This one baffled me...

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
BluBob

Re: This one baffled me...

Post by BluBob » Thu May 14, 2015 8:30 pm

After looking at the video, I observe a few things:

1) The handkerchief seems to be 12 inches (not large, not small)

2) once hanky covers hand I see the forearm muscles move.

3) From 1:21 to 1:37 the move is occurring.

4) At 1:34 the hand repositions itself. (From knuckles up (palm slightly down) to turning the knuckles more to the right side)

5) When the hanky is completely removed, the dowel is NOT in the same position on the thumb as it was when the trick started.

All this leads me to believe that the, once the hand is covered, it turns ever-so-slightly to the left ... the forefinger then releases it's grip, and the thumb centers the dowel onto the middle finger which carries the dowel until it is returned to the Thumb/Forefinger grip.

Fun STuff OnLY!
and now, on with the show ...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri May 15, 2015 1:15 am

I cut one of these shapes out yesterday to play around with and noticed one thing.. you can (with practice) curl the index finger (the nose-picker) slightly when the dowel is in position, and feed it into THE MIDDLE HOLE!! which has been sitting there inconspicuously the whole time (it really serves no purpose).
so you feed it onto your curled middle finger (not 100% on positions) and after the plate is removed quickly reposition
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 am

Another great impromtu routine by Ryan Schlutz : Rotating Credit.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5617

This routine is similar to Paul Green`s Jeopardy or Aldo Colombini`s Predeckability. But the good thing that it is impromtu and no setup required. Another great instant "show me a trick" routine.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 am

Hah, that's a good one Victor! Jeopardy is one of my all time favourites and a trick I actually perform once in a while :) This new variation is definately worth to take a look at, though I'm doubting about spending 10 USD on a trick that I actually kind of know how it works, I only need a complete video of the demonstration to copy it :P
People who own Grand Derby Prediction will certainly 'smell' something familiar too when you look at the video ;)

For those who are not familiar with the concept this one is certainly something you might consider buying.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Not sure if this was posted before....but is very baffling!!......Side Track without the extra room....very clever!:

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Yes I believe I have seen this before...

But it remains fantastic. And the design is outstanding! I still don't quite understand how this works...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:30 am

I saw this too some time ago, definately one GREAT little trick! Perhaps some black fabric is used that is pulled (rollerd?)over the middle section? The black 'background' enhances the trick of course.
I don't want to sound too negative, but I do wonder this isn't the kind of trick that looks superb on camera but in real life may give away what is happening ... . This looks almost too good to be true :)
In any case, a great invention and a trick I would certainly love to have!

Nitrous_doug

Post by Nitrous_doug » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Not sure where funstuff is on the issue of exposure, but it seems to me that the last phase of the routine gives the method away. Of course it could be that the disappearance of the third cube and its appearance in the box is by a simple s***l method that is in no way involved in the overall effect....but I doubt it.

I think this is a bit like Cubalibre - great in a parlour setting but not great in closer settings. Clever but somewhat limited in actual use.
Nitrous

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Evolve......seriously baffled with this one:

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:08 am

Very cool!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:17 am

Very cool indeed! You do have to 'ditch' something afterwards it seems, but for a 'quick, seemingly self-working trick' this is something I really like (if it looks as good in person as it does on the video!) :)

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:52 am

This one baffled me badly...I had to see the video about 10 times to get an idea of the working....very visual and Lubor Fiedler style:

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:55 am

Nice trick, but wow I like what he's wearing! ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:41 am

Yes black's a good colour on him ;)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:07 am

Impossible Chain Escape

And it's by former Tenyo inventor Sugawara :)

Not available yet at the time of posting this. Since there are no gimmicks involved it can't be that expensive I think. Perhaps my next purchase depending on the price and of course of what you guys think ;)

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:32 am

Interesting, I like it! I have an idea what's happening. The type of bolt they chose is interesting!
Last edited by PeterW on Mon May 02, 2016 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun May 01, 2016 2:07 am

I am thinking a clever alternate version of Anverdi's "Encaanted Ring." (with no m****t)
Look closely at the head of the NUT as the spectator pulls the chain.
Yes, Peter, the bolt is very interesting ...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Super baffled O_o ?

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sat May 07, 2016 7:19 pm

I like this, too (and most of Sugawara's thinking). SEO has this available now. Looking forward to receiving my order. Has anyone seen/tried his Dice Escape? Very cool, but delicate gimmick.

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sat May 07, 2016 9:02 pm

I believe this uses the same method as the the "Toasyt to Houdini" effect.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-pJMxrqqDk

Neither of of two fooled me though. I would be afraid to allow all the props to be examined at once for fear the method would easily be discovered.

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sat May 07, 2016 9:36 pm

KirkW wrote:I believe this uses the same method as the the "Toasyt to Houdini" effect.

Neither of of two fooled me though. I would be afraid to allow all the props to be examined at once for fear the method would easily be discovered.
I actually like this version better, mind you the handling was pretty obvious in this video. I wonder if one of the rear feet could be modified to do what needed to be done without being as obvious?

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sat May 07, 2016 9:54 pm

PeterW wrote:
KirkW wrote:I believe this uses the same method as the the "Toasyt to Houdini" effect.

I actually like this version better, mind you the handling was pretty obvious in this video. I wonder if one of the rear feet could be modified to do what needed to be done without being as obvious?
I like the "Toast to Houdini" better also. It looks very classy.
However, my wife and daughter watched the demo video and both figured out the method immediately. For this reason, I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on this effect.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat May 14, 2016 2:09 pm

EvanS wrote:I like this, too (and most of Sugawara's thinking). SEO has this available now. Looking forward to receiving my order. Has anyone seen/tried his Dice Escape? Very cool, but delicate gimmick.
Yes, I own Dice Escape. Roberto made a great video. It is very cool, but I actually never performed it. It looks great (on camera) but in the real world with all those 'grabbing' hands and so on it can be annoying. However with a proper routine that shouldn't be a problem of course. The biggest problem is indeed the delicacy of the gimmick.; and an angle issue.

Evan, please let us know what you think of your new trick when it has arrived :)

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Mon May 16, 2016 11:21 am

Will do! It's supposed to arrive this afternoon. I'm traveling the next two days but will tear into it when I get back home.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:08 am

Hi guys,

Maybe some of you hate card tricks and feel that it`s boring. Well... you could be right but I love this one. The Sympathetic 10 created by Joerg Alexander (Germany). The card in wineglass looks always elegant to me. Here is a routine that elegantly presented by Eric Mead. Enjoy ! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGXm_xHy3CI