T-228 4-Dimensional Trunk

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-228 4-Dimensional Trunk

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
14%
08 Excellent
43%
07 Very Good
14%
06 Pretty Good
29%
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 14

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Name: 4-Dimensional Trunk

T-Number: T-228

Inventor: J C Doty

Year: 2006

PICTURES of T-228 4-Dimensional Trunk

VIDEO of T-228 4-Dimensional Trunk

T-228 4-Dimensional Trunk on PLANET TENYO
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: T-228 4-Dimensional Trunk

Post by SimonC » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Some weirdo posted this version

Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 am

SimonC wrote:Some weirdo posted this version

The first 7 secs fooled me... ;) Great Job Simon !!

Shan

Post by Shan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:06 pm

im guessing the bag itself is another trick simon?
but good idea! i like the stand for the case so you have your hands free!:)

I rated it high, LOVE IT!
very clever gimmick, dont know if the gimmick is invented by tenyo, but very very good indeed
i wonder if the "thing" will wear out after a lot of use....it would suck

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:07 pm

This is one of those 'I swear I'm going to get this in the near future' tricks for me. The trick itself is a stumper (for me, at least). But I think it's best to use as a lead-up to another trick that has a part that can fit in the gimmick.
Last edited by Brett H on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Vanishing point mate :)
Shan the bag is a normal bag, I just use invisible balls, I have a large stock of them if you want some just let me know
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:18 pm

SimonC wrote:Vanishing point mate :)
Shan the bag is a normal bag, I just use invisible balls, I have a large stock of them if you want some just let me know
I looked up the routine using vanishing point. And it's a brilliant combo. I'm not sure if you can fit the lightbulb from Ghost Lamp in there...but if it could; another combo
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 pm

I'm glad to get this prop traded with Simon. Thanks again mate. Looking more detail into the material and construction , Tenyo made a great project for this. JohnM adviced me once to get one of this 4D trunk and he was right. Thanks. As Shan informed previously,we need to consider the storing of the gimmick which is very important. I'm not sure if we should also consider room temperature also. But overall it is a great invention.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:24 am

This is one great litle trick. The only reason I do not perform this one often (although there are some great routines and alternative handlings for it) it I am afraid the foam will not work properly anymore after heavy use.
It's one of the tricks I still need to buy a spare one for, or two. They are still easy available but once it gets discontinued it will be one of the more sought after pieces because this fits into a professional magicians repertoire too.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:15 am

Is there a way to replace the fabric in case it gets too loose?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:29 am

Now THAT is an interesting question Roberto! Just asked the misses and she looked at the 4D-trunk and said that kind of elastic fabric is for sure available in sewing/fabric shops.
However taking a closer look at the back of the litle suitcase it seems (close to) impossible to replace it ... .

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:16 pm

How about some sort of spray to tighten it up? Perhaps even water and let it dry?
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Eventually the fabric well get 'worn out'. And according to the laws of chemistry and physics there's nothing you can do about it. I won't go into more detail here unless you want me too, which I don't recommend ;)

It's like an elastic band that is wrapped around a bundel of paper. When it is 'stretched out' for a period of time it will brake and/or stretch. So the only thing you can do to keep the elastic property in 4D-trunk is not to 'load' objects that are too bulky and don't leave them in place for too long.

By the way, after reading this thread and playing with my 4D-trunk this afternoon I realized this can be (more or less) be used as a switching device for cards. It's less 'devious' as a normal card change box or himber wallet but it works and with a 'traveling/vacation' theme it would do very well.
However, I just tried this and it only works with bridge sized cards (and it works perfectly I may add), regular poker size is too big.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:00 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Eventually the fabric well get 'worn out'. And according to the laws of chemistry and physics there's nothing you can do about it. I won't go into more detail here unless you want me too, which I don't recommend ;)

It's like an elastic band that is wrapped around a bundel of paper. When it is 'stretched out' for a period of time it will brake and/or stretch. So the only thing you can do to keep the elastic property in 4D-trunk is not to 'load' objects that are too bulky and don't leave them in place for too long.

By the way, after reading this thread and playing with my 4D-trunk this afternoon I realized this can be (more or less) be used as a switching device for cards. It's less 'devious' as a normal card change box or himber wallet but it works and with a 'traveling/vacation' theme it would do very well.
However, I just tried this and it only works with bridge sized cards (and it works perfectly I may add), regular poker size is too big.

That's the big thing that's holding me back from getting this trick. I want to get something that will last and not break even if I'm super careful with it.
And that stinks because this is a good one with a lot of potential.
Where's my colon?!