Tenyo Mickey`s Magic Shop (Jigsaw Puzzle)

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
VictorS

Tenyo Mickey`s Magic Shop (Jigsaw Puzzle)

Post by VictorS » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:07 pm

Hallo everyone,

Once I made a thread related to this product but I accidentally deleted it :( Sorry but I will renew it.

I got a new information about this product Tenyo Mickey`s Magic Shop Jigsaw puzzle which could be interesting for you. This is not a magic trick but a jigsaw puzzle set. This puzzle has a close relationship with Tenyo Magic props and the famous Tarbell Course Books. You can see all the details in the 1st pic below.

I remembered, once I had a short discussion with our JohnM about this puzzle and luckily JohnM was be able to find one. You can see the actual product in Planet Tenyo:

http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/disney/#magicshop

The one John had is the 1000 pieces puzzle with size 51 x 71,5 cm. This product seems already discontinued and only can be found in ebay. I found it also several years ago in the shopping mall in town but it was quite expensive so I postponed to buy it.

Now come the good news :)

I found another alternative to obtain the smaller size of this 1000 pieces puzzle. The size is 29,7 x 42 cm, I would say it is approx 50% smaller than what John had. It has also 1000 pieces because all puzzle pieces were cut smaller. Tenyo categorized it as "tiny pieces" puzzle. So this will be more challenging. The actual product you can see at the second pics I made.

I luckily found a japanese online shop (imaginatorioum.org) which sell this puzzle ( and all kind of interesting jigsaw puzzles) and it is still easily available. The other good point is, it is not so expensive (2000 JPY) and they still can give you additional 10% discount excluding the shipping. Something that you will not complain.

Here is the direct link to the product :
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/dismick10.htm

Just click "Buy this puzzle" if you want to place the order and follow the next step. It is quite easy and simple processes. I selected also "Airmail" as cheaper (but traceable) shipping option and it took only 7 days of delivery.

Soooo...the holiday will come soon....this will be a perfect Christmas gift for Tenyo lovers :) Enjoy !! :)

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Tenyo Mickey`s Magic Shop (Jigsaw Puzzle)

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:46 am

I haven't gotten this puzzle yet but it is definitely on my wish list.
They also sell this on Amazon.com for around the same price ($20).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BYM77Y

By the way, Tenyo also made a 2000 piece version of the puzzle that was 73×102cm but that one is also long discontinued.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:28 am

Cool...thanks for the additional information Elliot ;) what amazed me also the stained art jigsaw.....the design looks really awesome.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005SL896 ... AGGDW4KGJT

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun May 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Yesterday, I planned to make the puzzle and decided to open the box. I was quite surprise how tiny the puzzle pieces are. They are super tiny. :o So I decided to put everything back into the box. My eyes are getting older. Maybe i will finish it someday. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon May 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Nice find Victor ! Making a puzzle is a very relaxing thing... I'm not a jigsaw puzzler anymore, but I remember it was a good way to freely think of everything...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon May 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Nice find Victor ! Making a puzzle is a very relaxing thing... I'm not a jigsaw puzzler anymore, but I remember it was a good way to freely think of everything...
Thanks Rob. I`m not really a jigzaw puzzler too, it just because Tenyo with it`s Magical Theme ! And slowly and unconsciously, I have been brainwashed by Tenyo.... :) :) :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue May 31, 2016 2:05 am

Wow ... I didn't know this was so easy available! For some reason I thought these were discontinued and hard to find. It's definately on my wish list now!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue May 31, 2016 6:46 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Wow ... I didn't know this was so easy available! For some reason I thought these were discontinued and hard to find. It's definately on my wish list now!
David...the small / tiny puzzle version is still easily available but not the big one as you can see in JohnM's Planet Tenyo. Unfortunately it was already discontinued.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:51 pm

Talking about "the half" as our Simon Layland mentioned in the other thread ;), I`m a lucky guy.
My half is the one who really hates jigsaw puzzle but now she is the one who is going crazy to finish it :)
Current progress : about 80% finish ;) (not the one you see in the pic)
My contribution : less than 1 % :P

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:47 am

Ha Victor that's nice too see... It must be Tenyo magic that turned her into a puzzle-addict! :) Only for this puzzle of course! :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Ha Victor that's nice too see... It must be Tenyo magic that turned her into a puzzle-addict! :) Only for this puzzle of course! :)
Not only for this puzzle Rob. She already requested me to buy another puzzle for the next project :lol:

Unfortunately the addiction ends today. Myself and my wife finished the puzzle and all 1000 pieces sit on the right place. I am having a headache but I`m happy :) . I would say making this tiny pieces is twice harder than the normal size one. As final action, it will be glued and framed so people can enjoy the nice pic with an additional Tenyo magic performance ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:10 pm

OK congratulations Victor and your wife for finishing this head-aching puzzle! :)

Looks really wonderful now that it is complete. Nice piece of art on your wall :)
Last edited by Rob Rand on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:28 pm

That is really cool never paid any attention to their puzzles before. I know all about those tiny pieces. I had a coin puzzle with tiny pieces took me and my wife forever to finish.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks for the compliment Rob :)
Richard, I told my wife and decided that this puzzle will probably be our first and our last :)

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:45 am

Q: Don't these types of puzzles make you go to pieces?
and now, on with the show ...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:08 am

BluBob wrote:Q: Don't these types of puzzles make you go to pieces?
Indeed Bob...indeed....thanks God we can finish what we have started ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:21 am

The jumbo 2000 pcs version of this puzzle is going with crazy price at Ebay. Nice shipping price by the way.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Jigsaw-P ... SwoydWk3nN

I am glad to introduce this to JohnM years ago and he has a set of 1000 pcs.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/disney/#magicshop
Will you go for the 2000 pcs John ? :) :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:41 am

The 1000 pcs is still available at about 1/10th of the price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-1000-Jig ... SwFqJWrCxL .

I think Tenyo decided to reproduce this considering the low price.

Hesitating to buy this one ... .

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 am

Tenyo makes really cool puzzles. Besides the Magic Shop one I was lucky to find thanks to Victor, I also got this cool Avengers puzzle. I had planned to do the Avengers one but have not yet. It is really cool because it has all the faces of the actors and it is quite a group of actors at that. The only actor not pictured is Robert Downey Jr. I assume he wanted nothing to do with it or wanted too much money.