Impossible Object : The Inspiring Bottle

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
VictorS

Impossible Object : The Inspiring Bottle

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:41 am

Hi guys, just want to share my latest hobby and patience exercise. I call it The Inspiring Bottle. It`s not as perfect as the professional Jamie D. Grant`s Impossible Bottle but I think it is not bad for my first start. Try to make one and have fun with the challenge guys ! :)

Here is some short story behind the bottle :

THE DEVIL`S DECK in The Inspiring Bottle. This unique world famous marked deck which described in The Tarbell Course In Magic Vol. 8 by Dr. Harlan Eugine Tarbell (1890-1960) who was as American stage magician and illustrator of the early 20th century. This deck came as one of the inspiring bottle version in a beautiful olive oil bottle. The left side of the classic Bicycle playing card box was cut off in order to show the remarkable principle of The Devil`s Deck. All cards are arranged in perfect order in the box and sealed by original Bicycle cellophane. My wish is to keep this historical magic invention alive and to keep inspiring magicians and all people around the world.

Size: Height: 27 cm; Diameter of the bottle neck: 2,5 cm

Short history of impossible bottle:
The art of Inspiring Bottle was invented by Mr. Harry Eng (The Master Of Impossible Bottle) who started to create new art of impossibility. The most challenging part of inspiring bottle is how to put object/s THROUGH THE NECK of the bottle in the perfect condition WITHOUT CUTTING the bottom of the bottle, BLOWING the bottle around the object or ALTERING the bottle. It seems very impossible because the size of object itself is much bigger than the bottle neck. Although this is not a magic trick, this bottle itself seems to be very magical and inspiring. It could be a perfect gift for someone special in the special occasion and also could be a good opportunity to start communication with people who interested in the bottle. In addition every bottle comes with elegant inspiring quote which can motivate and inspire everyone who was amazed looking at the bottle.

Cheers,
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Impossible Object : The Inspiring Bottle

Post by SimonC » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 am

Cooooooooool!! Are you going to sell these? It's brilliant. It looks like a clever marking system too.
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:08 am

This reminds me of the arrow right through a Cola bottle... Yes more a puzzle than a magic trick know... Fascinating!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 am

Cool topic! Victor, there was a write up about these impossible bottles in one of the past Genii Magazines (maybe last year).

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 pm

SimonC wrote:Cooooooooool!! Are you going to sell these? It's brilliant. It looks like a clever marking system too.
Thanks Simon for the compliment. I appreciate this. I try to sell it locally, the interest was very high at the beginning but as you see this product is a nice to see product but not nice to have or buy. If you are interested, as good friend, I prefer to trade instead of sell.

If you want to see more detail about the marking system, it described in the Tarbell Series vol. 8. Every cards were marked at the edge of the cards. If you don`t have the book, I can scan this section for you. I think this could be a good solution to show that every cards are in perfect order.

By the way, I admire also your laser works on Tenyo stuff. Really cool and keep continue the great work Simon !

Interested to trade my friend ? :D

Victor

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Rob Rand wrote:This reminds me of the arrow right through a Cola bottle... Yes more a puzzle than a magic trick know... Fascinating!
Thanks Rob, puzzles are very challenging, sometimes very boring but you get your own proud if you can solve it. Just like a happy student pass his math exam with A+

Talking about combination between puzzle and magic, this could be interesting. Maybe you knew it already.

mini version:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/merlin ... exclusive/
stage version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDRscxIAOF8

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:39 pm

John B. wrote:Cool topic! Victor, there was a write up about these impossible bottles in one of the past Weenie Magazines (maybe last year).
Yes John, thanks for the info. I read it also somewhere in the Magic magazine. It was also the great work of Jamie D. Grant.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:59 am

Very nice Victor :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:29 am

Cool project. I read the article in Genii too. I think it talks about the one of the originators Harry Eng.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Today I was very fortunate to receive, all the way from Jakarta, via Germany, my very own inspiring bottle, the only empty bottle I've ever been pleased to see. Well, it's almost empty... Except for the full deck of cards! I have been bamboozling my classes with it today, one was lucky enough to be present at the unboxing ceremony :) it's been amazing watching them all think laterally. If I showed them a picture of it they would say 'it's just photoshopped' but there's no escaping the puzzle when it's in front of their very eyes, there is a pack of cards inside that bottle, now go think!
It's brilliant, and I'm relieved to have got it home safely, it's travelled a long way. It now sits atop my beloved magic cabinet, far from the reach of the mystic ruby and his insatiable curiosity.
Thank you Victor for a truly inspiring bottle, I would nightly recommend getting one, you'll never run out of conversation next time you have people over!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:17 pm

I've also just begun making my own devils deck as per the instructions on the card, truly an inspiring bottle :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Very cool Simon! And it forces you to think outside the well known cadres! Did your students succeed in finding a way out (or in) ?

And kudos to Victor! I am also a brainteasers collector so I love these puzzles!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:36 pm

No one worked it out, some began thinking in the right way. There are almost 100 children who have coming up with a possible solution for the inspiring bottle as their homework!
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:49 pm

SimonC wrote:No one worked it out, some began thinking in the right way. There are almost 100 children who have coming up with a possible solution for the inspiring bottle as their homework!
That is a great teaching project. The direction teaching is going is to teach students how to perform higher level thinking (rather than just remembering things) and this is perfect.

To get 100 students inspired to do something is very, very difficult.

Good job Simon and Victor.

It makes me want to get back into teaching, NOT!!! :lol:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:55 pm

it's been an unexpectedly good Monday, and victors bottle helped with my cabinet withdrawal.
teachings a funny one, there are so many obstacles to simply teaching and inspiring young people. the kids are great it's the adults that make it complicated. magic is a great teaching tool, especially for creative thinking. that's the cause supported by JJ Abrams mystery box, encouraging kids to be more than a generic sausage.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 pm

john, there's a few teachers/ex teachers in the forum, how's about we start up our own hogwarts / professor x's school for the gifted :)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 pm

My devils deck is complete! Thank you victor for introducing me to such a devious method :) I've been admiring my bottle some more this evening, it's such a great thing to own, I find myself staring at it all the time. It's a beautiful thing, as the card says it's a masterpiece :) well done again victor
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:07 am

Dear Simon,

glad to hear that the package landed safely in Essex after we went through many possibilities for the delivery. At the end I would say, I`m very2 happy to hear that you manage to pick up the package and everything is in perfect condition. In addition, your action in the school was really2 great and unexpected to me. I`m very surprise (in positive way) and never thought that you will unpack the package at school :) Very cool idea. Wow....you really made my day Simon.

This is also the idea behind on how to inspire people through this bottle. That`s why I named it "The Inspiring Bottle". I`m really touched by your action Simon and I really appreciate all positive feedback from all of your students. Please send my regards to your students and colleagues and wish them a very good luck and lot of fun if they want to start to create their own inspiring bottle.

John Mazza was right, this one of the excellent ways to develop people (in hard skills and soft skills). If you look into the small cards that I hang on the neck of the bottle, it is not only an advertizing card but it is an important part of the bottle. There you can find there the inspiring quote behind this art :

The art of "Inspiring Bottle" is the art of combining Motivation, Attitude, Skill, Talent, Emotion, Realistic way of thinking, Passion, spirit to Improve, Experiences, Creativity & Excellence achievement to create a MASTERPIECE.

By the way Simon, thanks a lot for the nice pics, I really appreciate that. Hope people can enjoy the impossibility and inspired by the inspiring quote behind it.

Big hugs my friend and thanks for everything Simon !

Victor :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:41 am

Rob Rand wrote:Very cool Simon! And it forces you to think outside the well known cadres! Did your students succeed in finding a way out (or in) ?

And kudos to Victor! I am also a brainteasers collector so I love these puzzles!
Thanks Rob....try to find old playing cards and a bottle then start to make one. :) sure you will have fun. Good luck Rob ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 am

Hey Jamie, I just got this link from theory 11, thought you may like it :)
https://store.theory11.com/products/mystery-bottle
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:48 am

Did you mean Hey Victor, Simon :) ? Interesting ads, it is a great work from Jamie D. Grant. I just found similar milk bottle in Ikea. I will start with my next project. Thanks for sharing.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:06 am

sorry victor I confused myself because the guy who made the bottle was called Jamie, I'd literally just woken up ;) looks cool doesn't it. I've just finished redecorating my living room and yours sits proudly on display :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:21 am

SimonC wrote:sorry victor I confused myself because the guy who made the bottle was called Jamie, I'd literally just woken up ;) looks cool doesn't it. I've just finished redecorating my living room and yours sits proudly on display :)
No problem Simon....It could happen to me also :) Wow...what a great honor to have my bottle in your living room. Thanks. I will work on my new bottle below. It will be very challenging to insert all stuff into it ,because the bottle is not as tall as the previous one but the good thing is the diameter of the neck is bigger. Will let you know if I succeed the next project. ;)

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:38 pm

I would like to have a go at this but dont have good dexterity and even worse not a lot of patience.i have seen a short video of this and it could take a while.I am home all day(retired)so i will get all the items and implements and have a go.Most prob get a lot greyer than i am now
Peter :D

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:57 am

Pete1805 wrote:I would like to have a go at this but dont have good dexterity and even worse not a lot of patience.i have seen a short video of this and it could take a while.I am home all day(retired)so i will get all the items and implements and have a go.Most prob get a lot greyer than i am now
Peter :D
Totally agree with you Pete, all you need to do this is 2 or more step ahead of thinking, considering the risk you will face after you put the object into the bottle and reconstruct it back to the original shape. And as you said a good mood and patience to do this. It will drive you crazy once the object landed in the bottle but you forgot one step of the process. :D