T-106 Ribbon Forever

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-106 Ribbon Forever

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
No votes
08 Excellent
40%
07 Very Good
30%
06 Pretty Good
30%
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 10

JohnM
Site Admin

T-106 Ribbon Forever

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Name: Ribbon Forever

T-Number: T-106

Inventor: Keiji Takahashi

Year: 1980

PICTURES of T-106 Ribbon Forever

VIDEO of T-106 Ribbon Forever by Magic Patagonia

T-106 Ribbon Forever on PLANET TENYO

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: T-106 Ribbon Forever

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:36 am

I like the thinking behind this trick but I've never been able to perform it properly as in the instructions. When pulling the ribbon i find it tends to slide around a lot throwing off the illusion. The timing also has to be exact. Perhaps with enough practice I could have gotten it working right but I think it would have benefited from having some sort of guides for the ribbon.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Elliot W. wrote:I like the thinking behind this trick but I've never been able to perform it properly as in the instructions. When pulling the ribbon i find it tends to slide around a lot throwing off the illusion. The timing also has to be exact. Perhaps with enough practice I could have gotten it working right but I think it would have benefited from having some sort of guides for the ribbon.
If you do it as shown in the video, it works quite well - a very clever trick principle !
A tremendously effective deception precisely because of his inconspicuousness design

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:46 am

Doing it as in the video is not easy! I remember Roberto (who performs in the video) telling us he had to go to the store to buy extra ribbon because it took him A LOT of try outs before it worked smoothly :)

I agree with Elliot - it's a very clever principle and if it works it's quite baffling, but it's a bit hit or miss when performing, at least for me.

A great collector item, but not something most of us will perform very often I think.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:23 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Doing it as in the video is not easy! I remember Roberto (who performs in the video) telling us he had to go to the store to buy extra ribbon because it took him A LOT of try outs before it worked smoothly :)
I remember that! :)
I was so angry that I ran out of ribbon before achieving a good shoot .