T-114 Wonder Window

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-114 Wonder Window

10 One of the Best
6%
09 Superior
13%
08 Excellent
19%
07 Very Good
38%
06 Pretty Good
13%
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
13%
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 16

JohnM
Site Admin

T-114 Wonder Window

Post by JohnM » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Name: Wonder Window

T-Number: T-114

Inventor: Shigeru Sugawara

Year: 1982

PICTURES of T-114 Wonder Window

VIDEO of T-114 Wonder Window

T-114 Wonder Window on PLANET TENYO

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: T-114 Wonder Window

Post by JohnM » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Full Members of the forum can see the INSIDE TENYO — T-114 Wonder Window thread in Member Only Section>For Members Eyes Only.

INSIDE TENYO is a series dedicated to understanding and fixing certain Tenyo tricks.

You can see what an opened Wonder Window looks like and to get tips on how to perform the trick properly and protect it from breaking.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:40 am

I absolutely love this trick, for me it is the ultimate penetration frame, I actually prefer this trick to glass board and mystery triangle. mt is good but it is to small in my opinion. im a bit sad really as I ave a few copies of this trick lol, that's my compulsive side lol. :lol:

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Post by MerlinsMagicShopMike » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Not one of my favorite Tenyos,too gimmicky and fragile(I'm on my third one). Most people are amused by its cleverness but It's not really a fooler in my opinion. I have a much better glass penetration trick that is over 50 years old. Much harder to perform as it requires a lot of practice but all around a better presentation. I would put this one in the same category as Mirage and several other what I consider gimmicky tenyo tricks, clever but not a fooler.
Also fragile as is Mirage.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:55 am

I agree with Mike that you have to factor in the issues with the prop when rating it and comparing it to Mirage is very reasonable.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:52 am

I fully agree with Mike. Not one of my favourites either in terms of being a 'fooler'. People know how it works, everytime I perform it. It is just obvious.
But is has a very clever mechanism which makes it easy to do, IF it works ;)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:19 pm

An ingenious mechanism and a nice trick to show occasionally.

However that's about it for me. This was one of those Tenyo items I knew how it was done even before I saw a demo of it - a picture was all I needed (sorry if I sound a bit boasting) By the way: is that the correct word? Seriously, after my holidays in France - and attempting to speak French- I feel like I'm having much more trouble writing in English, even more so than before :) ).
Anyway, it could be me thinking like a magician of course, but I showed it to a few people and they also guessed how it worked.

All things considered this is a Tenyo trick a collector of Tenyo and clever magic tricks in general should have in her or his collection, not because it will baffle many people but because it is so typical Tenyo, a wonderful gimmick made to precision. Something I fear we will never see again in next Tenyo releases ... .

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:04 pm

just give me a chance to hit my stride david ;)
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:10 pm

I agree that this one was pretty easy to figure out but I think the fact that the trick locks and can be handed out to the spectator does help it.

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Post by MerlinsMagicShopMike » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Im on my second one because I handed my first one out to be inspected and it was broken. But I do agree that this trick is not a real fooler. Most people realize how it operates, they just don't know how to trigger the mechanism and when you hand it out they attempt to force it to move and break it. It is a small marvel of engineering and most people see it that way and appreciate its novelty at that. But I did learn my lesson on handing out expensive collector props. I felt bad for the guy that broke it because he really didn't push on it that hard when it cracked, I think that the plastic was just brittle with age. He was a well known professional golfer who is a local here, I won't mention his name but its on a lot of golf equipment. He offered to pay for it and it really made for an uncomfortable moment. But after a few more beers and several other magic tricks everything was forgotten and all was well. This is one of those tricks that I like to show people that have mechanical skills and will appreciate it for what it is, a mechanical marvel, my favorite kind of trick!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:50 am

My best mate and I used to be prop makers/SFX technicians (I say used to be, he still is full time) he's the only person I reveal the workings to as they are all marvels of micro engineering. I dint see him so often but when he's over we crack out a few beers and he tries to work them out. He's not broken any yet, ouch that must've hurt mike! Please tell me you packed 4D surprise to drop on the mystery golfer
Now you see me...

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Post by MerlinsMagicShopMike » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:43 pm

4D surprise would have been perfect! But I didn't have it yet. Anyways, he was more interested in the high powered green lasers that I had just built at the time, as we were aiming them at fire balloons that we had set off and seeing how far away we could hit them with the lasers. It was an awesome sight and being the 4th of July the smoke from the fireworks was still hanging in the night air making the beams visible for over a mile easily. I highly recommend trying it, just be wary of aircraft of course.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:07 am

Guys and Gal,

We had two threads in Focus on Tenyo for Wonder Window. I was able to merge the threads, but the polls I could not merge. Please make sure that you vote has been recorded for this trick. Thank you.

jayadkins

Post by jayadkins » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:11 am

Hi Everyone, Hope you can help this tenyo collector out

Jay Adkins here from the UK, ive just purchased a Tenyo effect on E Bay but it came without instructions, Do you think you could help me out please?? Im sure that ive got it correct but dont want to break the slide by performing wrong, as ive seen its easy to break

Its Tenyo 114 Wonder Window please see below proof

Many thanks, This would be great if you could send me a scan of it
Jay

ORDER DATE
22 Jun, 2015 ORDER TOTAL

£32.01+ £2.49
postageOrder 0See request detailsLeave Feedback

More actions

1 item sold bynathanjamesenjaymagic
Rare Tenyo Magic Trick Wonder Window T-114 Rare Tenyo Magic Trick Wonder Window T-114
( 231598525647 )
Estimated delivery Fri, 26 Jun

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:20 am

Sent!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Jay,

You really need to be more considerate of the members here.

I am not sure what your post is about regarding proof of ownership, but it is not sufficient.

Besides posting the request here you also directly emailed me and I sent you the Wonder Window instructions on July 14th even without photographic proof (maybe a mistake). You should have came here and noted that you received them.

It is an effort for people to help out others with instructions and there is not need for us to be duplicating efforts.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Just want to share with you guys my approach on Wonder Window. Let.me know your opinion. Hope you enjoy it :)

https://youtu.be/p5UmBhnJpuk

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Victor,

What a great presentation!! Now I need to get out my copy and re-experience it again for the first time! :D

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks Kirk. Yes it is very enjoyable to do but always extra careful with Wonder Window because as we know it is a very sentisive prop :)