not trying to give some advice but rather share my experience. Hope you don`t mind. I started my magic experience with a very tight budget, well I was 13 years old and imagine what can the 13 years old boy can do ? Almost nothing. But I didn`t give up. All I can do to save my pocket money and buy prop that I really like and it took a lots of patience because magic prop was very2 expensive. I started my magic experience also by reading books in the book store (yes I stole the ideas but not the book :)) and making my own props after reading the book and I was lucky enough to bought some materials with my own money. Thank`s God that I still had an ability to measure, design, cut and paste things and create my own magic props and I`m really proud about it. Even I make my own show at school with the props. It was not really in a good shape but it worked :) It was really tough at my time.

We are now quite lucky nowadays, the internet is now online around the world and there are tons of source to learn magic so you are luckier than me. I believe there should be public library in town where you can search magic books to learn all the basic. Believe me, as an amateur, It is really fun to explore it. It will built your interest. Magic is not about buying things, although sometimes we are trap in it. But magic is about performing and the magic is in you. You create your own magic ! The basic will give us inspiration to develop our own routine and there is no limit for that.

Jason, I wish you a very good luck and fun and I believe your will find your own way to explore magic.

;)
Vic

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:30 pm

I have checked out books from the library. That's how I learned the Henry Christ Force, and no the book didn't say you'd need a gimmicked card. You can do it with any deck of cards. I knew Flying Carpet required fancy 3D glasses, which is why I didn't think it was a good trick. If it could be performed in front of everyone with no glasses, then I'd say it's a good trick. Actually, this is the first time I've tried to sell card magic tricks. The last time I tried to trade.
God bless, Jason Irelan

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:15 pm

My mistake, the last time was indeed the secret of a card trick for an actual magic trick by Tenyo.

I've searched a bit on the Christ force and I can't find any info that is 100% trustworthy. Most websites/fora/opinions/... say it uses a force card, some say it is the Cut Deaper Force but an advanced version. I took my '40 ways to force a card' DVD, bought at Penguin when my interest in magic began, and watched it, I believe it is what is described as ' Ed Balducci's Cut Deeper Force' what you (or the book) is mistaking for the Christ Force.
But, I could be wrong.

Nonetheless, you learned the force at the library (best way to start learing btw). Now you are selling something that is available for free. You can try that, but you won't have succes. And that's all I was trying to say in my last post.

Search, search, search for (valuable) magic. Visit websites, call stores, watch auction sites. Do this regularly/daily. Even if a store doesn't have an item on their website, still give them a call, chances are they DO have it since most stores do not put everything on their website they have 8-)

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Well I didn't learn the trick for free where a spectator touches the back of any card they want and writes that one and four cards below it while you're not looking, inserts the cards anywhere in the center of the deck they want; and you can find the five cards after putting the deck in your pocket. The beauty is, the spectator doesn't have to put the cards all in the same space and can disperse them throughout the deck.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:19 am

I'm on a tight budget as well. It would benefit you greatly to, once you find a Tenyo you like, watch videos on that Tenyo on YouTube and analyze and try to figure out how it's done and try and pick up on possible 'weak points'.

I try and give Tenyo tricks the 'tattoo rule': once you like something, keep it in the back it ER for a while. After a certain amount of time (totally up to you on this one), if it still sounds like a good idea, go for it!

I'll ask you this, Jason. How are you approaching Tenyo? From a collector standpoint? Intend to perform for friends and family? Actually utilize Tenyo in a magic performance?

As someone who has spent more time on Planet Tenyo than I'd like to admit, I believe there is a great variance in what to get in all 3 answers (except the collector part...which, like Pokemon, got to catch them all...er, MOST...can't get every Tenyo, but most is a more attainable goal).
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:51 am

I didn't read all this so not sure what is going on exactly but I have Cloud Money for sale on my website.

I like the trick. It is fun to play with. I also like Ballerina Hanky for the same reason. I have that one for sale too.

Jason if you want paypal/mail $10 and I will ship you either trick or both for $20.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:11 am

that is a bargain Jason, snap it up
Now you see me...

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:16 pm

I just like to find out how they're done basically. I suspect Ballerina Hank might work the same was as Ghost Pet; but whether it does or not, I can only offer to give out card trick secrets because I have no job and can't afford bargains. For anyone who says they like to collect all Tenyo tricks, my only question would be whether that would include ones that are easy to guess the secrets of without even seeing them performed. I saw Card Surgery done in a video, which was very impressive. There was also one I just plain don't get what the effect is that has to do with sushi pictures.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:37 am

Jason wrote:I just like to find out how they're done basically. I suspect Ballerina Hank might work the same was as Ghost Pet; but whether it does or not, I can only offer to give out card trick secrets because I have no job and can't afford bargains. For anyone who says they like to collect all Tenyo tricks, my only question would be whether that would include ones that are easy to guess the secrets of without even seeing them performed. I saw Card Surgery done in a video, which was very impressive. There was also one I just plain don't get what the effect is that has to do with sushi pictures.
God bless, Jason Irelan
Honestly, I collect the Tenyo that I see that have performance value to them. I have only been able to figure out a small handful of Tenyo originals. But then again, I watch the youtube performances of a bunch of Tenyo just to see if I could utilize them the way I would like to.

I remember figuring out 'Undercover Cube' and still buying it. I can't remember the second one, but I got it as well.

And the trick you're thinking of is 'Magical Sushi'. That's a good one.
Where's my colon?!

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:59 pm

I can't even figure out what Magical Sushi is supposed to do to fool people.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:08 pm

There's 3 presentations to do:

-card prediction
- a second card prediction in which they select 2 sushi and you predict them
- you make a circle of 7 sushi cards and have them pick a random number. You go around the circle. Each time you stop in a card, it's eliminated. You keep going until the last card is their chosen card.
Where's my colon?!