Quarter Pounder by R. Paul Wilson

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
Richard W
Global Moderator

Quarter Pounder by R. Paul Wilson

Post by Richard W » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:02 pm

This looks interesting maybe. :mrgreen:

Quarter Pounder by R. Paul Wilson (US Quarter)
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10761

Also available in UK 10p Coin
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11667

"For years, I've carried something in my pocket, something I didn't share with other magicians. It'll fool you, and it'll fool your friends." -R. Paul Wilson

"What a great piece to have in your pocket. It’s an impromptu looking home run with endless possibilities."
Chris Korn

"Quarter Pounder is great. Paul Wilson is too clever by half."
Max Maven

"It’s one of the cleverest gimmick I ever seen in coin magic!"
Juan Luis Rubiales

I don't know what's more impressive, just how clever this new gimmick is, or that Paul Wilson managed to keep it a secret this long -- I couldn't have!

With just a few coins, you'll be able to do the most jaw-dropping miracles. This gaff is built to last forever, and make miracles easy to perform.

We did an early release at Magic Live and it sold out completely. We still have a limited supply online, so get yours soon.

I'm dumbstruck that nobody thought of this before. You're going to love Quarter Pounder.

Acar
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

ØyvindK

Re: Quarter Pounder by R. Paul Wilson

Post by ØyvindK » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:52 am

Yes, looks interesting. However, it appears this is actually not new at all, it was invented by Steve Duscheck back in the early nineties, and published by him under the name "Hybrid Coin" (at least when it comes to the gimmick itself, the routine is probably not the same).

Whether it is easy enough to perform for one (like me), that isn't skilled with good sleight of hand, I'm not sure.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Re: Quarter Pounder by R. Paul Wilson

Post by Richard W » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Well first of all never said this was the first time something like this was used. Dusheck made a similar gimmick in the 80's but wasn't used like this apparently. Someone posted they have and used Dushecks but bought this new version "because it is just so much better."

This does not require good sleight of hand to perform anyone can do this.

Wizards Reviews loves this one and give it a 92 out of 100 points that is pretty good. ;)

You can see the review starting around 6:00 in the review video below.

https://youtu.be/YTj-uhHqZ5E

If this sucked it wouldn't have sold so well at Magic Live and Wizards Reviews wouldn't have gave it as 92 rating.

Plus you now can choose between a US Quarter or a UK coin that makes a huge difference to some. :)

If you suck at sleight of hand you need something like this. :lol:

Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"