Three tricks from Forum Novelties Inc.

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
FredA

Three tricks from Forum Novelties Inc.

Post by FredA » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 am

Today I visited Buttericks (celebrating 101 years this years, specilizing in practical jokes, party costumes and humours gifts) in Stockholm and I noticed they had a whole stand with cheap, plastic stuff from Forum Novelties Inc. I decided to buy three of them, just to have something to toy with - and they weren't that bad actually.

Magic Card Illusion - this is of course a version of the Zig Zag Card, and this version is actually one of my favorites even if the frame isn't that logical and well, it might not be so convincing after all. But because I owned a very similar version (maybe from the same manufacturer in China, because it's eerily simiar!) it feels good to own it again.

Prediction Necklace - better than I thought it would be. The spectator chooses from four plastic hearts and you open the box and there's a chain there with the same color as the heart of their choice. Simple solution (I was of course hoping for a state-of-the-art Tenyo-esque invention..but no). I might even try to perform this sooner or later.

Magic Gems - Not bad, but nothing special. The spectator chooses a color and all the stones changes into that color.

I guess Prediction Necklace is out there in a nicer, more expensive version? Or am I wrong?

Here's their e-store, selling only to stores I guess: http://www.forumnovelties.com/products. ... G=MAGIC&T=

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Three tricks from Forum Novelties Inc.

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Buttericks is an amazing name for a practical joke manufacturer. What I really like about these tricks is that they make the secret look like an important and exciting part of the trick by using the little scroll graphic. A lot of the time we're paying a lot of the cost of a trick for the secret itself. I think the necklace one looks good
Now you see me...

RandyMagic

Re: Three tricks from Forum Novelties Inc.

Post by RandyMagic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:46 am

I had also bought Magic Card Illusion once. Not bad, but nothing special too!