themagicgadgetsite

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

themagicgadgetsite

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:11 am

Anyone else having problems with this website? I'm unable to view it for a few days now. Hopefully everything is OK with Rod.

kellebotond
Charter Member

Re: themagicgadgetsite

Post by kellebotond » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:34 am

Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:37 am

Well now it does for me too ... spooky!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:42 am

me too no problem for me actually, he just sent me a message: PS Many new items added to the website lately, you may want to take a look!
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 am

Jaime C. wrote:PS Many new items added to the website lately, you may want to take a look!
Yes, the day before yesterday I bought the Monte trick by Royal because he was so enthousiastic about it. Very curious about how the cards are gimmicked ... .You can't go wrong with Rod, very honest guy in his discriptions.
Just in time it seems, the website is unavailable again for me! Wtf ... ?!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 am

Yes, thanks for reminding me of this site, my wallet is much lighter again :-| Ordered Menta Marvel and some strange looking Tricks. Co tricks. And, no regret at all!
And David, thought about ordering Color Monte too, so I am curious what's your opinion about it when you've received it!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:30 am

I will post my review :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:11 am

I received this trick last week.

While the principle used is nothing really new it is the first time I see it used with a card effect like this. It works and when performed right you have a wonderfull illusion in your hands! The quality of the materials is ok.

The handling of the cards is, well, akward. It will require quite a lot of practice to do fluently and to get everything aligned properly!
And that's an issue for me ... . I can do a decent Three-Card-Monte effect with basic sleight of hand, it really isn't that hard. With all the 'fumbling' you need to do to accomplish this gimmicked Monte it almost seems harder to do then the regular version! Don't get me wrong, there isn't any real sleight of hand involved, but there is one step that does require your attention do do fluently which isn't exactly 'self-working'. I find the description on the package misleading for that reason. It sais 'self working 'however in the manual they clearly say you need to practicie a lot to do it fluently! :roll:

In other words, I'll probably stick to my basic color monte and this one will end up in the drawer, but perhaps I'm being a bit too harsh and I sould give it a try ... .

So yes, very neat routine and extremely baffling (it does look like real magic!) when performed right, but for laymen a basic monte is sufficient and perhaps even easier to accomplish for the magician.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:41 am

OK David, that's a clear story. Yes, some sleights actually take weeks of practice to do them fluently, like the Hammann count, and then you have to keep on practicing them. But your review let's me decide to pass this one :-)