This one baffled me...

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
Roberto B.
Charter Member

This one baffled me...

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:07 pm

I invite you to post here tricks that has baffled you.........and that still maintains you baffled at the moment you write your post....... :shock:

I will start with this one:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Last edited by SimonC on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: This one baffled me...

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:55 pm

My initial thoughts for the final 'penetration' -
metal bar + magnetic dice
Die may even have been to the confined cubes school of wizardry.
Long story short, that dice is dodgy and those perfectly dice shaped tube ends are a bit moody too.
I'm obviously talking bollocks tho I don't actually know how it's done, it's a great trick. Like 'ultra confined cube'
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Very interesting.
Shows tube empty drops the dice through twice.
Then doesn't show tube empty.

Puts in the bar drops in the dice rubber bands it shakes dice to the end.
Does some more shaking.

Dice does not fall out until it is tapped.
So magnet seems to be used.

Good trick but don't think dice will stand close examination. ;)
Bad thing is I don't see it available at SEO at all. :(
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:18 pm

what baffled me most is... where are you getting (RB) your tricks at your channel on youtube ? you are so genius of finding them. could you please share me some :-)
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:24 pm

garlicMASTER (Jamie) was first introduced to me by Roberto. He was turned on by the great videos and had a list of Magic (Tenyo and others) that he was looking to get, but he was rightfully surprised by how expensive some of these tricks can be.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Most of my items comes from ebay or magic webshops....but....the most interesting and most appreciated ones normally comes from good friends......some of them from this forum.....others from the old magic cafe.....and others from youtube....yes youtube....you could think that youtube is kind of jungle....and maybe it is....but I have meet very interesting people there......like garlic master (super cool avatar by the way)....

From different friends I have buy and trade........... and many times I have received itens as a gift from them.

Also I do a lot of google research........is kind of a hobby....when I finish my work or before going to sleep I do some searches......is relaxing!

The google image search tool is very useful.......I mean the one where you can upload a photo an search the web for similar images.....with this you surpass tha language barrier.....don't know if this tool is old but I just discover it a few months ago.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:00 am

Roberto B. wrote: The google image search tool is very useful.......I mean the one where you can upload a photo an search the web for similar images.....with this you surpass tha language barrier.....don't know if this tool is old but I just discover it a few months ago.
I didn't even know that existed! :o

By the way the trick has me seriously baffled ... . Some mention magnets are being used, but the whole thing can be inspected before and after, but perhaps you can only inspect every item seperately and not as one unit?
Someone should buy this (if it were available which will be very soon I believe) and let us know it is worth buying :p I would but shipping from Seomagic is pretty expensive to Europe ... .

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:02 am

David DeTenyo wrote:
Roberto B. wrote: By the way the trick has me seriously baffled ... .
I'm still baffled.......I think maybe it uses similar mechanics than the Holely Stick (because of the shápe of the tube):

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Roberto B. wrote:Most of my items comes from ebay or magic webshops....but....the most interesting and most appreciated ones normally comes from good friends......some of them from this forum.....others from the old magic cafe.....and others from youtube....yes youtube....you could think that youtube is kind of jungle....and maybe it is....but I have meet very interesting people there......like garlic master (super cool avatar by the way)....

From different friends I have buy and trade........... and many times I have received itens as a gift from them.

Also I do a lot of google research........is kind of a hobby....when I finish my work or before going to sleep I do some searches......is relaxing!

The google image search tool is very useful.......I mean the one where you can upload a photo an search the web for similar images.....with this you surpass tha language barrier.....don't know if this tool is old but I just discover it a few months ago.

thanks for the infos...this served as a big help for me :!:

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 pm

JohnM wrote:garlicMASTER (Jamie) was first introduced to me by Roberto. He was turned on by the great videos and had a list of Magic (Tenyo and others) that he was looking to get, but he was rightfully surprised by how expensive some of these tricks can be.
i was amazed with the videos of Cormatches and acted like a kid, i want this... i like that...and made my list without knowing how much it will cost me. yes i was surprised it is very expensive for me, i can't afford them in just one payment.

at the moment, i have some Tenyo items but very few and i just bought the cheapest one which i can use just like the Vault Vision :lol: love it !!

JohnM
Site Admin

Less Expensive Tenyo can be found

Post by JohnM » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:13 pm

I hope I did not embarrass you. I was just trying to point out how crazy the prices we Tenyophiles pay for items seem when looked at by an outsider.

I have two lots (about 40 items total) of loose (no packaging) Tenyo coming in. They will cover the whole range from expensive sought after ones to lower priced good performers. They will be reasonably priced and great to have for performing and playing with and are just as collectible. If you are interested, send me a list of what you are looking for or I can make some recommendations if you want.

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:59 am

@ JohnM - Definitely not, no worries :-)

Right now i am interested to find the Lucky Rabbit. It look like cute/collectible for me and great for performing, suitable for my work place too.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 am

Yes Lucky Rabbit is a good one. I think it is under appreciated. The price has been creeping up lately.

Unfortunately I don't have that one coming in.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:16 pm

When will the Dicescape be available? I looked on SEO, but didn't see it.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:39 pm

It's now on their US site:

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21

Coincidence by Kreis Magic looks interesting too.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Invented by Sugawara the same Tenyo inventor who invented Ultra Tube.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 pm

In the video all is inspected but the discription doesn't mention anything can be examined ... . That worries me a bit because this trick is only worth the 60 USD if it can be examined (at least more or less )imho :)
Who takes the plunge? ;)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm

I wonder why Tenyo did not produce this one.

Has Shigeru Sugawara released other tricks independently.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:49 pm

He has 9 tricks listed in Seo shop....check:

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/ind ... rers_id/56

I ordered a DicEscape.......will let you know my opinión as son as I receive it.......unfortunately it took a while for things to come down here (plus mail service is in a strike for more tan 3 weeks now and it continue..........be patient with the movie contest prize Simon).........so maybe someone else will get it before (or I'm the only one interested?)......

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm definitely interested as I still don't have an ultra tube
Now you see me...

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:16 pm

I had some ideas on how this could work if the tube is not examinable and the rod and die cannot both be examined at the same time. If all can be examined at the same time, that is one amazing trick!!!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 pm

I have watched this video many times now. One thing I noticed but could be wrong the dice is loaded with the number 4 on the bottom which means 3 is on the top as you see and assume that number 1 is facing us. When it comes out 6 is on the top with 5 facing you. So that is inconsistent with reality. I say the tube is impossible to examine as there is no other way I can see it work and have the tube empty at the end. I believe I know the answer but will refrain from saying as it may be exposure. ;)
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:42 am

I also looked back at the video and he's doing something very 'akward' between 1:08 - 1:13 with his right hand, it seems he's hiding something, but I could be wrong - perhaps some clever Ultra-Tube-like gimmick?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 am

Brotherbor (a Dutch friend of mine who makes and recereates/invents magic tricks, a new member) and Roberto have bought one. I'm sure they'll give us their opinion once they receive it :)
Very intrigued with this trick ... it sounds too good to be true. And you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true ... ;)