Pendant.

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Peter G
Charter Member

Pendant.

Post by Peter G » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 am

Hi Guys,

This weekend I could find a Tenyo Pendant. It's in very good condition, but without the envelope. Does enyone know if that envelope is easy to make? What is so special about it?

Thanks!

Peter

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Pendant.

Post by JohnM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Just a manilla envelope. No gimmick. You can perform it in your front shirt pocket which I think is better.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Actually, if I remember correctly there was a divider in the envelope which sort of split the envelope into two compartments That way you were able to show the envelope empty at the end of the trick.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Before posting I checked the envelope, looking for a double pocket but did not see one. I just checked the instructions and Elliot is correct, it says "a trick (double) envelope."

I just checked the envelope again and it does have a very well hidden gimmick.

Peter G
Charter Member

Post by Peter G » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:07 am

mmm....I was afraid of that....
Is it possible to make by yourself?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:08 am

Sure it is Peter. I believe a shop like AVA in Belgium should have these kind of envelopes or paper. There are also several internet shops that sell brown envelopes, I'm sure you'll find something similar. I don't have the trick with me but perhaps someone can give you the dimensions of the envelope and/or the gimmick flap (which basically is just another piece of envelope ...). If you can't get a hold of the dimensions let me know.
I also remember Pendant Mickey still being for sale some time ago which I actually prefer over Pendant because the medaillon (Mickey) is smaller and therefore easier to 'handle'.

Peter G
Charter Member

Post by Peter G » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input! As I could understand the point is to make a gimmicked enevelope with some part that coneals the pendant quickly...
I'll try to make it!

Thanks for the great help!

Peter

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:24 pm

The dimensions for the Pendant envelope are 3.875" wide by 6.625" long with a flap of .75"
IMG_0827.jpg
The construction is amazing as with all Tenyo items. It is very, very hard to see how it is made. I think you could hand out the envelope with nothing in it and it would pass most inspections.

The Pendants are very similar to the coin that Tenyo put out. The face is almost the same but the coin has a date of 1975 on the top. The back of the Pendant is blank where the Tenyo back has a design with a crown, and the Tenyo puzzle logo. The coins have reeded edges like a real coin and the finish is maybe a nickel platting where the Pendant has a chrome finish.
IMG_0830.JPG
On the Tenyo Website I talk about using the Pendant routine but not with the Pendants but two Keys from Magical Door. You need to have two Magical Door keys or you can buy two identical skeleton keys on ebay. This would be a killer lead in to Magical door. You can see it here under Combining Tenyo Magic Tricks into One Routine http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/performin ... -routines/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter G
Charter Member

Post by Peter G » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks John!

Great idea by the way!