I am finally updating the Tenyo Website

Please post here feedback, recommendations, questions, requests, technical problems, etc. I will use this area to post information about how to best use the forum.
JohnM
Site Admin

I am finally updating the Tenyo Website

Post by JohnM » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:53 pm

Guys,

I have been working on the Tenyo website updating it with the tricks released in the last several years.

The Index page of Planet Tenyo is up to date with all the tricks up to 2023.

I did not photograph them as I did in the past, for the past several years I am just using pictures of the boxes I got from the internet for now.

I am also updating the T-number Look Up page and plan to update the Inventors page and possibly the Tricks Sorted by Prop and Tricks Sorted by Effect pages but they are a lot of work.

Can one of you guys help me with the inventors of the following tricks? You can find the inventor at the end of the instructions sheet. I have not purchased 2022 and 2023 yet so I don't have that info on hand.
Missing T-Numbers.png
Thank you
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: I am finally updating the Tenyo Website

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:35 pm

T-298 Wild Shock - no creator is mentioned, because it is no original Tenyo effect, but a variation of Wild Card, developed by Peter Kane, who improved the version by Frank Garcia. The instructions are written by So Sato

T-301 Flash Cube is created by So Sato

T-303 Lucky Strings is created by Hiroki Tanaka

T-304 The Final Piece is originally created by Lee Earle (U.S.A.)
New product conceived by Kenichi Komiya

T-305 Mister Danger is created by So Sato

T-306 Size Surprise is created by Toyohisa Saikawa

PS I don’t own
T-299 Phone Appetit
T-300 The Cash
T-302 Magical Photography

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:17 am

Thank you So Much Rob for your help!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:33 am

I still need the inventors for these three tricks.

T-299 Phone Appetit
T-300 The Cash

If someone could look into that for me it would be much appreciated.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:09 pm

John, I discovered that I do own The Cash.

It’s actually called

T-300 BLINK BANK (according to the English instructions)

Usually named THE CASH / BLINK BANK

Created by Tran Dang Ninh, Smagic Productions (Vietnam)
Stopper construction by Kenichi Komiya

CollinW

Post by CollinW » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:39 pm

JohnM wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:33 am

T-299 Phone Appetit
T-300 The Cash

T-298 Wild Shock “Wild Card.” Peter Kane (1938–2004), “Wild Card” Frank Garcia (1927–1993)
T-302 Magical Photography was by Higar

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:31 pm

CollinW wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:39 pm
JohnM wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:33 am

T-299 Phone Appetit
T-300 The Cash

T-298 Wild Shock “Wild Card.” Peter Kane (1938–2004), “Wild Card” Frank Garcia (1927–1993)
T-302 Magical Photography was by Higar
Thank you so much Collin.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:12 pm

JohnM wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:53 pm
Guys,

I have been working on the Tenyo website updating it with the tricks released in the last several years.

I did not photograph them as I did in the past, for the past several years I am just using pictures of the boxes I got from the internet for now.

I am also updating the T-number Look Up page and plan to update the Inventors page and possibly the Tricks Sorted by Prop and Tricks Sorted by Effect pages but they are a lot of work.

Can one of you guys help me with the inventors of the following tricks? You can find the inventor at the end of the instructions sheet. I have not purchased 2022 and 2023 yet so I don't have that info on hand.

Missing T-Numbers.png

Thank you
John

Are you updating the redemption tricks as well? If so, do you need help on that end? Or are you just focusing on just the T-line?
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:54 am

Brett H wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:12 pm
JohnM wrote:
Guys,

Missing T-Numbers.png

Thank you
John

Are you updating the redemption tricks as well? If so, do you need help on that end? Or are you just focusing on just the T-line?
Hello Brett,

I am so behind on Tenyo. I just used pictures from the net as place holders to update Planet Tenyo until I can do my own photos and such.

I will probably do the same thing with the Plus One Campaign. Get a picture place holder there for reference now and maybe do more later.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:41 pm

JohnM wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:54 am
Brett H wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:12 pm
JohnM wrote:
Guys,

Missing T-Numbers.png

Thank you
John

Hello Brett,

I am so behind on Tenyo. I just used pictures from the net as place holders to update Planet Tenyo until I can do my own photos and such.

I will probably do the same thing with the Plus One Campaign. Get a picture place holder there for reference now and maybe do more later.
NGL, I loved the pictures of you doing unique displays of the trick, but I get it.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:36 pm

[/quote]

NGL, I loved the pictures of you doing unique displays of the trick, but I get it.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
[/quote]

Yes, Tan told me that Murphy's was given permission to reproduce Plus One tricks for the overseas market. Do you have any info on that?

Do you know if Prediction Egg was every reproduced. It was a hard one to get for sure, but there seems to be some around now.

I know you love the Plus One Tricks. If you want to write an article about them, I will publish it on my website.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:05 pm

JohnM wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:36 pm
Yes, Tan told me that Murphy's was given permission to reproduce Plus One tricks for the overseas market. Do you have any info on that?
That's the first I've heard about that. Within the last couple years, starting with A Whole New Hole, there has been a mass distribution of the Plus Ones. AWNW was weird because it was the Plus One for that year, and then it was mass distributed late in the fall that same year.

And now we had the distribution of Magical Sushi, Charisma, and Magical Chocolate. I want to say that Magical Burger, Magical Sneakers, and Magic Calendar got reprinted too because their prices suddenly dropped and became more available amongst retailers.
JohnM wrote:
Do you know if Prediction Egg was every reproduced. It was a hard one to get for sure, but there seems to be some around now.
Prediction Egg has been popping up a little bit more lately between Ebay and other avenues. I say " a little bit" gritting my teeth only because more have popped up, but it's not at a very cheap price. I know that you have to fold the snake head and that gives the trick a more "finite" amount of times you can perform it, similar to Magical Cafe.
But from what I can gather, it hasn't seen a reprint. It looks like its more of few sellers from Japan selling it and 'Egg just sitting there.

Tenyo also has a thing against reprinting Plus Ones prior to 2006 (Magical Calendar). We have the reprints of Sukkaku Scale (as well as the bigger version made I think 1-2 years ago), and Dream Psychometry being a part of the 2017 "Mentalism T-line". But aside from those, Tenyo avoids everything from 1996-2005 as hard as they can.

Strangely, they are releasing a 3-trick mental magic line soon. One of them is a new trick, Mentalist Flash Cards, and Image Generator Mini (which I figured would never get a reprint. But going theory is that the redemption program for that year didn't get a lot of action and they just have a bunch of Image Generator Minis collecting dust.)
JohnM wrote:
I know you love the Plus One Tricks. If you want to write an article about them, I will publish it on my website.
Absolutely! What would you to be written about them?
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:06 pm

[/quote]

Absolutely! What would you to be written about them?
[/quote]

Write whatever you want but only if you want to.

You can talk about the tricks and why you love them so much. Maybe go over what has been reprinted and which are the hardest to find.

Here is what I wrote.
image0.jpg
I will put a link to your article there and I may add a section to the website called Contributors and will feature it there too.

But only if you want to.

Here is what Tan sent me about what Murphy's re-released overseas.
393249126_3477956955806085_2795189367336799749_n.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:35 am

JohnM wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:06 pm

Write whatever you want but only if you want to.
Writing is what I do!
JohnM wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:06 pm

You can talk about the tricks and why you love them so much. Maybe go over what has been reprinted and which are the hardest to find.
Done. I'll get to work.

As far as individual Tenyo you want talked about. Do you only want to go over ones you currently have in Planet Tenyo (1996-2014) or is any Plus One good for it.

I currently have the more current stuff not on Planet Tenyo, but I'm hoping to have all the current Tenyo from 2006-current except for Magical Cafe, Mind Roulette, and Mentalist Flashcards within the next month or so.
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:39 pm

I will update Planet Tenyo with all the Plus Ones. I still have to get the last two and this years.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:16 pm

If anyone has Mini Image Generator, Liars Fruit or ESP Birds for sale or trade,

please let me know.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:06 pm

JohnM wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:16 pm

please let me know.
If you haven’t got this years T-line, just wait until SEOMagic comes out with their T-line bundle with ESP Birds with translated instructions.

Trying to figure out ESP Birds with google translate sucked. Olaf can attest to this.

I got an inflated head thinking I was brilliant figuring out Liar’s Fruit with Google Translate and stumbling my way through it. ESP Birds was…humbling.

I’ll keep my eyes open for all 3 of these Plus Ones. I have a bunch of feelers out on eBay for them. But Liars Fruit has only popped up 2-3 times as an auction since it’s been released that didn’t go for super inflated prices (Japan sellers have them as a BIN, but boy do you pay a premium. But for the record. It went between $30-$40).

Also, all the Image Generator Minis recently vanished from eBay. Not sold or anything. Just taken down and can’t find anything from the usual Japan sellers that carried them. It’s really weird. Especially since it’s getting a “reprint”. SEOMagic still has the T-line + Plus One bundle in their site. Probably not worth it if you already have that years line. But I can’t find Image Generator anywhere. If not here, then the FB Collectoes group. If not there, you might be stuck with the SEO bundle.

Also, I have no idea why the last 3 years have been so incredibly scarce. It’s weird.
Where's my colon?!

CollinW

Post by CollinW » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:02 pm

Brett H wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:05 pm
Tenyo also has a thing against reprinting Plus Ones prior to 2006 (Magical Calendar). We have the reprints of Sukkaku Scale (as well as the bigger version made I think 1-2 years ago), and Dream Psychometry being a part of the 2017 "Mentalism T-line". But aside from those, Tenyo avoids everything from 1996-2005 as hard as they can.
That's interesting, do you know why they avoid those years?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:35 pm

Brett H wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:06 pm
JohnM wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:16 pm

please let me know.
Also, I have no idea why the last 3 years have been so incredibly scarce. It’s weird.
I was able to order the last three plus ones that I needed.

Brett if you want E-mail me the Plus Ones you are missing and I will look out for them for you.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:54 pm

CollinW wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:02 pm
Brett H wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:05 pm
That's interesting, do you know why they avoid those years?
There isn't much of anything stating that they won't reprint the 1996-2005 tricks. All I really have is conjecture and notice trends and patterns. The only Plus Ones that did get a reprint from that era was Sakkaku Scale and Dream Psychometry. And Dream Psychometry was the more current one--and it got added into the T-line 18 years after it's initial release.

=rolls up sleeves=

Psychic Battle - This is a cute trick, but compared to the other 27 Plus Ones that have been released, it's hard for it to stand on it's own--at least, it's just seldom talked about and I can only assume that it just isn't in demand. It has the issue of being a "one trick pony" that doesn't bode well for repeat performances. And of the other handful of Plus Ones that are also "one trick ponies", most had a more powerful punch. And while this may be subjective, Psychic Battle has one of the more obscure themes of the Plus One inventory, to where you practically have to commit to the Psychic Battle theme (similar to hwo you have to commit to the Clairvoyance Tester theme). This was Tenyo's first go at Plus Ones, so I'm not going to poo-poo on it and be "this is the worst". Far from it. It's a neat trick, don't get me wrong. It's just that there are other Plus Ones that could easily get reprinted before we see a reprinted Psychic Battle.

Four Chance Game - This one has so much going against it. You have the die--which isn't anything special, but in the realm of Plus Ones, if it isn't card stock, it's "odd materials". You have the playing board and the rules printed with perforations for the chips. This trick could only get reprinted as it's own T-line trick like Dream Psychometrty did with all the odd materials going for it. The big reason I don't thibnk it'll get reprinted is that it is an ELABORATE sucker trick. Of all the Plus Ones, it absolutely takes the longest to perform, and if you repeat the performance, you arouse suspicion and people will immediately flag you're doing something--they won't know what, but they will be suspicious until you put it away.

Fortune Telling Card - It has a plastic wand, so that's a strike against it for "odd materials". But that's probably the only thing going against it, other than of all the other Plus Ones, this one commands the most table space. The latter argument is probably a non-factor, but something to point out.

Telephone Telepathy - Oh boy. "finite tricks". This trick is a booklet, and every performance, you use up 1 page. so you can only use it X number of times and you have to get another one. The booklet is "odd materials" because it's printed paper with perforations. I'm not sure if a compiled booklet like this costs a lot--production-wise, but it doesn't seem like Tenyo works with straight printed paper tricks as much as it does cardstock tricks. And Tenyo typically does not mess with "finite" tricks much. We see them in the T-line every so often (Note-a-Bill, Magic Memo Pad, etc.). To note, Magical Cafe is the only other "finite" trick in the Plus One inventory, and it's one of the few "recent" Tenyo that hasn't got a reprint. That indicates to me that they aren't going to touch either of these tricks.

Prediction Egg - This trick is pretty good and fun. There is a slight "finite" aspect to it with using the origami snake heads. But that's another issue, I think the snake head is meant to be a "surprise" aspect of the trick and doesn't work as well for repeat performances. Other than that, you have two different kinds of cards going into this trick: the snake heads, and the prediction cards themselves. Maybe printing two different kinds of cards to produce one trick is too expensive.

Chips of Moonless Night - the chips look like plastic with stickers for the picture. So right there, "odd materials".

Ghost Puzzle - I could be wrong, but this MAY have been reprinted a long time ago. I'm not 100% on this. It is kind of a popular older Plus One. Other than it being a slow-burning "one trick pony", I don't see why this hasn't been reprinted. Then again, a lot of the more current Plus Ones perform faster.

Magical Word - This absolutely won't get reprinted--at least, in the capacity that we are seeing with the recent 6 reprinted Plus Ones where every retailer is selling them. If this trick DOES get reprinted, it's happening 1 of two ways:
1) it's included in a sort of box set with other tricks
2) it's reprinted, but a small batch that accounts for just it's Japanese consumer base.
The problem with Magical Word is that it completely relies on knowing Japanese--as Japanese words are on the cards--the secret ties into this. It's next to impossible to get the trick to work in another language unless you are absolutely nuts and figure out a way to do it and make your own after learning the secret.

All this said, I was absolutely floored when A Whole New Whole was reprinted and mass distributed to magic retailers months after it's initial release in the Plus One campaign in Japan. As well as the recent reprints of: Calendar, Burger, Sneakers, Chocolate, Sushi, and Charisma. I was completekly surprised that those happened.

That said, some more notes:

- I would not be surprised if Sakkaku Scale gets reprinted in the future, especially since Tenyo released a "Deluxe" larger version of it and now it's pretty damn hard to find. 'Scale is unilaterally a part of nearly every collectors "Top 5" of Plus Ones.

- I WANT Mind Roulette to get reprinted, but the felt "board" is "odd materials" and the gambling routine may not be suitable for younger customers (because Tenyo is sold in Japan as a toy), as Tenyo doesn't dabble with gambling themes often. It's extremely rare.

- I don't think Magician's Clock will get a reprint. The best time for it to have got reprinted was during the pandemic when everyone was inside and Instagram/TikTok/Youtube/Zoom magic was the RAGE. If a GLOBAL PANDEMIC didn't trigger it's reprint, I'd be absolutely floored to see it reprinted at this point.

- I am 99.9% positive that: Four Chance Game, Telephone Telepathy, Magical Cafe, and Magical Word will not get a reprint.

- Image Generator Mini is going to be included in a 3-trick mentalist box set--but I don't think it's exactly a total "reprint", per se, considering I.G.M. is a microfiber cloth and considered "odd materials". I think that's because the amount of redeemed I.G.M.s that year were low and they just have a pile of I.G.M.s that are collecting dust and it's only good business to plus them in a box set like this.
Where's my colon?!