This one baffled me...

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: This one baffled me...

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:05 am

It is a great magic trick for sure. I own Thomas Pohle's Mini Cube A Libre.
As previously mentioned it is not hard to do BUT you really need to learn the sequence by heart which makes it tough for lazy people like myself :p
Needless to say I never performed it or even took the time to learn it ... shame on me I know!

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 am

Richard W wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:46 pm
Olaf really nice looking version.

Richard, in reality it looks much better, was my most expensive magic investment back then
Is very solidly worked and weighs a total of 2kg without the silver cubes - extras are metall

The silver cubes were an additional option ⭐️ I added the round gold applications myself
Last night I practiced for a long time and managed everything quite well, was real fun 👍

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 am

I really like it. Does look complicated to remember all the moves. I really haven't figured this one out yet I'm still happy to be baffled by it. Metal blocks...didn't think they were real metal I love them. Makes for professional looking prop and it's so big sure to get good reaction when shown live.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:04 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:05 am
Needless to say I never performed it or even took the time to learn it ...

David, no shame on you, just try it again with no pressure over some time, its worth it

Until now I can't do it without following the instructions but it gets better every time

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:55 am

Rising Coin Castle by Mikame - Does anyone own this nice prop ?

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:40 am

A very smooth performance by Mikame with the Rising Coin Castle. Doing it as smooth and quick as that is probably not easy, and there are some angle considerations as well (the spectator in his demo would not be fooled, that's for sure). And you need the final small chest to be out of sight before lifting it up and placing it on top of the castle.

bobt1
Charter Member

Post by bobt1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:34 pm

I had this trick made by Douglas-Wayne. I think their version looked nicer than the Mikame and probaby better made. However, the Douglas-Wayne setup and the use of sand was not good.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:51 am

Olaf S wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:55 am
Rising Coin Castle by Mikame - Does anyone own this nice prop ?

I remember this prop just sat for a long time in the cabinet display in magic shop belongs to my good friend and no one bought it. So I took and studied it, demonstrated this several times to customer and sold that one or two copies. It has really a nice mechanism with clockwork. Unfortunately I cannot afford it because it`s so expensive. It has really nicely made wooden quarter go box which the flap is very tight to open.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:25 am

Chink A Chink - Brass weights by James Riser

A somewhat long introduction but told in an exciting way
The presentation blew my socks off - I'd like to be able too

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:10 pm

This looks like Lubor Fiedler stuff:

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Roberto B. wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:10 pm
This looks like Lubor Fiedler stuff:

Ha yes, I saw it at the magicshop.nl a moment ago! Really cool, for presale for 44,50 € ...

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Spirit Cabinet - Sheishin no Cabinet - Collector's Workshop

The appearance of these props is to my taste but some reviews speak of suspicious handling ...

With its roots in the Sefalajia cabinet this is an amazing little box in which the spirits perform many
wonders - The chest is subtlety gimmicked in three places, you will need to read the instructions to
find them. Quality accessories, some gimmicked, come with the chest to perform the seven effects!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Not a magic trick but a magic artwork

Oops ... this amazing video is gone ...
Last edited by Olaf S on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:08 pm

This is brilliant fooling magic fun

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Replica 4D Magic App - Astonishing magic effects

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:07 pm

A very beautiful trick - Beautiful craftsmanship
Approx. Retail Price: $1,495.00 - That's a proud price

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Wed May 27, 2020 2:15 pm

B176B812-FFE6-4621-BDB9-56416F3BB1F9.jpeg
Does anyone have Sweet Treats?
If so, can all the discs be separated/unstacked from the rod?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Wed May 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Kirk, I don't really know, but I would wager that in this version, only the top two could be removed. Other versions exists where this limitation has been removed (Wellington Enterprises "Mystery of The Pyramids Outdone", for example), which of course makes it a better effect.

I don't own any such effect, but now I am tempted to perhaps make one. The biggest issue is perhaps noise. The storyline for Kent Bergmann's version ("Trapped") solves this (at least how Madison presented it), but that method isn't really as suitable for a version with discs/checkers (no angry dragon to literally shake things up).

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm

ØyvindK wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:21 pm
Kirk, I don't really know, but I would wager that in this version, only the top two could be removed. Other versions exists where this limitation has been removed (Wellington Enterprises "Mystery of The Pyramids Outdone", for example), which of course makes it a better effect.

I don't own any such effect, but now I am tempted to perhaps make one. The biggest issue is perhaps noise. The storyline for Kent Bergmann's version ("Trapped") solves this (at least how Madison presented it), but that method isn't really as suitable for a version with discs/checkers (no angry dragon to literally shake things up).
I did some digging and found this video online so you were correct and that only the top two discs can be removed.

https://vimeo.com/237500719

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:13 pm

Not sure if I like the trick….I think some handling may be needed...but I like the video style so I wanted to share:

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:09 am

Roberto, I'm not sure I like it either, but the video is well done 👍

Some are of the opinion that certain videos are too long

But now I am relaxed after having seen this 😉

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:10 pm

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I had several versions of this pyramid type effect; “The Magic Pyramid” by Magic Design, “Trapped” by 3D Magic Works and “Dice Tower” by our own Simon Craze.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2576

Each of the three versions uses a slightly different method.

I recently add “Sweet Treats” by Don Potts. Surprisingly, this new addition too has a different method from the other three. Sweet Treats has no moving/sliding parts and therefore operates silently. The only drawback is that only the top two discs can be removed.
Sweet Treats.jpg
Now if I could only get my hands on an aftermarket, affordable “Mystery of the Pyramids” by Wellington Enterprises which was based off of (and improved) Sweet Treats. “Mystery of the Pyramids” is not only silent in operation but all the discs can be removed and shown separately.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:58 am

Hi Kirk:

I have Mystery of the Pyramids and I believe it works the same as Magic Pyramid by Magic Design?

Idon't have the last one so I'm not sure.

What do you think?

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:00 am

Roberto B. wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:58 am
Hi Kirk:

I have Mystery of the Pyramids and I believe it works the same as Magic Pyramid by Magic Design?

Idon't have the last one so I'm not sure.

What do you think?
With Mystery of the Pyramids, you can remove and show all five discs from the rod before and after the “magic” happens. You can only remove the top three with Magic Pyramid. And, it is not silent.
I believe Wellington Enterprises has come up with a method a little more clever than than that used in Sweet Treats or Magic Pyramid.

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:58 am

I have Sweet Treats and all the discs could be separated but this would expose the workings so you would only take off the top 2 unless you were at a bit of a distance and had the prop at eye level you could remove the 3rd disc.
It does work the same as Mystery Of The Pyramids but Mystery Of The Pyramids is a much more precision-built prop and you can separate all the discs but still, you need a bit of distance.
By the way, I sold my copy of The Mystery Of The Pyramids to the chap that owns Magic Wagon so you never know he might one day release his own version ;)
Simon from Aus (but English)