Recommendation : Dunninger`s Complete Encyclopedia Of Magic

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
VictorS

Recommendation : Dunninger`s Complete Encyclopedia Of Magic

Post by VictorS » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:45 am

Hi again everyone,

I have shared this information with Richard and other member but maybe this could be interesting to all of you. I`m not sure if you are familiar with a great magic book : Dunninger`s Complete Encyclopedia of Magic.

I knew this book from the late magician from Germany (Ralf Weichman or his artist name Braco) about more than 10 years ago. He was actually specialized in levitation effect but he also collected magic books, props that float (floating balls, zombie balls, etc). When I went to his apartment in Berlin, he showed me this book and I loved it so much. Luckily I still can find the copy of that book for a good price (EUR 17,-). We became a good friend but sadly he passed away in 2008 (if I`m not mistaken) due to cancer.

Another interesting thing I found when I watched the documentary movie "The Magic Box", this is all about the magical carrier of the famous magicians Siegfried and Roy.
I have the DVD but we can see watch the move in Youtube for free. Here is the link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5nDbViUjTc

My point is, when you watch it and fast forward to minute 10:00, in this movie there is a big thick beautiful old magic book which has a similar content to the Dunniger Book. The book is very2 classic, vintage and beautiful.

The book is not so expensive nowadays. I tried to search Amazon and surprisingly there are many great offers for it...check this out :o
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... a+of+Magic

Braco, the magician said, it`s a perfect toilet book... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....when you go to the toilet and do your "long term business", you will always find something new. The book is so inspiring with tons of information.

I found another interesting prop written in the book which more or less has a close relationship with the famous Chinese sticks and Pillars Of Thor. It is The Dream Of Fu Chong.

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy and wish you a very good luck on hunting it ;)

Have a great weekend guys !
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BluBob

Re: Recommendation : Dunninger`s Complete Encyclopedia Of Ma

Post by BluBob » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:38 am

Fabulous book!

When I was in the Al Mann "thinktank," Al was still visiting Billie Dunninger.
Al loved Dunninger and referenced him many times.
and now, on with the show ...