Izzy Jay

After being approved to join this forum your first post should be a short profile about you and your Tenyo
Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Izzy Jay

Post by Izzy Jay » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi,
My name's Izzy, I'm from New York. I've been doing
magic for a couple of years now, mostly close-up.

My entry into the world of magic was the typical story. Like every other kid I was always fascinated by magic. It was just funny seeing adults not being able to figure out a trick performed by a 10 year old. Anyway, my fathers volunteers for an organization that provides entertainment for children in hospitals. And well, wanting to follow in his footsteps I looked for something I can do, so I started with magic. From all the brands of magic that I use in my performances, Tenyo is my favorite. The same goes for the children that watch my performances. There's something in Tenyo that grabs a kids attention better and faster than many other brands of magic.
I also started collecting Tenyo a few years ago. John Mazza has helped me get my hands on quite a few rare Tenyo magic tricks and was always available to answer my questions on anything Tenyo. Thanks to him I have a sizable collection of old and new Tenyo magic.

I look forward to being part of the community here.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Izzy Jay

Post by JohnM » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Welcome aboard Izzy.

Yes, I agree that lay people are drawn to Tenyo. I had my intense slot car buddy over the other day for lunch. We looked at and talked slot cars for many hours. No racing because my track is half built because of my bad case of Tenyoitis. Just before he left he said he wanted to see my magic. He knows I still love the slot cars but wanted to see what has kept me away from racing. I must admit (please don't scold me) I showed him one mechanical gimmick to give him an idea of why we love this stuff so much. He was very impressed and interested which surprised me. He then looked at my collection and pointed right to the Haunting saying, "let me see that one." My friend is an antique hunter and goes to a lot of shows, flea markets and garage sales. I gave him a quick education on small box, blister on cards and special packages and I told him what to look for. So now I have another "finder" working to find stuff for us. I think he will come up with some good stuff because he is out and about looking for stuff all the time.

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Thank You! Sorry for not joining earlier.

As for your friend, cool! It can't to hurt to have another pair of eyes looking around. What do they say? "The more the merrier". I'm still looking for a few Tenyo effects myself. Haven't really had too much spare time lately. Money is getting harder to come by these days. ;)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:56 pm

I just listed 38 items in the Buy/Sell section of this Forum.

Most are $15 or less.

Now that you are a Charter Member you should be able to see it.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... f=16&t=182

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:12 am

Welcome Izzy, glad to have you aboard!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:51 am

Ahoy hoy Izzy! Nice to meet you sir. Great name by the way, ever thought of marrying into johns family?
Izzy Mazza sounds like an international scrabble champion ;)
Now you see me...

Peter G
Charter Member

Post by Peter G » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:41 am

Hi Izzy,

Welcome to this great board!

Peter

Izzy Jay
Charter Member

Post by Izzy Jay » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:52 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. And Simon I must admit Izzy Mazza is quite a tongue twister. I think I'll stick with Izzy Jay for now. ;)

Per-Aage
Charter Member

Post by Per-Aage » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:22 am

Welcome Izzy Jay :)

Great to have you in this Tenyo forum !

Per-Aage
- Its nice to be important, but its more important to be Nice !