Bird Brain!

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Bird Brain!

Post by SimonC » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:39 am

Once again I am sat typing with a big smile on my face as infront of me sits my shiny new Bird Brain.
I received it yesterday after a long day at work and as I always do with such things, squirrelled it away till the evening when I could open it in peace.
As with all MazzCo. effects the first thing that hits you is the quality. The cards are printed on plastic stock and have a really nice, tactile feel to them. The larger size is great too, it makes it more performable in my opinion. The graphics are excellent (and sneaky) and also benefit from the larger card stock.
I would imagine this will become my default version of this trick now, I have only had a chance to perform it to one person (which went very well) but I have been handling the cards a lot just because it's so satisfying!
Once I can wrangle an assistant I will be making a video of this one as I haven't uploaded any effects for a while and this gives me the perfect chance to.
So in short I would say this is a definite improvement on the Birdwatcher concept, the larger, plastic stock makes it more visual, easier to read and more pleasing to handle/perform.
Bravo Mr. Mazza! If there are any left I would snap one up for your collection, you'll be glad you did :)

(pics to follow)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Bird Brain!

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:32 am

Great to hear Simon!

Mine is on its way... It is amazing that John was able to improve the already perfect and clever Bird Watcher Too!

Now I'm even more impatient waiting for my Bird Brain!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:28 pm

The wait was not very long, 20 November I received John's envelope with Bird Brain and an extra item I ordered.

Bird Brain is really looking good!, and the backs are brilliant, I won't say more :)

I'm very happy with it, the only thing I have to buy or make myself is a nice case.

Thanks again John for this killer!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks guys for the positive feedback.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:41 pm

ok so I road tested BB last week and it went down a storm, had my mate graham scratching his beard all night. I'm surprised at how quickly you can ascertain the bird. sometimes you can tell the second they finish looking at the last card and if you're co dissent enough you can tell them to straight away gather up the cards and put them out of sight etc. you're then free to spend as long as you like 'delving into their psyche'
it's a cracker, taking it for another spin tonight with my tenyo packet trick assortment. BB, magic painting and sakakku scale. need to practice my grand Derby prediction :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 am

Yes my Bird Brain astonishes also people. I only missed a nice case.

Therefore I made one myself, from gold cardboard that was inside the package of a chocolate letter :)
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:29 pm

a chocolate letter sounds like a schoolboys name for a fart. like "air-biscuit".
I've been back at work too long, need to spend some time with some adults I think :)
nice case tho rob, it's a great trick isn't it :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:30 pm

Oh I must be careful with my words, even chocolate letter is not so innocent as I thought :)

Yes you definitely need a time out Simon! :P

Maybe this is something for a contest :

Who makes the coolest Bird Brain case?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:25 pm

I have finally got round to making a Bird Brain video!

Thanks again John for another great trick :)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Great Video Simon, thank you so much!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:38 pm

I saw John this weekend and received a copy of this fine trick from John- it is awesome. It is great to have this on durable plastic cards and the backs of the cards are exceptionally well done!

Highly recommended!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:03 am

Fine video Simon, well-deserved promotion of John's Bird Brain. Great music too, is that Grieg Peer Gynt ?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:02 am

Rob, the case looks great. I like how you cut out the top so you could see the title of the trick on the cards. Very clever.