T-190 Bio Shock

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

T-190 Bio Shock

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
No votes
08 Excellent
10%
07 Very Good
30%
06 Pretty Good
20%
05 Good
10%
04 OK
10%
03 Not So Good
20%
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 10

JohnM
Site Admin

T-190 Bio Shock

Post by JohnM » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Name: Bio Shock

T-Number: T-190

Inventor: Kenichi Komiya

Year: 2001

PICTURES of T-190 Bio Shock

VIDEO of T-190 Bio Shock

T-190 Bio Shock on PLANET TENYO

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: T-190 Bio Shock

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Definitely one if Tenyo's more unique tricks. The reactions I get from this one vary widely. I'll get anything from "meh" to "cool!" to "ewwww gross!"

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:13 pm

Take this with a bit of salt, as I don't own one. I'm going off of the video that Mr. Mazza has so kindly attached with the Tenyo information.

Here's the thing: this is a really iffy one for me. On one hand, it looks neat. But on the other hand, the effect seems to be shock-horror. At least, I've lumped it in the same category as Magician's Finger and OH NO!

It's just not up my alley at this point. I'm sure if I sat down and thought about it long enough (like Ghost Card), I could figure a more 'fun' and humorous way of utilizing simenof the more 'shock-based' Tenyo. At least where I'm at, I just can't get on board with Bio Shock.
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 pm

I was about to buy this trick but I skipped it but if I`m lucky enough, I will definitely get it someday. Bio Shock is unique and deliver a cool illusion if you perform it correctly. If you are type of person with long fingers, you will have an advantage to make the illusion looks more realistic. The cutting fingers action with the playing card is not impressive enough. It is still a good one although not the best.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Heh. You could use the 'saw' card from Ultraslice.

It's a bit skinnier than a playing card, but it would certainly get the point across.

Unless...we have a 'Mysterious Queen' Ace on our hands--or through them.

Crap, now I'm trying to figure it out. I don't want it. But now my mind is thinking, 'How does one 'Bio Shock'?'
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:55 pm

Yeah, that's true. Nobody really believes the card acually cuts through your fingers. Maybe if there was a way to demonstrate how "sharp" the card is first. Perhaps use the card to cut the rope in pillars of thor first and them uae it in bio shock?

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:18 am

Nice surprising mini-pocket-illusion.

To me it's certainly no more shocking than sawing a woman in half/chainsaw/zig zag ... etc.

Seems like an aluminum-like strip, or thinner piece of plastic would be more effective to do the cutting would be more effective than a playing card.
and now, on with the show ...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:15 am

when I met john in London he bright this along with him, it was really cool to perform and we both looked at my hand and went 'woah that's pretty cool'. I'd already worked out how it worked (once I'd come to the realisation that my fingers are not detachable there were only a few options)
there's a magic set in the UK called freaky body illusions which has a whole bunch of similar tricks.
you could make bio shock a sucker trick by ditching the card part as that's not fooling anyone and starting with a set of fake fingers hidden under the cloth. perform the effect with them poking out and hopefully speccy will be smug and point out the plastic fingers. you could comedicaly drop them into the table at that point. so you pick them up and turn your back (ditch the plastic and set up with your real ones) turn around and say you hadn't finished the trick so just bear with you a and pretend you didn't notice the fake fingers. snap the fingers off again (this time real ones) and wave them about a bit. Now ask speccy to hold onto the ends of the fake fingers. as soon as they do twitch or wriggle them to freak them out! or if you aren't mean, and they think you just have some very convincing squishy fake fingers, get them to guide the broken fingers into place without letting go and the pull away the hanky so they can see there was no switch.
I'd love this trick as its a cool idea, but it's always very expensive for what it is. having tried it out, I'm giving it a 7. it would be higher if the card part was better thought out.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:48 am

Cool idea Simon.

This has never been a favourite of mine, though when performed right it does have a 'hey, that's weird'-moment, but nothing more than that.

6/10

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:52 am

The original prototype by Komiya did not have a playing card--that was added later in the development process.

The Freaky Body Illusions magic set is by Marvin's Magic.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:50 am

Thanks Richard,
I think that a flexible piece of same-size, thinnish silver plastic (or black) might have been a more effective choice for this effect.
and now, on with the show ...