T-105 Tunnel Of Darkness

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please rate T-105 Tunnel Of Darkness

10 One of the Best
20%
09 Superior
13%
08 Excellent
40%
07 Very Good
13%
06 Pretty Good
7%
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
7%
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 15

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

T-105 Tunnel Of Darkness

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:22 am

Name: Tunnel Of Darkness

T-Number: T-105

Inventor: Shigeru Sugawara

Year: 1980

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: T-105 Tunnel Of Darkness

Post by JohnM » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:39 am

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Rare version from Marvel Magic:

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Another excellent trick of the golden years of Tenyo.

I performed it two days ago for a friend who visited and it went extremely well. Ditching the gimmick on the lap (while seeting of course) proved to be the 'kicker ending' this item has. Let spectator examine cage and die and at the same time ditch the gimmick - just like the manual sais I believe. That makes it fully examinable.

I don't have any special routines with this one, I believe it's great as it is. You can of course change the dice with other objects that fit into the cage.

This would be a great item to be made 'Elite'/in wood.

The only thing I don't like with this effect is the way the tunnel looks. I would like it to be more 'classy' in stead of the toy-like appearance. But hey, we're talking about Tenyo and aren't they mostly 'toys for grown ups' afterall? ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:37 am

I was surprised to find out the method of this. it's such a great effect and I had something if an idea but it was great to finally have one in my hands.
I was discussing with john b how our very own Roberto's ingenious presentation of it is probably responsible for a large portion of the massive demand of this trick. I must have watched his clip 50 times before I joined this forum and was still scratching my head until a few months ago. I need a lot more practice to get That presentation nailed.
it's a great trick and a classic
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:40 am

Yeah, Roberto's presentation is great. I remember it caused quite a bit of controversy when it was first posted. I already had the trick but still had to watch the video a couple of times to figure out how he did it.

I was thinking a good companion for this might be Crash Dice. You can change the color of a die using Crash Dice and then change it back or to a different color using Tunnel of Darkness.

Shan

Post by Shan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Lol, same, I got this trick because of Roberto's YouTube video....
I wasn't disappointed though, I had a concept on how it's done but just didn't understand how he made it examinable... Still one of my favourite tricks

JamesMA

Post by JamesMA » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:52 pm

I was curious about this effect but I knew I would never pay the price it was going for.
Amazingly, I stumbled across the D.H. version for only 8.95$us. Needless to say, I would have been stupid not to buy it.

The instructions it came with are horrible but I managed to figure it out.

All in all, a neat little trick but not one of my favorites.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:54 pm

I believe that TOD is one of the best Tenyo tricks. I have done this many times and everyone seems to be astonished by this effect. I LOVE Roberto's presentation, although I simply slide a dice through the tube and when it is pulled to the other end, the die has vanished. (nothing in cage!)

I hand the cage to the spectator and then I hand the tube for examination. I think this to be an amazing presentation. To me, when a die changes colors, it seems easy to assume that two different dice are being used. When ONE die is used, and vanishes, the mystery (to me) seems impossible., especially when the cage, and tube may be examined.

Different strokes ... and so on, and so on ...
and now, on with the show ...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:56 am

BluBob wrote:I believe that TOD is one of the best Tenyo tricks. I have done this many times and everyone seems to be astonished by this effect. I LOVE Roberto's presentation, although I simply slide a dice through the tube and when it is pulled to the other end, the die has vanished. (nothing in cage!)

I hand the cage to the spectator and then I hand the tube for examination. I think this to be an amazing presentation. To me, when a die changes colors, it seems easy to assume that two different dice are being used. When ONE die is used, and vanishes, the mystery (to me) seems impossible., especially when the cage, and tube may be examined.

Different strokes ... and so on, and so on ...
Good point BluBob...another posibility: you start with the dice in the cage at one side.....and at the other side the dice comes out first from the tunnel and the the empty cage......will try it!

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:42 am

Thank you Roberto. I admire your work, so very much!

TOD just seems to be a stronger mystery when one die vanishes into thin air.

Where did it go? Only you know.
and now, on with the show ...

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Sun May 28, 2017 9:35 am

So, speaking of tunnel of darkness, I`ve been hunting for the marvel version as show in Roberto`s other video..I am happy to say I have one on the way I just BY CHANCE found of Amazon for $15....As soon as I get it I shall post pictures and a comparison.