FIRST GLANCE AT 2014 TENYO MAGIC TRICKS

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: FIRST GLANCE AT 2014 TENYO MAGIC TRICKS

Post by SimonC » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:22 pm

wow, $65 is a bargain! if that's the case ill put this out there as the UK is a but slacker on tenyo. if any of you guys can get a full set, I will trade it (happily) for
planetary sticks
AND Rosetta stones
AND ghost puzzle
if you like the sound of that let me know and we can virtually shake on it. I only have one GP left so the offer may be subject to change within the next few days. ;)
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:59 pm

It would be $65 when ordered from Japan. Buying it in the US would of course cost more of course.
You can probably get it shipped from Japan to the UK for around the same or a little more.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 am

Check here an interesting use of the Tenyo 4D Printer (hand made versión):

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 am

Magico Japan told me she will probably have her stock this week. I don't know she can compete with Seo Magic's reduced pre-order prices however, but I'm going to order from her anyway because I have less chance to pay custom taxes when I order from Japan in stead of ordering from the U.S.A. .
As always Hitomi's tricks will be my 'perform and play' tricks. I also ordered from Magic Shop in Holland who also have very good prices and will have the original English instructions attached to them.

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Magico Japan told me she will probably have her stock this week.
Finally!

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 am

David DeTenyo wrote:I don't know she can compete with Seo Magic's reduced pre-order prices however, but I'm going to order from her anyway because I have less chance to pay custom taxes when I order from Japan in stead of ordering from the U.S.A. .
I think that's because Magico-Japan labels the merchandise on the Customs form as gifts and not purchases. Something Seo Magic won't or can't do. Probably because they're an official company or something like that.

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:13 am

My favorite part of getting a new Tenyo effect is when you open it up only to discover that all your speculations on the working of the effect over the past month or two are totally off and this effect works in a totally different way. Typical Tenyo! I just love it when that happens!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Just bought my MRI and ghost card! Hitomi has them up now...
Now you see me...

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 pm

For U.S. Citizens who don't want to wait for delivery from Japan. SEO Magic has all of them except Money Shock for almost the same price. Ghost Card & MRI are $2 more each.

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:42 am

Anyone got any information on how if possible to covert Shock Money to accommodate U.S. Currency?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 am

I just got the blue box from Magico Japan. There should be an explanation of how to convert the Yen to another bill too.
Expect my reviews of all the items soon!
Now off to unpacking them!

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks.

I guess that means Euro isn't a problem either. That should be a relief for you.

Peter G
Charter Member

Post by Peter G » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Great! I look forward to that !

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:17 pm

David, is Shock Money similar to Richard sanders' Extreme Burn 2.0 ?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 am

Izzy, I don't own Extreme Burn so I can't compare. I'll look at a video of it and try to figure out if it works the same way ... .

First thoughts of the tricks, but I only opened them, looked at them and read the instructions!
- MRI: best tricks in years - extremely smart gimmick, impossible to figure out and examinable (it has a locking feature - YES :) ). I tried and looked at the thing for 10 minutes and had to take the instructions to figure out where the 'peek' is - love that :)
- Ghost card: delicate gimmick, clever, not my favourite. Needs some practice to do smooth.
- 4D Printer: made from thick paper. Clever construction, more complicated as I thought it would be.
- Money Shock: needs some work to adjust the gimmick to Euro's (10 EURO bill). If you buy the Japanese version and you use USD buy the 10000 YEN version, for 10 EURO you need the 1000 Yen version. It looks promising and easy to do.

Overall, I'm happy! I'll have time this evening and tommorow to play with the tricks and perhaps perform one or two of them (MRI and 4D Printer since they require no real practice) for the first time to the wife, a tough audience trust me.

magicogreg

Post by magicogreg » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:57 am

In Italy the new Tenyo products will only be available in early December 2013! I can not wait to have them in my hands!

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 am

Well, why don't you just buy it from Magico-Japan on ebay? Her prices are one of the best!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:05 am

My reviews are on my website: http://www.tenyo.be/index.html

A good year it is :)

magicogreg

Post by magicogreg » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:32 am

Thank you, David, for your detailed review! ;)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Hocus Pocus has put up what looks like the official Tenyo videos:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/ma ... hoice=0271

They also state that Money Shock comes with gimmicks for both US $10 bills and 10 Euro notes.

Peter G
Charter Member

Post by Peter G » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks David, I've ordered mine after your review!

Tenyofun

Post by Tenyofun » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:50 pm

I received my Tenyo items this week. MRI is outstanding. This is one of my favourite Tenyo items ever. I use extra dice (from Tower of Dice) to make a double prediction, as suggested in the instructions, but I prefer the mirror reveal as opposed to a paper prediction. The odds of predicting 2 dice are much more impressive than the one in six on for one die.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:52 am

Elliot W. wrote:Hocus Pocus has put up what looks like the official Tenyo videos:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/ma ... hoice=0271

They also state that Money Shock comes with gimmicks for both US $10 bills and 10 Euro notes.
That would be great! Customizing the gimmick isn't that hard I believe but it would be better if you could use Tenyo's premade version.
However I don't know why tenyo decided to use the 10 EURO bill - it is rather small and therefore the gimmick might be noticed easier. A 20 EURO bill would have been better I think, but OK, I'm happy if Tenyo finally decides to make a EURO-version of their money tricks :)
Also, once you know the secret it is possible to make your own gimmick for any currency - just use the 'things' from the original gimmick and use them in your new version, or buy the necessary 'things' - they are easy to find and perhaps some micht even work better than the ones Tenyo used.

By the way that is one excellent offer from Hocus Pocus - free shipping worldwide is very nice indeed! Now if they could label the customs form for 25 USD as Magico Japan does for example would even make it better but I doubt that.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 am

Spent yesterday playing with MRI and ghost cards. I opened GC and had the 'ahhhhh' moment, I'm a big fan of lubor fiedlers work and was not disappointed. A bit of practice required but a great concept. I cut an oval out of a duplicate king of clubs and hid it in my mouth so once the cards are 'in' you open your mouth and it looks like theyve penetrated your cheek.
MRI I opened, not sure what the guy in he up boxing video was looking at when he opened his but there's nothing that instant to find. Like David, I avoided the instructions at first and inspected it as a layman. Very clever gimmick, and a great concept. It's the trick X-ray file never quite was.
I'm ordering 4d printer today, giving money shock a miss for now, especially as there's no info about using the coin of the realm yet ;)
Si
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 am

Check this pocket version of the 4D Printer: