Tenyo in the Movies

Post in this area pictures of Tenyo or your collection, links to Tenyo videos, creative Tenyo pictures you have created and other such things.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Tenyo in the Movies

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:52 am

Great work guys!

Does anyone know in very rare occasions Tenyo tricks WERE performed in movies? Look at 0:38:45 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BvHG2q6PJk. Tell me what trick the boy performs 8-)

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Re: Tenyo at the movies

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:49 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Great work guys!

Does anyone know in very rare occasions Tenyo tricks WERE performed in movies? Look at 0:38:45 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BvHG2q6PJk. Tell me what trick the boy performs 8-)
Great find Killer......the new contest this weekend is going to be related to this......

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Tenyo in the Movies

Post by JohnM » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Great Find David.

Can anyone find more?

The prop department got a hold of what is obviously a Tenyo See Through Guillotine and modified it for and even better result.

For sure they cut out the plastic on the bottom so a carrot could be inserted as well as a finger. I would assume they also sharpened the blade so that it could cut a carrot (see David's Profile on See Through Guillotine not working with a carrot). The may have also done a little work on the carrot so it would cut easily.

The trick worked great because when it cut through and the pieces flew around it was hard to tell if it was carrot or finger pieces flying around.

In this snapshot you can see that they opened the See Through Guillotine and then used two rather large screws to reassemble it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.