Tricks Co LTD

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
MarkSoCal

Tricks Co LTD

Post by MarkSoCal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:52 pm

As a new Tenyo enthusiast and collector, I've spent quite a lot of time on YouTube watching demos of various Tenyo effects. Quite convenient we all live at a time where multiple presentations of magic tricks are at our fingertips so we can judge and evaluate!
It's impossible not to notice the videos of Tenyo-like tricks from Tricks Co LTD. I've been very impressed with two of their effects I've recently watched:
1) Mystery Door Penetration (the magic of the ribbon penetration happens right before your eyes!)
2) Space Dice (very direct penetration!)
Are any of you aware of these two tricks? Have these in your collection?
I imagine they are hard to find but not impossible.....any leads on acquiring?
Any serious collectors of Tricks Co Ltd on this forum?

I also think the graphics of these two tricks are top notch....quality looks good. Very impressed!

High on my Tenyo want list is Ribbon Forever....any ideas for me on this one?
Anyone care to compare Ribbon Forever with Mystery Door Penetration?

Please excuse me if any of this is discussed in the private members only area....I've yet to gain entrance there.

MadisonPresents

Re: Tricks Co LTD

Post by MadisonPresents » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:50 pm

I have space dice. It's clever in a different way than Tenyo. I honestly think it fools the Tenyo collectors more than lay people.

I have a few other tricks co effects as well. I've got a vast collection of tricks which I consider "Tenyo-like" from a variety of companies.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:55 pm

I find some of the Tricks co. tricks to be quite amazing as well. At one point I was thinking about collecting them but then decided that one obsessive collection is more than enough for me. ;)
So I only own a handful of them.
It's also a little harder to collect since as far as I know there isn't any master list or website that lists all their creations.

By the way the one who created the videos you watched (Roberto) is a member here. He can probably answer any questions you have about these.

I was never crazy about Ribbon Forever personally. The concept is very clever but I found it quite it quite difficult to do correctly.

MarkSoCal

Post by MarkSoCal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Well.....it seems that tricksupply.com does a bit of specialty with Japan magic in general and Tenyo and Trick Co. in particular.
I purchased three Trick Co. items: 1) The Houdini Card Escape 2) Chips To Anything and 3) Visual Silk Escape (Out of Prison).....we'll see how this goes!
I'll post some comments on these three tricks after I receive my order.
Anyone have any of these three tricks? Just wondering if I made a good move....ha!
I do like the site, and the trick info displays a bit of personality from the owner/reviewer.

Regarding Ribbon Forever, am I likely to see this one pop up on Ebay anytime in the next few months?

Elliot: what are the titles of your Tricks Co effects?

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:33 pm

I've figured Mystery Door Penetration out myself after some sleepless nights :) and made one myself.

See my video:

https://youtu.be/pnG2sIyA0s8

I have 8 Tricks. Co tricks, most of them purchased at themagicgadgetsite.com, which has also a very nice owner, like at tricksupply.com.

But Space Dice is not among them. The most rare of them is I believe TravelRing, an intricate looking trick anyway :) Maybe I can make a video of this effect. I'm curious if Roberto has this one...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately I cannot help you for both tricks you are looking for but if you love Tricks & Co. there is something that you can enjoy. Just visit our David DeTenyo website here : http://www.tenyo.be/other.html scroll it about half way down and there was an interesting information and 1st Tricks & Co. catalog that you can enjoy. By the way the props that you see in the catalog are the first generation of the Tricks & Co. series I believe. The twos you are looking for came later. So you will not find em in the catalog.

Enjoy ! :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 pm

I`m just curious if Richard Kaufman interested to work on the Tricks & Co. book for his next project ? :) :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:36 am

MarkSoCal wrote:
Elliot: what are the titles of your Tricks Co effects?
Right now I think I only have:

Pegged Card Mystery
Fingerprints of the thief
Sucker Die Monte
Coin case
Crazy Dice

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:52 am

Rob Rand wrote: But Space Dice is not among them. The most rare of them is I believe TravelRing, an intricate looking trick anyway :) Maybe I can make a video of this effect. I'm curious if Roberto has this one...
Yes I have it....but I think there is already a video of it on the web.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:00 pm

MarkSoCal wrote: 1) Mystery Door Penetration (the magic of the ribbon penetration happens right before your eyes!)
Hello Mark....of these two I specially like the Mystery Door penetration....I think is super clever and the visual effect is fantastic.....I have found that some persons find the secrec easily (like Rob) but other persons don't have a clue.
I recently added Magic Pierrot.
Another favourite is Miracle Separation.
I have a Tricks Co. playlist that you can check here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Z-yi0 ... 9B69772760

The rarest Tricks Co. that I have is a finger zig zag wich have a very nice design (pending video).....another pending video is a disc color change that is not the usual trick....this one involve a very clever mechanical system.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Roberto B. wrote:
MarkSoCal wrote: 1) Mystery Door Penetration (the magic of the ribbon penetration happens right before your eyes!)
Hello Mark....of these two I specially like the Mystery Door penetration....I think is super clever and the visual effect is fantastic.....I have found that some persons find the secrec easily (like Rob) but other persons don't have a clue.
Correction: I did NOT figure it out easily! It took me a couple of weeks (months?) I believe before I finally had that EUREKA moment: YES, that's how it works! :)

Roberto, you are writing about a colored disc effect ... I believe I have that too from Tricks. Co, do you mean Color Chips Thru Glass???

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Rob Rand wrote:
Roberto, you are writing about a colored disc effect ... I believe I have that too from Tricks. Co, do you mean Color Chips Thru Glass???
No....I mean one called Chameleon Disc.

Check it here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TENYO-INTEREST- ... 7675.l2557

MarkSoCal

Post by MarkSoCal » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Roberto:
Thanks so much for the link to these great Tricks Co effects! I will be actively searching for these stand out tricks to add to my small collection. It's nice to have these demos in one grouping! I'm adding
'Chamelion Disc' to my 'want list', and look forward to you posting your video. I'm sure it will be a class performance like all your others. Any help/leads in my search for these specific Tricks Co, just let me know :D
Magic Pierrot is charming!!!

VictorS:
Thanks for the lead to David DeTenyo's website on the first Tricks Co. catalog and history. Great reading!
This stuff hasn't been investigated enough!

I believe in a number of cases with Tricks Co, they specifically credit the creators. For instance 'The Pegged Card Mystery' was created by Yasukazu Nushiro. Maybe most of you know this (but I don't)
As I collect these tricks, I'll also note the creators and curious to see this list and where they overlap.