T-233 Animation Frame

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-233 Animation Frame

10 One of the Best
6%
09 Superior
6%
08 Excellent
25%
07 Very Good
13%
06 Pretty Good
19%
05 Good
13%
04 OK
19%
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 16

JohnM
Site Admin

T-233 Animation Frame

Post by JohnM » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Name: Animation Frame

T-Number: T-233

Inventor: Tomoaki Masuda

Year: 2009

JohnM
Site Admin

PICTURES of T-233 Animation Frame

Post by JohnM » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:17 pm

t233-frontplus.jpg
t233-back.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

VIDEOS for T-233 Animation Frame

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Is there any other Tenyo trick with such a big difference between the Japanese and rest of the world versión? (without counting all the money tricks)

By far in this case I prefer the Japanese version

Here is what it looks to be the official Tenyo demo video of the Japanese version:

Here is the SEO demo of the "rest of the world" versión:

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: T-233 Animation Frame

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:19 pm

I find this trick gets pretty good reactions especially from kids who relate to the Pinocchio Character (Japanese version of course). No one I have tried this on has figured out how it works.

The way I usually present it is I take out the red bag and tell everyone that inside I have a lie detector. I take it out and show the back first while explaining that this device can automatically tell me if they are lying or telling the truth. After they are wondering what sort of sophisticated contraption is in there, I turn it over to show a familiar face. I the ask some questions and depending on whether they tell the truth Pinocchio's nose will grow or shrink.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 am

I wasn't sold on this trick when it came out but the more I watch it the more it grows on me. I think because logically there's only one way it can work there was no mystery for me but I can imagine it plays out nicely and the apparatus look nice too.
Is the gimmick end easy to spot on the picture?
I love the idea of using it as a lie detector
There are a few on eBay but it seems a little pricey, if anyone has a used one give me a shout.
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 am

The gimmick blends in very nicely into the picture and is not easy to see in my opinion.
The truth is everyone really guesses how it works. That's why they are so surprised when you take out the picture and hand to them.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:39 pm

SimonC wrote:I wasn't sold on this trick when it came out but the more I watch it the more it grows on me. I think because logically there's only one way it can work there was no mystery for me but I can imagine it plays out nicely and the apparatus look nice too.
Is the gimmick end easy to spot on the picture?
I love the idea of using it as a lie detector
There are a few on eBay but it seems a little pricey, if anyone has a used one give me a shout.
This item is still available on a lot of magic websites. for instance Themagicwarehouse:
http://themagicwarehouse.com/TA2405/Ani ... Tenyo.html

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: T-233 Animation Frame Videos

Post by JohnM » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Roberto B. wrote:Is there any other Tenyo trick with such a big difference between the Japanese and rest of the world versión? (without counting all the money tricks)

By far in this case I prefer the Japanese version.
Yes this trick comes in two completely different versions.

The Japanese version uses the officially licensed Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket.

The English version uses a generic Pinocchio and Cricket.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:59 am

I prefer the look of the English version purely because by seeing the Disney picture, a spectator is more likely to think 'toy' before anything else. I can imagine the other one would look really nice if the frame was art worked to look like real wood, or if the gimmick allowed, laminated with thin strips of real wood. It would open it up to have more of a story I feel.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:11 am

I'm surprised almost no handlings/routines or suggestions have been made for this effect. Elliot is the first one as far as I know :) Big thanks Elliot !

I think this is a good 'quick' trick, but not comparable to Floating Lady which was more ingenious. I can't really say more about it because as far as I remember I have never actually performed it. Combining it with other tricks, thus using it as a lie-detector as Elliot sais is a good idea.
I can think of a routine with many mentalism effects, especially with children this could work great. Why not use it with the new MRI for example. Or Diabolicus, or even Unusual Suspects and make the spectator an accomplice of the robber ... .

Because I didn't perform it often but I can imagine when you perform it a lot there will eventually be some scratches on the sides of the clear plastic. Not as important as with the plastic from Wonder Wiindow or Billscape for example but nonetheless it could happen.
John, I know you have talked about a special chemical you can use to protect plastic plates against scratches or you can use it to mask or even remove exsisting scratches. I don't remember the name of the product however and don't know if it can be applied to the plastic clear frame in Animation Frame because you can't take it apart ... .

One more thing, this trick does require a bit of practice to do it fluently.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:50 am

I use Novus Plastic Polishes on my slot cars and Tenyo magic.

It comes in three formulas that you are supposed to step through
3 is a white paste like a compound (start)
2 is a brown paste like a wax
1 is a clear liquid like a finishing cleaner (end)

It is good to use to restore and clean Tenyo Magic Tricks.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:17 am

Thanks John. It is available on Ebay.co.uk so we Euopeans can buy it.

I agree the Japanese version does look prettier, but Simon has a point with the Pinokkio looking a bit 'tricky'.

Anyone tried yet to create a picture of his own or from a spectator with a 'modified' nose that works with Animation Frame? Artists like Simon should be able to do that! This should get a smile on your spectator's face I think :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:12 am

Ooh, now I'm interested. I'm not 100% on the gimmick so wasn't sure if that was possible but that would be a killer if it was a hand drawn pic in a wooden frame....
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:13 am

Ok forget it ... boy am I dumb :ugeek: ! You can't change the picture without ripping the frame open of course! Or can you ... ? I don't have the trick with me actually, long time ago I used it ... :?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 am

I looked at a mod where the nose grew from a guys crotch, get it. :o :lol:

But alas it can't be done easily. :cry:

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:21 am

I can get some of the English version of the Animation Frame.

If anyone else wants one (or two) I can hopefully get them for you (I am not sure how many I can get).

They are $35 plus shipping (about $4 US and about $12 outside US).

I am going to get mine soon so if you are interested email or PM me.

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:43 pm

I've always been fascinated by this one. I'm not really sure why, I've just always found it appealing. I searched for one for quite some time (didn't want to pay $75+ for one.) I finally found one at a good price and snatched it up! It's waiting for me at my house. I can't wait to go home and play with it.

P.S. I have a presentational idea with it that I think will add a bit to it :)