Silver expresque

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Silver expresque

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am

Has anyone ever seen this before? Ive had it for a while and it just occurred to me that it's a variation of silver express. This ones made in brass. Is the original silver express metal too?
Si
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Silver expresque

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:18 pm

I have one of these. It is the classic Coin Squeeze penetration trick. While there are some similarities in its workings, I would say Tenyo's Silver Express is more comparable to the classic Flying Coins trick.
Tenyo's Silver Express has two plastic caps that are not connected in any way. The coins travel from one cap to the other as they do in flying Coins.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Also in Silver Express the mechanics involved to keep one coin hidden is different and unique..........you don't need to shake the tubes to release it.

By the way I have the Coin Squeeze from the photos and I think that is one of the best versions......super poquet size and can be disassembled.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:46 pm

It is a lovely trick. It's nice to polish it every now and then too. So is silver express plastic? I'll have to try and find myself one if it works different :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Yes it's plastic, it's because of the plastic it works ;)

You should get one Simon, it's a really nice trick!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Well, I have one ghost puzzle left if anyone has it... Or any other tenyo for that matter, either one good one in a box, two not in a box or a combination that works.
Looking at Roberto's video, am I right in thinking that the gold parts are metal and they keep the shape of the slightly 'softer' black parts? ;)
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:37 pm

SimonC wrote:Well, I have one ghost puzzle left if anyone has it... Or any other tenyo for that matter, either one good one in a box, two not in a box or a combination that works.
Looking at Roberto's video, am I right in thinking that the gold parts are metal and they keep the shape of the slightly 'softer' black parts? ;)
You're correct!