Magic Cabinet

Post in this area pictures of Tenyo or your collection, links to Tenyo videos, creative Tenyo pictures you have created and other such things.
VictorS

Re: Magic Cabinet

Post by VictorS » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:57 am

Wow....the key to the treasure......:)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:28 am

had a big clear out today and finally got the bottom half sorted out for non tenyo items. it's good for the soul to have a sort out.
Top right is reserved for Jenzo Harmonics stuff, I found a few bits just incase anyone is up for some trading/buying, I'll put up a list
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:38 am

I have 1...
block buster
moon catcher
planetary sticks
Rosetta stones
sakakku scale

I also have one wooden puzzle lock, one impossible puzzle and the 'mozart trick' victor inspired me to make.
the last three if put a pic of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:26 pm

What a great achievement Simon....maintenance, control and storage system are important for collectors ;)

I see 1 strange thing at your collection, do i see a half Tenyo Quicksilver ? Or it is just an optical illusion :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Ahh that's my quicksilver package, the trick is in the cabinet ready for me to use. I only plan on displaying four in that way, the four 1983 tricks (my birth year) so I'm half way there :)
I collect all my packages I just have them safe elsewhere. They're a good record of graphic design from the 70s to the 90s.
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Oops... Looks great Simon, reminds me of of the mess on my table, must clean up now!
_20140802_220617.JPG

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:14 pm

that's a magicians desk if ever I saw one :) kudos on the transformers too, I'll have to photograph my collection one day, I repaint them, not total respray a but I artwork them to bring out all the detail and make them a bit grittier. I'll grow up one day
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Yes Simon, I am always surprised by the high quality of Transformers: the precision, the details, the perfect fitting... But I only have a few, to get inspired and play with. I also have 3 great looking Transformer Starwars ones. I have a slight preference for the one step models, they are made very clever. Very nice that you repaint them, to give them a more rude look I suppose.
Ps please never ever grow up. I have never succeeded in doing that anyway ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:41 pm

OK that was off-topic, Transformers is an other forum.

I really must soon remove all my Tenyos from my 3 drawers and find a place to put them neatly. Then I want to play with them and make videos, to begin with my oldest one, Arabian cards, which is however not yet a real original Tenyo invention. When I keep them in the drawers, I can better stop joining this forum :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:53 pm

I still have my G1 Transformers collection from when I was a kid. Unfortunately most of them are missing various limbs. The result of many Decepticon/Autobot battles. How was I supposed to know that keeping them in the package and not playing with them would have made a lot more financial sense. :)
Looking back I think that was the first thing I started collecting...

Sorry. That Transformers talk got me nostalgic. Now back to Tenyo again....

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:04 am

Here's to never growing up...
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:05 am

This is my New Year's Eve costume from a couple of years back, I could rest my drink on my shoulders and we shot rockets out of my exhaust pipes :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:59 am

:lol:

My cabinets should be ready in a week or two. I'll upload some pictures or make a small video of my magic room then.

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:43 am

Rob Rand wrote:Oops... Looks great Simon, reminds me of of the mess on my table, must clean up now!
_20140802_220617.JPG
Now i knew why you have this mess on your table...because of your Rising Tube :)
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:45 am

Jaime C. wrote: Now i knew why you have this mess on your table...because of your Rising Tube :)
Keep it clean guys this is a family forum ;)
Now you see me...

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:43 pm

If I ever want to display my tenyo this cabinet is just right!!!!
But so far I have not found a cabinet that will not only fit all my tenyo, but has the sides like Simons does to put props that need something to lean on to look nice (like unusual suspect magical painting etc et)
I have been on the look out lately but so far nothing.
I even went to good old ikea but their designs are not good for displaying magic:(
Even though I had made custom insert cases for my tenyo, my dream is to be able to display them like simon does. I come here time to time to admire it! Good work!!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Wow thanks Shan :) I spend a lot of time pottering in my magic cabinet. I need to instal a drawer underneath it as its getting a little full underneath (I keep the top half just for Tenyo so the rest is a bit of a squeeze. Actually that reminds me I need to make some space :)
The thing to look for Shan is a cocktail cabinet, that's what mine was. They are usually mirrored inside with a light. There's one in the antique store on my road but i dont think it would fit in the postbox ;)
My advice is search on eBay for cocktail cabinets. I caertainlynlike having all my Tenyo's on display, it's like I have my own magic shop :) Good luck!
Now you see me...

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Oh my if I were to get it on eBay it would probably be very expensive!!
But thanks simon for sure I will look for cocktail cabinet!
And what will you do when you acquire more tenyos and with new ones coming out every year?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Good question. I'm adding another glass shelf soon so I'll be able to fit at least two more years worth on there. Then who knows?!
Somewhere out there, in an old shop, is your magic cabinet waiting for you. You just have to find it and give it a home :)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:04 pm

it's been a busy 6months at JHHQ and I've just got around to sorting out my magic cabinet again. I've added a few new Tenyos to the top section and some very special tricks to the lower one too :) I've also now got a 'magic corner' to practice and ponder in my granddads old chair. slowly I will take over the entire living room ;)
How is everyone else getting on with their collections? I think we have a mix of displayers and storers, I'm somewhere in the middle. Still a long way off tenyo zen (zenyo), I think john's the only person who's reached that stage. I hope you are all having a magical weekend :)
Now you see me...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Looks great, Simon. Do you play the accordion?

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:01 am

Excellent Simon! When I get a chance I will post a pic of my puzzle collection cabinet!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:17 am

now that I look forward to!
I don't play the accordion sadly Jimmy no! I bought it for 20 quid in a junk shop with the intention of learning but it needs some repairs to a couple of keys, if you press them in the middle of a song it sounds like a dog horn just went off. I've grown very attached to it though. I can play the guitar and sort of play the piano so I should really be able to play it. I'll take it down today and bemuse the mystic ruby with it :)
Now you see me...

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am

Well here's my puzzle cabinet. Not nearly as neat as your magic cabinet Simon :D Funny thing is I think I need a bigger puzzle cabinet as those aren't all my puzzles and puzzle boxes ;) One day I hope to make a bigger cabinet or buy one and reuse this cabinet to display my magic effects.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:16 am

WOW!! what I would give to work my way through that cabinet, that's a phenomenal collection :)
my cabinet is an old cocktail cabinet which is mirrored on the inside, if you can find one they're great.
do you have a YouTube channel? you could add vids of your best ones. actually thinking about it you can't because you'd give away the solutions!
amazing collection :)
Now you see me...