Tenyo Elite Closes

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
KirkW

Tenyo Elite Closes

Post by KirkW » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:27 pm

1F37B036-FC74-4CE8-8F7B-B7178DB5B4C0.jpeg
So Tenyo Elite is no more.
This really doesn’t surprise me as it seemed getting anything released was not an easy task for the company.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Re: Tenyo Elite Closes

Post by Richard W » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:01 am

Tenyo Elite has been nothing but a diaster since it's concept. The idea was spectacular. If Tenyo would have gotten someone besides Moe, Larry, & Curly to take on the project it would have be a wonderful thing. Surprised it lasted this long. I never bought a single item they made for many reasons. Tenyo didn't help by constantly micro managing it to be as difficult as possible to allow them to make anything. ;)
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:56 am

I don't think this is a big surprise. It was seemingly never run as a proper business, they didn't listen to their customer base, and the quality of some of the items were disappointing. People wanted Crystal Cleaver, what we got in return was Match Sticks. I had to return my Match Sticks due to quality issues.

I agree with Richard that the idea was spectacular and had so much potential, it was just poorly executed in this case.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:41 am

I just noticed on TMC Peter Loughran posted a reply to those that were talking about Tenyo Elite closing. It has been 12 years they were in business were does the time go. For them to be in business that long with so few releases says something. He did post a good back story of how and why it has ended you might like to check it out if you haven't.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/vie ... &forum=259

I never bought anything from them but kinda wish I would have bought the wood Ultra Tube liked to have also got a wood Moon Spinner. Didn't like the construction of Zig Zag Cig or would have thought hard on one of those too.

Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"