This one baffled me...

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
PeterW

Re: This one baffled me...

Post by PeterW » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes Kirk, I'll let you know, the one thing I like about this version is how easy it will be to hide that certain something. Handling should look quite natural.

:shock: Wow Simon! You made that version! Great work!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:00 pm

So long ago I realize I don't have clue how this works! Well, I do have a clue, but not sure :D

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:43 pm

I have a special version of Blockbuster made by SimonC, with a Celtic knot on each side, very proud to own it! Still an ingenious trick!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm

That's a very rare piece you have there Rob, not many had the knot work, only one or two I think :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Now I'm extra proud to have this... :)

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:10 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Ah, just got an invoice from Zauberbutike - glad I got this ... showed it to the wife and she was completely :o :?: :geek: ... :D

Jason, the trick Rob mentiones is available at a German shop (see the link Rob provided above). It costs about 32 USD, and shipping is not included (it will be a total of >40 USD for sure with shipping included to the USA).

However I believe you are talking about the trick that Simon re-released some time ago. Do contact him because it is a great little and fun thing to have :)
I did send Simon a PM, and he never responded.
God bless, Jason Irelan

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:48 am

Jason please accept my humblest of apologies. I am very busy and forgetful. I received your PM and got distracted. I am afraid I no longer make Blockbuster, if memory serves it was around £50-£60 Great British Pounds.
I will endeavour to respond in a more timely fashion in future correspondences.
Kind regards,
Simon
Now you see me...

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 am

What would those pounds come to in U.S. currency?
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 am

Approximately $90
Where's my colon?!

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 am

So it's even more than the one from Germany.
God bless, Jason Irelan

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm

I haven't checked the price, it may even be even more even.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:14 am

Just received my Geschickt Eingefädelt (or Skillfully threaded according to Google Translate) and couldn't withstand opening it immediately and trying it out. The secret is more or less what I expected but still is a bit different, actually better in my opinion :)

This is one heck of a nice item, especially considering the very low price. I believe this is one of my best purchases over the past few years!
Everything is very well made, works perfectly (and will continue to work perfectly over time) and the gimmick looks very good and is built with small tolerances, as it should. And soooo easy to do. A trick you try out once and you're ready to go! Take it of the shelf a few months later and perform. Easy peasy :D

In my opinion this is more of a parlor trick considering it's size. It's not overly big but it isn't small either. You can perform close up but I would add a little something on top of the tube so a tiny part which could give away the secret won't be noticed. Easily done with a small plastic ring or something similar.

Everything can be examined apart from the needle. As mentioned the gimmick is almost invisible from a certain distance but even then you'll hold the needle where you're supposed to and all looks very natural. YOU (!) can show the needle in detail to the spectators and that's enough for me.

Well done Zauberbutike! Let's hope the owner, Marco Plambeck, will make more of this good 'old' stuff like Eckhart Böttcher did in the days :)

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:07 am

Nice review David
I look forward to receiving mine even more now.
Rob was good enough to place my order as I don't speak German, I know realize if you use the Google Chrome browser it translates for you.
Simon from Aus (but English)

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:27 am

Was that effect made by the seller? I assumed that it was made in India. He has other nicely made effects listed which are made in India.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 am

Fantastic Review David! I also can't wait for mine to arrive. I ponder painting my top lid black to match the base instead of blue and that might help the effect. Either way I should have a lot of fun with the effect.

I've been pondering patter for the effect and talking about getting older and how I need glasses to thread a needle. You could then say something to the effect that you've solved that problem and pull out the giant needle from your back pocket. I expect that would get a laugh, then you can say no this needle is just for demonstration purposes and talk about how you can now thread a needle using magic while you continue with the effect. Should be fun to play around with!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:26 am

Steve S. wrote:Was that effect made by the seller? I assumed that it was made in India. He has other nicely made effects listed which are made in India.
No idea Steve ... it could have been made in India, especially because of the almost ridiculous price. The instructions were made by the shop owner, in German.

Peter, great idea for the routine! The giant needle makes total sense that way :lol:

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:23 am

I just opened my Needle Through Ribbon and I am very pleased with it as well! First, I was happy to see that it is somewhat smaller than I expected. I think of it as one of those tricks which appears to be more expensive than it is. By the way, it is indeed made in India.

For those who find changes in prop production interesting, they changed the color of the top cap or lid from an off white color to blue.

It's a bit late so I will wait until tomorrow to practice it. I don't expect it to take very long at all to master the handling. Should be fun to perform so I expect to be using it quite a bit for the next few weeks.

Another terrific prop made in India is Squeezy Away Block aka Squeeze Away Block. It's nicely made of teak, is a smaller size version than any other model I have ever seen so it's suitable for close-up table work, and has a slightly different method which makes the handling superb! If you already own it, you know just what I mean.

I am looking forward to your feedback if you bought a Needle Through Ribbon and I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts if you own one of those nice Squeezy Away Blocks!

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:46 am

Is Squeeze Away Block another company's version of Squeeze Play?
God bless, Jason Irelan

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:19 am

Jason wrote:Is Squeeze Away Block another company's version of Squeeze Play?
God bless, Jason Irelan
No, it's an old classic effect where you place three blocks, two red and one yellow, into a frame type box and the yellow block inbetween the two red blocks is visually squeezed away and vanishes.

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Steve S. wrote:I just opened my Needle Through Ribbon and I am very pleased with it as well! First, I was happy to see that it is somewhat smaller than I expected. I think of it as one of those tricks which appears to be more expensive than it is. By the way, it is indeed made in India.

For those who find changes in prop production interesting, they changed the color of the top cap or lid from an off white color to blue.

It's a bit late so I will wait until tomorrow to practice it. I don't expect it to take very long at all to master the handling. Should be fun to perform so I expect to be using it quite a bit for the next few weeks.

Another terrific prop made in India is Squeezy Away Block aka Squeeze Away Block. It's nicely made of teak, is a smaller size version than any other model I have ever seen so it's suitable for close-up table work, and has a slightly different method which makes the handling superb! If you already own it, you know just what I mean.

I am looking forward to your feedback if you bought a Needle Through Ribbon and I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts if you own one of those nice Squeezy Away Blocks!
Steve,

How were you able to order this? I browsed the website but didn't see any indication that they ship to the US. I also tries to place the item in my shopping cart but had no success with IE, Chrome or Firefox. I've emailed them several times over the last couple of weeks but get no reply. Ireally what to purchase this item! :-/

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:35 pm

PM sent Kirk.

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:10 am

Does Squeeze Away Block work with the same principle that Squeeze Play does? If not, how much would it cost? Also of all the tricks that people have added to the this one baffled me post, which one is the cheapest. I get baffled by a lot of them, which makes me want them.
God bless, Jason Irelan

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:21 pm

I received my Cleverly Threaded effect. It was well package and shipping time was reasonable. I'm happy with my purchase as the price point was great but I believe they could have done a better job in painting the apparatus. This is not a big sore point with me as seeing it online I immediately didn't like the blue lid and intend on painting it black to match the base. I will give the apparatus a light sanding and purchase some paint and redo the paint job and possible create some graphics on the cylinder. All that said I do think that this is a great buy at the price point there selling it!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 am

If you want any vinyls made for the graphics let me know I'd just st need the dimensions
Now you see me...

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:46 am

Many thanks Simon! That reminds me my wife has one of those computer controlled paper cutters, And I have some black vinyl that I had forgotten about, so we should be covered, but I appreciate the offer!