Booooooooooored!

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Booooooooooored!

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:02 am

Anyone got a pic of bioshock ("under the skirt")? Waiting for payday and I'm soooo bored! Need a project to tinker with, was going to try and make a mock up to keep me ticking til I find a real one.
I'm working on a Souped up coin through match but I'm away from my laser cutter for the next week, lots of poorly cut bits of card flying around my living room.
Help!
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Booooooooooored!

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:55 pm

:) Verveling is diep en mysterieus (Erik Satie). Translated: boredom is deep and mysterious.

I am not bored but frustrated because I ordered a couple of items at Stolina, received them today, and 1 item was not available anymore. A trick called Durchbrenner: a beautiful leather wallet, well wallet, something you can open like a book. In the middle on both sides a beautiful hole. When you open it, you can put a bill on the left (there is on both sides a something so that it keeps in place) and a paper on the right, you close the wallet. And then you pull or a cigarette (this is not done anymore of course :cry:) or a pencil. Then you open it, the paper is penetrated, the bill not. Of course this is an old effect, but this was beautifully made of leather. Help! Can anybody tell me the ecret of this trick :P So that I can make this thing myself?

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Rob Rand wrote::) Verveling is diep en mysterieus (Erik Satie). Translated: boredom is deep and mysterious.

I am not bored but frustrated because I ordered a couple of items at Stolina, received them today, and 1 item was not available anymore. A trick called Durchbrenner: a beautiful leather wallet, well wallet, something you can open like a book. In the middle on both sides a beautiful hole. When you open it, you can put a bill on the left (there is on both sides a something so that it keeps in place) and a paper on the right, you close the wallet. And then you pull or a cigarette (this is not done anymore of course :cry:) or a pencil. Then you open it, the paper is penetrated, the bill not. Of course this is an old effect, but this was beautifully made of leather. Help! Can anybody tell me the ecret of this trick :P So that I can make this thing myself?
You can find one of these on Tony Reisner shop.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Wow Roberto, thank you soooo much!!! I didn't know this shop, I found the item.... Thanks, you make my day!

And there are a lot more interesting items too!

Maybe I'll have to thank Simon too, he led me from boooored to frustraaated :-)

So, both thank you! But especially Roberto ;-)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Glad I helped you find something to do. I'm still bored tho, any thoughts?
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Take a drink.... and another one.... and another one.... At a certain momentum, you will not be bored anymore, you even won't know if you actually exis...

t....

Just want to say that Bioshock must be the most boring trick ever invented...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:57 pm

It looks like it'd be easy to make one, am I right in thinking it's no more than a bit of plastic under a piece of cloth? The drinks a given ;)
Here's what I've been working on today, CTM with a twist :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 pm

This was my first CTM lasercut in acrylic. This is just a straight up CTM, I'm hoping to combine the look of this with the function of the other
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:20 am

Bioshock is a bit more then just a piece of plastic with a cloth ;) The card is pretty special because it bends and is elastic. The case is constructed in such a way that when you perform the trick correctly (which takes practice) it really looks like you cut off your fingers! Look here and watch it to the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6qGL2-HRPY

Your ecreation looks beautifull as always Simon! I prefer the brown/white color though, makes it seem 'old'. Very curious about what your 'twist' is :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:57 am

Thanks David, I like the 'antiqued' version too, just need to get it to the thickness of the 'blueprint' version. It's just a case of finding the right materials.
I kind of have an idea about bioshock, I guessed the card was similar to illusionarium and puzzling queen stock, and there's an eBay auction at the moment where the photo gives away a little what the shape under the cloth may be. (This is how sad I am, trawling the internet for clues ;)
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:52 pm

SimonC wrote:It looks like it'd be easy to make one, am I right in thinking it's no more than a bit of plastic under a piece of cloth? The drinks a given ;)
Here's what I've been working on today, CTM with a twist :)
WOW...the design is beautifull!!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Yes, the design is beautiful, but I watched the video of Jenzo Harmonics, and the thing is so wide that you tend to think the coin is sliding left or right off the match. On the other hand, the routine with the coin suddenly being turned after the 3d throw (is that good English? is warp better?) is pretty surprising.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Ahh dam I was meant to take that video down! I'm rerecording it tonight as I was filming from an iPhone balanced on a Pringles can...
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Rob Rand sees everything .... I tend to think I am actually the Creator of the Universe...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:51 pm

If that's true, then I created all the Tenyotricks...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:55 pm

good work :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Roberto B. wrote:
Rob Rand wrote::) Verveling is diep en mysterieus (Erik Satie). Translated: boredom is deep and mysterious.

You can find one of these on Tony Reisner shop.
Roberto, thanks again! I emailed Tony, and ordered the Fire Proof. He is happy to send it to me, and of course I paid him. Without your help I would have never found this on the internet! Gracias!!!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:16 am

You're welcome....Tony is a great guy to deal with.

Please let me know your review about the trick......I have been always intrigued by it.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm

OK Roberto, so you don't own Fire Proof yourself! But it must be into your interest field for sure!
Tomorrow he will send it to me, will let you know about it when I recieve it!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Hey this Boooooored topic becomes more and more interesting? By the way, maybe we should rename 'Board index' into 'Bored index' :lol:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Can I be chairman of the bored?
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm

OK Simon, you the Chairman of the Boooored, and I remain of course Creator of the Universe! There must be a difference you know! ;-)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:51 am

This is an old subject, but here is a nice picture:
FB_IMG_1425307180987.jpg

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:16 pm

ha! that's where I've just spent the last hour. home again now. wasn't there an iggy pop song "I'm bored. I'm the chairman of the bored."
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:32 pm

bored.jpg