T-130 Tricky Business

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-130 Tricky Business

10 One of the Best
18%
09 Superior
6%
08 Excellent
47%
07 Very Good
29%
06 Pretty Good
No votes
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 17

JohnM
Site Admin

T-130 Tricky Business

Post by JohnM » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:28 am

Name: Tricky Business

T-Number: T-130

Inventor: Hiroshi Kondo

Year: 1987

JohnM
Site Admin

PICTURES of T-130 Tricky Business

Post by JohnM » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:29 am

Roberto B.
Charter Member

VIDEO for T-130 Tricky Business

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:43 am

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Re: T-130 Tricky Business

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 am

One of my favourite Tenyo tricks!!

Rick

Post by Rick » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 pm

I purchased Trick Business this week from here at the Tenyo Magic site in the "buy Tenyo tricks" section. When I received it I realized that business card from the U.S. were smaller than the cards that came with the trick. So I drove over to Staples and had them cut me some blank cards in the correct size. When I got home I checked my Mobile Illusion and found that the cards are the exact same size for both tricks.

Its great, I can take a blank card and cut it in half. Repair it in the Mobile Illusion and then have the repaired card printed in the Tricky Business.

Just thought I would pass the information on to those who may not be aware of it!

Rick

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:16 pm

That is a great idea Rick, JohnM and JohnB are just busy with combining Tenyo tricks, see at Tenyo Eye Candy for some great videos.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 am

Roberto B. wrote:One of my favourite Tenyo tricks!!
Your videos of Tricky Business, Mobile Illusion, and Billscape fooled me. I have about 10 Tenyo tricks before I saw your videos. After watching your videos I wanted to buy these tricks no matter how much they cost. One purchase led to another until I was buying Tenyo tricks that I don't even like. Your videos are some of the reasons why I became a Tenyo collector.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:09 am

yes trouble is I have ended up the same BobD I have bought Tenyos that iam not so keen on,its the Tenyo disease lol!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:53 am

Before I met all you fen folk on the forum, I used to watch Roberto's videos too, I would always watch a trick I saw for sale and try and suss it out. If I couldn't I'd try and buy it. I also saw all of mazzas tenyo add-ons on eBay and robs homemade bare bones before the forum. And now here we all are!
I don't have tricky business but I've watched that video hundreds of times (usually when one comes up on eBay) if anyone has a spare for trade give me a shout :)
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:39 am

As this is one of my favourite Tenyo tricks (together with Mystery China Box) I rate it with a 10 ....yes it was me.......so, it would be interesting for me to hear the reasons why you guys consider that this one is not for a 10.....

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 am

send me your copy and ill let you know ;)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:37 pm

It's a great trick - basically Midas Machine but better: smaller, more deceptive, works with blanc cards, more routines possible.

Rick

Post by Rick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:34 am

Roberto B. wrote:As this is one of my favourite Tenyo tricks (together with Mystery China Box) I rate it with a 10 ....yes it was me.......so, it would be interesting for me to hear the reasons why you guys consider that this one is not for a 10.....
I admit I rated it a 9 but I cannot answer your question because I probably should have rated it a 10!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 am

I like Tricky Business but it uses a similar method to Midas Machine and Mobile Illusion and I like both of those tricks better. I like Midas Machine better because of the visual gradual transformation that happens right in front of the spectators eyes. And I like Mobile Illusion better I guess because restoring a cut card is just more interesting to me.
Having said that what I really like about Tricky Business is that it does not look as toyish as most other tenyos. I could definitely see it used in a business setting where, having run out of business cards you can just take out your mini printer and print some more.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:22 am

Tricky Business is an excellent piece but my problem with this trick is that it does not work all the time with the cards provided. Maybe it is because of the humidity in my country that makes the cards not stiff enough to work properly. I have tried it with smaller plastic coated cards and it works. One of these days I'll get plastic coated business cards of the right size so that I can do this trick regularly. Does your unit work consistently with the business cards provided or are you having problems with it too?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:54 am

BobD, I have the same problem :) Thanks for the suggestion using plastic coated cards, I will try that.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:02 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Rick wrote:I purchased Trick Business this week from here at the Tenyo Magic site in the "buy Tenyo tricks" section. When I received it I realized that business card from the U.S. were smaller than the cards that came with the trick. So I drove over to Staples and had them cut me some blank cards in the correct size. When I got home I checked my Mobile Illusion and found that the cards are the exact same size for both tricks.

Its great, I can take a blank card and cut it in half. Repair it in the Mobile Illusion and then have the repaired card printed in the Tricky Business.

Just thought I would pass the information on to those who may not be aware of it!

Rick
Hi Rick
I was reading back through the posts (as I'm new here) and see your brilliant idea of combining both tricks ,Mobile Illusion and Tricky business.
This will help with the fact they are both such quick tricks to perform (to quick)
It gives me ideas on how to extend further as I have two Mobile Illusion's, I will do your Routine and put the mobile illusion in the same pocket as I have the second one and end with the color changing lady, this will give the effect that there is no loading the mobile Illusion.
Thanks
Simon from Aus (but English)