T-226 President's Cabinet

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-226 President's Cabinet

10 One of the Best
11%
09 Superior
6%
08 Excellent
33%
07 Very Good
17%
06 Pretty Good
28%
05 Good
6%
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 18

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

T-226 President's Cabinet

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:37 am

Name: President's Cabinet

T-Number: T-226

Inventor: Shigeru Sugawara

Year: 2006

PICTURES of T-226 President's Cabinet

VIDEO of T-226 President's Cabinet

T-226 President's Cabinet on PLANET TENYO

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: T-226 President's Cabinet

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:10 am

I really like this trick. It's easy to do and the mechanism involved is very precisely build. Perhaps not the most baffling illusion but it works pretty well for laymen.

The only downside is that is uses, for me at least, foreign curreny. This always looks a bit odd and suspicious for my audience.

Nonetheless a trick every Tenyo collector should have. They are becoming tough to find so if you want one now is the time to buy.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:50 am

Indeed a very nice trick this one! for me this is a classic tenyo it harks back to the days of lancelot,mirage and all the other plastic treats we used to get,i have the us version of this and David you are right it is becoming harder and harder to find!.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:15 am

im glad I got one of these a few years back. a nice little novelty, not so much a trick but a bit of fun. and we all need a bit of fun :)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:26 am

It looks like Trisector without the folding of the bill and loading it into the box. It's just faster. As long as you're using 'Murican-money

But as David pointed out--foreign currency. Not sure if you can use other bills like Trisector can.

Is it fair to say that Trisector is better? Or do they bear more differences that it's not fair to compare?

Other than that, the trick looks fun--especially making the face of the bill wear a top hat. I think it's funny.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:16 am

Brett, as far as I know you can not change the gimmick without damaging the apparatus unfortunately. I have it lying in front of me and the outer 'shell' is glued together, and impossible to open. You could try to paste the 'head' of another bill in the litle window (if the head fits), but even then I don't know if it would work as fluently as it is supposed to.
For that reason, for us, Trisector is perhaps better. Also, Trisector is more clever, the mechanism is completely different, although the depth of the box gives it more or less away.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:21 pm

This is a nice trick. I was so fortunate/clever to buy it a few years ago for the normal price at Magicshop.nl. And I see that they don't sell it anymore.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:17 pm

I like this trick as well. It's small so that you can take it with you and what happens is something that people are not expecting. A little offbeat and different.
Here's the patter that I like to use for this trick:
Many people don't know this but George Washington always wanted to be a magicians. Sometime he'd dress up as a magician and start to practice (insert bill in case) but never had a chance to become a real magician because war was always calling. Than one day when the war was over he finally had a chance to practice and he finally became a real magician. (Show George is now really wearing costume). But then of course he was elected president and magic went by the wayside again. (Show George no longer a magician)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Elliot W. wrote:I like this trick as well. It's small so that you can take it with you and what happens is something that people are not expecting. A little offbeat and different.
Here's the patter that I like to use for this trick:
Many people don't know this but George Washington always wanted to be a magicians. Sometime he'd dress up as a magician and start to practice (insert bill in case) but never had a chance to become a real magician because war was always calling. Than one day when the war was over he finally had a chance to practice and he finally became a real magician. (Show George is now really wearing costume). But then of course he was elected president and magic went by the wayside again. (Show George no longer a magician)
What a nice patter Elliot.....thanks for sharing it with us :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks Elliot!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:38 am

What I love about focus on Tenyo is it makes me rediscover the tricks I have. I haven't taken PC out for ages and I've just been playing with it again :)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:34 pm

thinking about elliots suggestion, could we take the concept further...
george washington wasnt only the first president of the USA, he was also a magician...
You borrow a dollar, get it signed (on the portion visible in the middle section of trisector) hen take them on a tour of all of georges feats...
Presidents cabinet - George becomes a magician
Trisector - cut in three and restored
Knife of the Ninja - impossible penetration
fadeaway case - vanishing act
origami tube - contortionism
cloud money - levitation
billscape - grand finale, escapology

their bill might end up a bit knackered but it would be great to take something of theirs on an adventure then hand it back to them, what a great souvenir! "here's where i signed it, and here's where it got pierced..."
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:26 pm

That's great! A whole magic show starring George Washington.
Now can you come up with another category for Mirage?
Also many magician's like to make a grand entrance like appearing out of an empty box. Maybe George can make a grand entrance from an empty envelope (Clear Surprise). Although I guess you couldn't borrow the dollar if you did that.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Good shout, you could maybe vanish him in a reverse ghost pet, call it George's coffin, roll him up, pop him in then make his ghost raise the box up then drop and open to show he's vanished. They may not be happy about their dollar disappearing tho, you'd have to steal it away again and make it reappear ;)
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:06 pm

This is one of my favourites....one of the few Tenyo's that I have a spare......first time I saw it I thought: "OK this is very easy you just need a fake head......".....but ......when I start thinking how this is accomplished with the tiny apparatus supplied......well.....then I started scratching my head.

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:38 pm

I recently purchased this one and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival. I LOVE this one. The apparatus is so clever because the dirty move is over long before anyone expects a dirty move. No matter how hard I think about it, I just can't seem to fully understand how the mechanics could work.

Very excited!

JamesMA

Post by JamesMA » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 pm

One of my Tenyo favorites (yes, I have many favorites)...its such goofy fun!
I love to patter about George being a magician...I have alot of fun with this one..

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:05 pm

One of my absolute favorites. You're a step ahead of the audience which is why it's so dang fooling! By the time they are looking for something fishy, the work is done! To me, this is one of the best tenyo of all time and I'm surprised it isn't more popular than it is.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Agree.....one of the few Tenyo's that I have a spare.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:58 pm

I really want to like this one. It looks fun and completely goofy. But the effect looks SO TINY.

I just need another 'bill' trick.

However, I will askquestions nyway:

Are there any fragility issues? Does it travel okay (I'm thinking of 'Ghost Card' when I ask this). And can someone else make Washington's head bob up and down? Or does the magician need to be in control the entire time?
Where's my colon?!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Brett H wrote:I really want to like this one. It looks fun and completely goofy. But the effect looks SO TINY.

Are there any fragility issues? Does it travel okay (I'm thinking of 'Ghost Card' when I ask this). And can someone else make Washington's head bob up and down? Or does the magician need to be in control the entire time?
Not fragile at all. Travels well. No parts that could shift or anything. You could move the head down and then allow the spectator to move the head back up if you wanted.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:45 pm

MadisonPresents wrote:
Brett H wrote:I really want to like this one. It looks fun and completely goofy. But the effect looks SO TINY.

Not fragile at all. Travels well. No parts that could shift or anything. You could move the head down and then allow the spectator to move the head back up if you wanted.

Looks good so far!

Thank you very much!
Where's my colon?!

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Sold on eBay for 760 pounds 😮 I find it hard to believe

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tenyo-Magic-Pra ... 7675.l2557