Faux Lie Detector

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
Ron Cowart

Faux Lie Detector

Post by Ron Cowart » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:57 pm

Okay, here is a really off-the-wall query. :)

Does anybody out there have one of those faux lie detectors that aren't really magical in nature but are sometimes seen as a prop in magic shows? Now, more specifically, I'm talking about one with the remote control which permits the performer to specify when a "lie" or "truth" has been uttered!

The photo below is one created my Smoky Mouth Magic but they no longer have them.

I'm not necessarily seeking this particular one (I would certainly consider it), just one that you're looking to part with.

Thanks!!

https://youtu.be/i8s_TnIU2uQ

PeterW

Re: Faux Lie Detector

Post by PeterW » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:44 am

Hi Ron, There is a Magic buy and sell group on Facebook where a gentleman is selling a lie detector for $211 USD.

I’ve copied his post below

This is a one of a kind, unique item, a remote controlled Lie Detector. See the video of this one in action at https://youtube.com/shorts/N8soS1CnEas See @Mike Bliss perform the Lie Detector routine with one of my older lantern models at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb7zBHRLCqE&t=33s This is NOT the lie detector Lantern I sell at www.robertbaxt.com/liar-comedy-lie-detector/ but it uses the same electronic components. Comedy Magic legend @Jeff Hobson bought the lantern one and said I could quote him: "Got the lantern... it’s loud. That’s a good thing. The more you startle the folks, that’s a built-in laugh right there." This Steampunk one has a secret remote control and a range of over 40 feet although most use it with the button on the back of a clipboard that has all the joke questions written on it. A 23 page PDF file is included on my Liar DVD that has the jokes, lines, bits, and suggestions for every occasion plus video performances of the lie detector routine. You only have to read the lines and push the secret button to get big laughs! $211 with U.S. Shipping included inside the United States. PayPal to paypal.me/RobertBaxt First to pay gets it, not first to say they want it, but please comment here so we know who was first. You don't want someone else to "steal" this away from you. It is 8 in across and just about 9 in high and 3 inches wide. This looks great on stage or platform, however it's just a box with added hardware. The dial does not move. The back of the wooden box opens up so you can produce something like a long piece of paper with a lie report or a playing card from inside. Packs small but plays big and loud and that's no lie! 🙂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:47 am

The Facebook group is called Magic For Sale New Or Used. Hope this helps! You could also contact the seller through there webpage link.

Ron Cowart

Post by Ron Cowart » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:02 pm

Peter...THANK YOU so much!!

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:11 am

You’re welcome! Glad to help!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:17 am

That looks really good. Very retro. More believable looking that it might really work. :mrgreen:
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"